NARS Pressed Powder

3.5

Talc, Polymethylmethacrylate, PTFE, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch (Corn), Nylon 66, Polyethylene, Dimethicone, Silica, Zinc Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), May Contain ( /-):, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163) (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289) (CI 77289), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

on 2/10/2015 8:33:00 PM

The Nars pressed powder has been something I have always wanted to try. I bought the shade "Beach" and I was not very impressed. I found it quite heavy on my skin and left a lot of creases when I set it over my foundation. It also finishes quite quickly as there is not a lot of product in it. It's an expensive powder that I won't be purchasing again.

Like the NARS powder foundation, I think this pressed powder looks and feels good but does little to control shine. And I'm not particularly oily at the moment.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love the packaging of nars products, coming from someone who lives in black and white and loves a simple expensive looking style, I love having these on my dressing table, it looks the part, and the money. The OCD in me hates that this is black because the powder gets all over and leaves the packaging dusty and white which annoys me way too much; this is just being picky.

I haven't had much experience with powder, when buying my YSL foundation I also had the powder tested on me (which by the way, is fabulous) but didn't want to blow 81.50 in 10 minutes, so I left the powder behind thinking I wouldn't really need it anyway.
My liquid foundation does need something to mattify it and take away the dew. I was at space nk the following week and this just caught my eye in my "trying to find a perfect powder" day. (This isn't my holy grail powder, YSL is, I can't wait for this nars to run out so I can go back and buy the ysl.)
Never the less I bought this, it's about 7 cheaper than the ysl I wanted.
There isn't much product in this, but luckily I only use a light dusting. It does what I want. Reduces shine and dew, makes my skin feel more matte but not too matte that it's cakey. The colour range was fabulous, the lightest shade is perfect for my very pale skin. You can't really tell I have this on (which is what I want) but you can when it gets all over my clothes and hands, (which it does often, it transfers easy).
I couldn't say it's worth the money, but it does what a powder does, takes away shine and makes skin more matte. I wouldn't buy again because it's nothing special for the price, I haven't fell in love with it. I can't heavily praise or criticise this because it isn't worthy of either. It's just "alright".

on 5/18/2014 1:15:00 PM

This product is sooo amazing. It keeps me matte throughout the day and the colours are amazing. My shade is beach which is a yellow toned powder. I love it as my skin is yellow toned and it matches well. It has a huge mirror which is good for touch ups. However the only thing that puts me off is the price. £24 is quite expensive for a powder but it lasts for a long time which I guess is acceptable x

on 3/28/2014 11:37:00 PM

When it comes to pressed powder, I like a bit a coverage. Not a lot, but a little. This gives no extra coverage and does not give a nice finish to the skin. I'm used to Mac MSF, which gives an amazing satin finish. However, the ingredients are not good for problematic skin. So i'm always looking for alternatives. The Nars pressed powder is probably the worst powder I have ever bought. When used to set foundation (nars sheer glow), it makes the foundation look heavy and clings to areas I'm trying conceal. Overall, I would not recommend this powder, especially for the money.
Nars is my favourite makeup brand, but I believe they really missed the mark on this one.

on 3/26/2014 12:19:00 AM

I bought this not expecting much because I like a more matte finish and just figured I would use this for touch ups. I was surprised when I got this how much I really do love it! It gives me a natural look and makes my face look so smooth. The colors were spot on. I bought mine in Beach and it was perfect. The color description for these are pretty spot on too. Also love that it has more of a yellow rather than pink tone. Has great oil control and staying power. I did however use a different applicator sponge than the one that came with it because it was flimsy and did not make the powder go on smoothly. Switched to a sponge applicator and made a world of a difference! I would definitely recommend this.

This compact is what I wanted the crystal one to be. I swapped it out for this pressed powder and glad I didn't give up on the lines setting powders. This still has a fine shimmer but it sets matte and I love it. Nice big mirror and the powder pulls yellow tone I have it in beach. NC 25 here. Since this is my first compact it will be trial and error to see how long it will last. It's more expensive then my Mac blot powder by like 9$ or so

on 10/20/2013 9:35:00 PM

I've used this powder through the whole summer because my skin was getting very sensitive and most powders out there have sunscreen or some kinda weird fragrance which i'm allerigic to. However i was never totally in love with it, first, due to the poor color selection. I"m around NC 30 and the color beach is slightly too light for me while next color is way too dark.....secondly, eventhough it has really good oil controlling power, i have to be very careful if how much i put or else my face is super powdery....sometimes i have to purposely retouch my t-zone half an hour earlier before i leave the house so that i can look more natural. The very last reason is because i find it quite drying as it goes into fall....at the end of my work some part of skin (break out) are so dry and scalpy that makes me need to wash it all off and reapply if i'm to go out later..........for reference i have combination dehydrated skin.........Another thing i need to add is the ingredients in this powder are not that great if you have sensitive or acne prone skin.........The second ingredients is corn starch which is a very cheap oil obsorbent that are mostly found in less expensive drug store powder...this is also highly acnegenic....another bad ingredient s bismuth oxychloride......if your skin is prone to itchiness u should probably stay away from this.........

on 9/1/2013 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

perfect setting powder over my liquid foundations! this is a sheer pressed powder with very little coverage. i have normal-dry skin, often have difficulty finding powders that don't cause flaking on the drier parts of my face. This does not cake up on my face, sets my foundation perfectly and definitely increases the longevity of any foundation i have on under it. i think this powder is underrated and don't get the attention it deserves within the makeup community! for reference, i have the shade 'beach' and i am MAC nc25-30.

on 8/26/2013 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Love this product! It compares to my Chanel double perfection matte powder that I adore sooooo much. It's pretty much the same thing, only $5 cheaper, haha! Makes my skin look flawless. I found a better match for my skin (barcelona) than the Chanel color I was previously using. Love, love, love!

Recommended for Normal Skin