Physicians Formula Summer Eclipse Bronzer and Shimmer Powder

4.3

on 7/24/2013 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I got this is moonlight, which is the light tan version.

This is not a bronzer for people who want to look like they just came back from a beach vacation. This is a very subtle, natural-looking light bronzer that adds just a bit of allover color for everyday, especially for us pale girls. It doesn't look orange at all, and it doesn't oxidize either, yay! There is some sparkle to it, (the highlight/moon part) but when you swirl your brush over both parts of the compact together the color applies evenly, blends nicely and the tiny bit of sparkle adds the radiance factor this bronzer advertises, giving a soft glow to the skin. The sparkle is not giant pieces of glitter, but you CAN see it on the skin and it's probably NOT what you want for everyday/work wear.

I like this stripped down compact too, because it's slim and doesn't have any of the extra crap that I never use, like the useless brushes that usually come with or a mirror. It's just the bronzer pan. I apply this with my Ecotools bronzer brush.

I've never had any problems for my sensitive/combination skin from PF's bronzers and this one is no exception. It is one of their slightly less pricey ones at about $12 and definitely worth a try if you're looking for a little bit of subtle color and sparkle.

on 5/28/2013 9:04:00 PM

My shade is called 'Moonlight/Light Bronzer'. I picked it up for $12. There is almost no colour to it, and just a subtle shimmer. I'm pretty pale and I prefer natural looking make up, so I use this product regularly. I pretty much use this as an all-over finishing powder to give my entire face a very subtle hint of colour OR I use it to lightly accentuate my cheekbones (with some illuminator underneath). To accentuate my cheekbones, I have to swirl my brush about 4-5 times into the blush to achieve a little bit of colour. If you're looking for a proper bronzer that delivers a nice hit colour, then this product is not for you. If you are NOT pale, then this product will just be a waste as it will not show up on the skin.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I scored this magnificent bronzer at 50% regular price; so basically, it was $10(CAD). I wouldn't have bought it otherwise, but now that I've used it, I'll gladly repurchase it at full price if need be. I chose the "sunlight" shade, which is for medium to dark skin tones. I have olive skin with a year round tan. This bronzer adds extra oomph and contours my face nicely, without looking obvious and/or overwhelming. The shimmer particles are very slight and nothing too extravagant. It helps that this bronzer has an added golden section, your bronzing brush will pick up both pigments and mixed together, it's very flattering. I promise you, this does not look orange on me at all! It's perfect!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a lovely bronzer, I would totally reccommend those with oily skin to use this product if you are looking for a bronzer. It really contures the face without causing future breakouts.

I have fair skin that is sensitive and usually dry. I had first purchased the Sephora brand bronzer in the gold compact and it broke out my skin terribly. I saw this in CVS and decided to get it since there was a $4 coupon attached to the box. I had planned on purchasing the Cashmere Wear one but I could tell right away that one wouldn't work for me. I bought this one in the light shade and as the spring turns into summer I might go for the darker color. I love this one because it adds a subtle touch of shimmer without making my face look like a disco ball. It looks soft and natural on and it doesn't break out my skin at all.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Im not too crazy about packaging and it would be nice if it came with a mirror but other than that, this is my first bronzer and I love it. It has just enough shimmer not too much, lasts all day, evens out my skin, doesn't feel heavy, it gives me that sexy summer glow all year around the price is good since it lasts all day overall I would buy this product again I am in love with it and you guys have to try it

on 3/4/2011 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i purchased this in "starlight" for medium skintones. this is actually quite a sheer bronzer that would be very suitable to just add some slight warmth to pale skintones. this barely shows up on my nc25 asian skin. this will not give you a really bronzed or contoured look. the centre of the pan is the shimmer powder - it is very subdued shimmer because it is so tightly pressed that it is hard for a brush to grab. the bronzer itself is slightly shimmery (hardly detectable on the skin) with strong golden hues. i personally enjoy a bit of a deeper more pigmented bronzer on the face so i probably wouldn't repurchase. i mainly use it to contour my nose because it's sheer and looks more natural. this is a decent quality product, it really depends on how you like to apply your bronzer.

on 10/27/2010 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just got this bronzer and I can't say I like it too much. I think I may have bought a shade too light because it doesn't really show on my skin. I am really pale right now since it's fall, unfortunately, so I thought it would show, but it doesn't! So I'm a little dissapointed.

I like that it is pale and has two tones and some gold shimmer so you can blend accordingly and it doesn't look orange. I don't use bronzer often but this one is good, I don't like to look very dark bronze (it looks fake since I'm pale) but I like a soft sunny glow. The packaging seems to be a little bit flimsy, some of my other Physician's Formula products have broken before. Also I know that its price tag which is in the teens it is cheaper than a product at Sephora would be, but for a drugstore product that is a bit pricey. It looks good though.

on 7/8/2010 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have this in Starlight and this will be my HG bronzer for forever! I have NC30-35 Asian skin and I bought this bronzer about two years ago after reading reviews on here. I have since hit a large amount of pan on it and I will buy this again. It has a soft and silky texture and it's pretty sheer so it's really buildable. The center is a shooting star and it's pretty chalky, but it adds just a tiny bit of shimmer that is barely noticeable. The bronzer itself is semi-matte - it looks pearly in the pan, but on the skin it only has a *slight* glow on it that transfers on my face as mostly matte but healthy looking.

Since this shade is just a little bit darker than my skin, I can use this all over my face for a healthy glow, or I can add more in an E3 shape around my face and it can build up to make me look sunkissed. It lasts all day and it never looks orange or streaky or muddy for me.

I also like the packaging of this better than other PF products since it isn't bulky and doesn't include the useless brush. I don't mind that it doesn't have a mirror since I don't need to touch up with it. I would recommend this to everyone since it comes in three shades!

Popular Bronzers