October 25, 2014 | 1808 users online

Highlighters - Becca - Aphrodite Pressed Shimmer Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2006 8:06:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

I have almost all of the Becca pressed shimmer powders and I just love this product. It is really excellent. The shimmer isnt glittery or chunky, but really natural. These retail for $33 each but there is alot of powder. Comes packaged in a brown compact with silver top. Aphrodite is a shimmery coppery gold color. This make the best highlighter. The shimmers are so natural and not glittery at all. They do have the Becca scent though, but it fades quickly and I dont notice it. Top quality shimmer powders and some of the best on the market. They are much more finely milled than the BB shimmerbricks or MAC skinfinishes/iridescent powders. A+++++!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2005 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Bernadette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is really, really pretty. A tiny jar of loose gold shimmer that adds a nice highlight to almost any blush color. Would probably repurchase, but there is so much product I might not have to.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2004 11:24:00 AM More reviews by MostAdorable

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Aphrodite is a shimmery warm (yellow) gold against my NC55 complexion. The shimmer is very subtle. So subtle in fact, that after a couple of hours my oily skin soaks it right up and there's no shimmer left at all. I think it would be pretty for special occasions. But even then, I tend to like the loose shimmer powder in Odette for that. The shimmer is a bit more intense in the loose version. I don't think I will be keeping the pressed powder. Not special enough.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2004 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

I am in LOVE with this product. Aphrodite is a golden shade which blends right into my gold skin - this literally makes me look like a goddess. I am not a big shimmer fan; I don't feel I can carry it off, but, much like NARS Laguna, this doesn't sit on your skin -- instead it gives you that candlelit glow from within. I adore this. I think if someone is anti-glitter/shimmer but would like a little boost to look more luminous, this is the product for them. FYI, I am 36, NC35, extremely warm-complected. A lovely, lovely product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2004 10:30:00 PM More reviews by JBGreenberg

This review is also for the Loose Shimmer Powder: I think I am in denial. I mean I keep buying products even though they are not meant for my skin tone (LSF 5.5). Aphrodite is clearly recommended for medium to golden brown complexions, but I decided to give it a try anyways. The color is a golden-tan w/ gold shimmer. Personally I think this is way too dark for me to wear as a highlighter, but it sure does make a pretty, though expensive, eye shadow. Use with caution

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2004 1:06:00 PM More reviews by DeedeeL

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Note: I'm reviewing the loose version. This is the only Becca product to date that I've got that I really like and use. (Point of reference: all her liquid and cream products including the concealer refuse to stay on my face and out of my pores.) Whereas I found Princess to leave me looking sallow and dirty, this perks me right up; it's my winter bronzer, because other bronzers look too fake on me in the winter. The shimmer is crazy in the tub, but really, it just melts into my skin once it's on me, so much so that I can use this for daywear/office wear. The container is ridiculous though, everytime I use it I get a becca explosion. I'm looking forward to the new smaller shaker style containers even if it turns out to be more costly because at $18 I can try the other ones with abandon!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2003 5:05:00 AM More reviews by mriaow

This is one of the Becca products I can't wear- Aphrodite makes me look sallow, and an interesting shade of yellow-orange. Great.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2003 2:09:00 PM More reviews by dana

This was so unnatural on my warm toned NC20 or 25 skin. It turned orange and not in a good way. It would look a lot better on you darker skinned gals. I don't feel as though I can be objective on any other aspect of the powder, so I will end my review there. I can however say I am interested to try other colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2002 8:18:00 AM More reviews by debby

The MA dusted both aphrodite (gold) and a silver one (forgot the name) on each side of my temples. I thought the silver one gave a more obvious sheen, but she highly recommended aphrodite so I caved in. I went home and used it the next day, and my friend says it gives me that subtle sunbronzed glow and that it suits my MMM olive tones very well! But I'm still thinking about the silver one :P

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2002 8:01:00 PM More reviews by angel1064

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this powder is gorgeous. when you first look at it in the compact it just looks like an ordinary orangey bronzer. well, dont let this deceive you. when you brush this on it gives a true gold shimmer that is not obvious at all but just gives this "golden glow". just beautiful!