November 20, 2014 | 1969 users online

Powders - Bourjois - Pressed Light Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by kofykat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

The product isn't bad. But it isn't great. The thing is, i used to love this, but then it suddenly didn't work for me anymore. I don't understand why. I mean, the colour started looking ashen. Maybe my skintype and tone changed? I used ot have oily skin which has now become dry - combination sensitive skin. so maybe it highlights my dry patches? i dunno. but i used to love this not anymore.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2010 1:37:00 PM More reviews by emk

Bourjois is a brand I'm a bit confused about. What I mean by this, is that some products are amazing and some products I expected to be in the standard were..crap.
This powder was in the crap side, yes it did have a handy mirror but that just got covered with the powder so I had to keep wiping it. I picked the powder in the lightest shade but it was still pretty orange which doesn't look nice on my skin as I am a fair girl. It was a bit dry too, and It made my skin feel tight. It didn't do anything good to my skin appearance-wise and to me it was just another orange layer to my skin.
Would not recommend!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2009 11:34:00 AM More reviews by MariellaFromBe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a very pretty and solid plastic compact, which a real mirror in it - not so common for a drugstore product. It comes with a little puff that is very nice and soft.
The powder is very fine and extremely sweet, it leaves the skin matte and velvety.

It has a distinctive perfume, which can bother some people, but it fades away quickly once you have applied it.
Although I love all those product features, the product doesn't seem to last well on me and I need to touch up after 4 hours, which is a shame because it's otherwise perfect. Even the price is perfect : 11

Now considering this price, I think you get great value for your money, and on days when I am just out for a few hours instead of working 12+hours, it's certainly good enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2009 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Enemene

I have recently stopped using translucent powders because they make my skin look a little flat but its been a hard task finding a powder to suit my skin colour without it looking orange.

But I have been using Bourjois powder for a few months now and I love it.

I have always been tempted by more expensive products such as Dior or Chanel but decided to use some slightly middle of the road priced items and I have to say I have completely fallen in love with Bourjois products as a whole.

The powder has a slight scent which is very inviting when you put the product on your face and althought it is a powder it is almost creamy and feels so light and delicate on my skin.

I reapply it a couple times in the day but that is mostly because I do have fairly oily skin at times.

The packaging is cute without being tacky. My only flaw would be the button on the lid is sometimes a little hard to open.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2009 12:25:00 PM More reviews by martiangurll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

(this one is actually named Visage Bourjois: Poudre Parfaite Velours, Fini Mat Veloute) Received this from an auction on Ebay, and so I didn't pay full price, but I would, based on my experience with it.

Overall, I am quite happy with this. It works as a pressed powder foundation and is covers with medium opacity. It covers the blemishes and evens out my complexion without looking too cakey or powdery. I prefer the ease of the pressed compact to the minerals or loose powder that fly everywhere and make my vanity counter look constantly dirty.

Pros--Good coverage without appearing cakey, nicely milled and pressed, goes on smoothly with brush or puff. (looks better applied with brush than the little powder puff that came with it) It has a light scent that is pleasant. It has average staying power. Good color match for my skin tone.

Cons--Doesn't look quite as natural as the mineral or loose powder, but this could be my technique. I am not thrilled about the little powder puff that came with it, but this is picayune and you can apply it with whatever you wish. The package and puff aren't anything special, but it is a convenient package. Also, I have accidentally dropped it a time or two, and it withstood the fall without breakage. If you don't like scent, this could be a problem for you, but I personally liked the scent and it wasn't strong or long-lasting.

Overall a win and a nice pressed powder. Does the job. I keep it in my bag at work for on the fly touch-ups. It isn't HG, but its better than average.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2005 6:08:00 PM More reviews by villanelle_lancs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought 'Rose' which is not pink as the name suggests, but a pale neutral ivory. This gives my skin a flawless, smooth matte finish and is not at all drying.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2003 10:04:00 PM More reviews by LuxeD

Even the lightest shade looked orangey and artificial on my fair skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2002 2:26:00 PM More reviews by nobiki

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i bought the jade tinted one, to counter redness. this is great because it goes on light, but does not leave a greenish cast as you might expect. it isn't too small or too large. i haven't tried to puff that came with it - just used a regular powder brush on the areas that needed it.

the package is very secure, and i haven't caught my finger in it even once. but the smell! ugh, a very heavy floral fragrance. good thing i don't need to use too much of this. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2002 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Natashia

I have this in Jade- a green matte powder meant to reduce the redness of the face.

I love this product coz its so versatile. Its a good quality powder that does not look cakey or flourly on the face even after layering it on. Has a nice pleasant scent. I have had one for 2 years and am only halfway through, very value for money.

Coz its green, I find it effective to netralize redness, yellowness and orangeness. Some of my foundation shades don't really match me and this powder helps resolve the problem. Will definitely repurchase it.