NARS Pressed Powder

3.6

Talc, Polymethylmethacrylate, PTFE, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch (Corn), Nylon 66, Polyethylene, Dimethicone, Silica, Zinc Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), May Contain ( /-):, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163) (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289) (CI 77289), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

New fan of this product!!

I recently switched my foundation from MAC to NARS.

I currently wear the NARS Sheer Glow foundation in Deuville & wear the NARS Pressed Powder in Beach on top.

I absoloutly love the combination of these 2 products. They work so well together. Prior to buying this I used to wear my MAC Studio Fix powder on top of the Sheer Glow but found due to the heaviness of the studio fix powder, it was seperating on my skin and became very oily and just gave me an overall horrible look after a long day. The NARS pressed powder sits lightly on top of my foundation, does not provide a heavy coverage, which is great as it allows the foundation to do all the work and helps by keeping it all in place.

The packaging on this product is amazing. The only critisim is to use your own brush or sponge as they one it comes with is very flimsy.

I love love love this and would definetly buy it again.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I see what you did there, NARS.

First you lured me in with your amazing tinted moisturizer. Then you boasted of a powder that was perfectly sheer, with yellow undertones, that did not cake. Blasphemy, I said.

Then I visited the NARS counter and saw it for myself. I said '$36 for some powder? I DON'T THINK SO! I'll go home and use Fit Me! I went home and used Fit Me and hated it. I went back to NARS and after much deliberation, purchased the $36 pressed powder. Yes, it hurt my heart a little bit.

But when I used it for the first time over my Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer? The heavens opened up. I swear I heard singing. This powder....is so light, so sheer, so.....wonderful in every way that I can't even explain it.

Layered lightly on top of the Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer it provides the most perfect coverage for my dewy skin that I've ever found. I have combination skin which results in a dewy nose and oily t-zone. I've been looking for something to combat that but still give me the light coverage that I wanted. This allows my skin to look almost flawless. The best part is, I don't look like i'm wearing too much makeup! It gives my skin this 'porcelain doll' finish but still shows my freckles.

I wear this in the shade 'Mountain' and the yellow in the powder doesn't look unnatural at all. In bright natural sunlight, it's actually quite flattering.

I love this powder. It's so worth the expense. Now that NARS has at last dragged me in kicking and screaming to their line, it's only natural that I explore their gorgeous lipsticks. NARS, you done good. I'm a lifer.

on 4/29/2015 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this powder when I ran out of the light reflecting finishing powder, it was ok but not worth the expense. After doing some research I bought this powder. I'm glad I did because it suits my needs. I use it to set my sheer glow foundation and they work really well together. I like how it has a touch of coverage, just the right amount. I don't understand why the reviews on here aren't great.

on 2/10/2015 8:33:00 PM

The Nars pressed powder has been something I have always wanted to try. I bought the shade "Beach" and I was not very impressed. I found it quite heavy on my skin and left a lot of creases when I set it over my foundation. It also finishes quite quickly as there is not a lot of product in it. It's an expensive powder that I won't be purchasing again.

Like the NARS powder foundation, I think this pressed powder looks and feels good but does little to control shine. And I'm not particularly oily at the moment.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love the packaging of nars products, coming from someone who lives in black and white and loves a simple expensive looking style, I love having these on my dressing table, it looks the part, and the money. The OCD in me hates that this is black because the powder gets all over and leaves the packaging dusty and white which annoys me way too much; this is just being picky.

I haven't had much experience with powder, when buying my YSL foundation I also had the powder tested on me (which by the way, is fabulous) but didn't want to blow 81.50 in 10 minutes, so I left the powder behind thinking I wouldn't really need it anyway.
My liquid foundation does need something to mattify it and take away the dew. I was at space nk the following week and this just caught my eye in my "trying to find a perfect powder" day. (This isn't my holy grail powder, YSL is, I can't wait for this nars to run out so I can go back and buy the ysl.)
Never the less I bought this, it's about 7 cheaper than the ysl I wanted.
There isn't much product in this, but luckily I only use a light dusting. It does what I want. Reduces shine and dew, makes my skin feel more matte but not too matte that it's cakey. The colour range was fabulous, the lightest shade is perfect for my very pale skin. You can't really tell I have this on (which is what I want) but you can when it gets all over my clothes and hands, (which it does often, it transfers easy).
I couldn't say it's worth the money, but it does what a powder does, takes away shine and makes skin more matte. I wouldn't buy again because it's nothing special for the price, I haven't fell in love with it. I can't heavily praise or criticise this because it isn't worthy of either. It's just "alright".

on 5/18/2014 1:15:00 PM

This product is sooo amazing. It keeps me matte throughout the day and the colours are amazing. My shade is beach which is a yellow toned powder. I love it as my skin is yellow toned and it matches well. It has a huge mirror which is good for touch ups. However the only thing that puts me off is the price. £24 is quite expensive for a powder but it lasts for a long time which I guess is acceptable x

on 3/28/2014 11:37:00 PM

When it comes to pressed powder, I like a bit a coverage. Not a lot, but a little. This gives no extra coverage and does not give a nice finish to the skin. I'm used to Mac MSF, which gives an amazing satin finish. However, the ingredients are not good for problematic skin. So i'm always looking for alternatives. The Nars pressed powder is probably the worst powder I have ever bought. When used to set foundation (nars sheer glow), it makes the foundation look heavy and clings to areas I'm trying conceal. Overall, I would not recommend this powder, especially for the money.
Nars is my favourite makeup brand, but I believe they really missed the mark on this one.

on 3/26/2014 12:19:00 AM

I bought this not expecting much because I like a more matte finish and just figured I would use this for touch ups. I was surprised when I got this how much I really do love it! It gives me a natural look and makes my face look so smooth. The colors were spot on. I bought mine in Beach and it was perfect. The color description for these are pretty spot on too. Also love that it has more of a yellow rather than pink tone. Has great oil control and staying power. I did however use a different applicator sponge than the one that came with it because it was flimsy and did not make the powder go on smoothly. Switched to a sponge applicator and made a world of a difference! I would definitely recommend this.

This compact is what I wanted the crystal one to be. I swapped it out for this pressed powder and glad I didn't give up on the lines setting powders. This still has a fine shimmer but it sets matte and I love it. Nice big mirror and the powder pulls yellow tone I have it in beach. NC 25 here. Since this is my first compact it will be trial and error to see how long it will last. It's more expensive then my Mac blot powder by like 9$ or so