Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.9

on 7/29/2015 5:42:00 PM

I purchased this second time because last time I purchased years ago, the shade was too dark so this time i purchased in light shade. However, I did not know that this powder was not very compatible with me.

Con: First of all, it kinda cakes up. (I used the enclosed sponge. Maybe using brush might yield a different result?). Scent is very strong rosy granny style. the surface of the powder kinda turns weird(oil seems to harden it)

Pro: This product does not break me out. Last time I purchased in Neutral and was way too dark for me. This time I purchased in Ivorie W and was slightly light for me but was Ok.

I would not repurchase this because this is horrible to use as touch up.
I am interested in Lancome Cushion Foundation at the moment.

on 6/27/2015 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This gives you more coverage than a regular setting powder but I don't like it as a substitute for foundation. It doesn't provide enough coverage for that, and has the expected powdery look. I tried it wet and hated it that way. It was choppy and still not much coverage. It's better to apply it as a powder over a liquid foundation or a BB cream, and then you might as well use a translucent setting powder.

It has a heavy scent that reminds me of Noxema. There used to be a fragrance free version of this but the SA did not believe me, so maybe they stopped making it. I really hate fragrance in my face products, especially because it is likely to cause irritation.

Dual Finish is available in a broad range of colors, so if you do like the finish you are likely to find a good match. I bought Matte Neutrale II and it's a very nice shade.

I rated this 3 out of 5. It is a good powder; it's not terrible and I know it has some die-hard fans, but I really feel that it's inferior to powder foundations from Chantecaille, MAC, Dior, and Urban Decay's new one which all look more polished than this.

The fragrance is a pet peeve.

on 6/7/2015 7:12:00 PM

I have only ever used this powder. I've tried experimenting with a couple cheaper drugstore powders but I've always come back to this one so far.

I used it as both a setting powder and I've also built it up on days where I don't want to wear a lot of makeup.

As a setting powder it leaves a soft, velvet finish that helps to blur my pores and set my makeup. I have combination skin with an oily T-zone and my oil production doesn't cause this powder to clump over time. I get oily within 2 hours, even while in doors, and I have yet to come across a product (including this powder) which has helped keep me T-zone matte for any longer than that. I still like the initial finish of it however.

As a foundation powder, I usually buff two layers of it on for a medium coverage and it does a good job of evening out my skin tone, and reducing the redness around my cheeks and nose. It also helps to slightly blur my super dark circles but I usually need concealer for those anyways.

Overall, I appreciate the versatility of the powder but at ~CDN$51 it is a very pricey powder. I'll probably always have this around the house as my sisters and mom have always relied on it but I'm in the mood right now to shop around for cheaper alternatives that can hopefully keep my T-zone matte for longer.

on 6/1/2015 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've never really tried powder foundations because I thought that it wouldn't cover as well as a liquid foundation. After reading the reviews on here i decided to try it and I must say I am really pleased with it! I just put some concealer on my acne scars and put this powder on top and the finish is beautiful! Gives medium to full coverage and makes my skin look matte and flawless. It's a little expensive at $38.50, but it looks like it will last a long time. Will definitely be repurchasing when I run out!

on 5/28/2015 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I've wanted to try this for years but always chickened out because of the price. I should have tried it sooner, because it works great on my skin. It doesn't get cakey when used to set my liquid foundation, and it doesn't totally dry me out when I wear it on its own. I'm not really a powder-foundation type of gal but this is really, really nice. Guess it's a classic for a reason.

If you don't like fragrance, stay away. This is pretty strongly scented, but it doesn't last. I kind of like the scent, even though I guess I'm supposed to be careful with my sensitive skin...but so far, no issues!

on 5/26/2015 3:15:00 PM

The packaging on this is beautiful! I wish there were more powders at a lower price that looked so nice. The powder does a fairly good job covering and is great to add a little extra coverage over a light foundation or tinted moisturizer - or to touch up during the day. It does feel heavy on your face, though it doesn't look cakey at all. No shine control on this and for me the color didn't look very real outdoors so I won't be repurchasing.

on 4/16/2015 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This was just a so-so powder foundation for me. I didn't like the fragrance, and the colour wasn't a great match either. Didn't like how there is nowhere to store the sponge except on top of the powder. I much preferred MUFE Duo Mat, which was full coverage and better for controlling my oily skin and had a separate compartment for the sponge.

on 4/4/2015 1:34:00 PM

I really do love this powder! It hides pores, evens out skin ton and looks really natural while still providing a medium coverage. I would give this a 5/5 if it didnt have fragrance in it though...while the perfume isnt too bad as it does disappear after a couple mins once makeup is applied, I still find it to be a very unnecessary ingredient and I would just rather not have it in my makeup!

pros
-evens skin tone
-hides pores
-natural finish
-medium coverage
-lasts all day
-doesnt cause dry flakes

cons
-fragrance

I don't think there is a correlation, but I have to say, since I started wearing this, my face acne scars have faded and I can wear less makeup. This is the only thing I've changed in my routine in the last month, so I have to attribute it to this. Weird, I know. On to the actual product, I don't care for this wet- it looks unnatural on me. I either use this as my setting powder or just an all over powder on my lazy days. I have post acne marks and occasional pimples, so if I use concealer then the powder, I'm good to go. At first I hated the smell, but then it really grew on me. Lastly, you get 0.67 ounces for $38! That's a really good deal!

on 3/21/2015 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I legit loved this product. My first time wearing it and it stayed on from 8pm- 2am and as I looked at my face in the mirrior the powder still looked amazing. I have oily skin, and the product stayed on, looked flawless, and I felt like I didn't need to re-touch Very natural look which I feel most comfortable with than a foundation or powder that's too heavy. Overall, I fell in love. Does have a scent to it so if you have an awesome nose and have trouble with strong scents. Then this may be a bother for you. The scent was not as strong for me, but I have allergies so sometimes I'm rarely able to smell anything lol.