August 27, 2014 | 1799 users online

Powder - Lancome - Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by ultrasensitive888

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my holy grail foundation. It is effortless but is effective in providing a medium coverage matt finish. I apply it with the puff that comes with the compact or with the Lancome Mineral Foundation brush to achieve a light application followed by a minimal application of Lancome blush with the Lancome precision blush brush. By mid-day, I blot my T-zone with Shiseido oil blotting paper and I'm ready to go again. I have dry skin and this formulation does not accentuate fine lines or flakes. It does even out the skin tone, eliminate any redness and provide a beautiful skin-like finish and is so easy to take with you anywhere you go. With proper makeup removal at night with Lancome cleansing milk followed with La Roche Posay Dermal cleanser, there is no breakout. Love this product! Thank you Lancome!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 1:36:00 AM More reviews by Mandylee05

Everything Lancôme makes is perfection! I love this powder it sets my make up and gives me a nice matte finish, it's light weight so if you are using it with foundation don't fret you will not look like a cake face. It's magical!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by KLynn88

This is the only powder that doesn't irritate my eczema (which is odd, because it obviously has a Lancôme-ish scent. But even Clinique irritated my skin). Gives an absolute flawless, even finish. Kind of pricy (56$CAN), but as my skin is fussy, I guess I have to do what I have to do. I wear it with Estée Lauder Double Wear and it's just absolutely perfect for keeping my skin matte, but not dry.

I've been in love with Lancôme lately - everything I've tried has really agreed with my skin. So if you have combination skin (oily t-zone, with dry, eczema-prone chin and forehead), Lancôme just may be for you as well. Watch for their free gifts with a 35$ or more purchase - that way you can try 7 or 8 things at once!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by CollinJK

While it is a bit pricey, it's worth the money. Mine lasts me for at least three months and it's totally worth it to have nice matte foundation all day. It can be used by itself but I personally like it on top of a liquid foundation. I have extremely oily skin so I struggle with powders starting to look orangey and cakey after hours of wear, dual finish keeps my skin matte for longer and even when it does get oily (it's inevitable for me), it still looks pretty good, it looks more dewy than anything.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 5:13:00 AM More reviews by okidoki35

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used the color matte wheat, and I usually match as a NC30. My skin is I usually combination, and this powder never made me oily. The powder has a perfume scent, which goes away upon application. It feels light weighted, and can be buildable for more coverage. I have only used it dry, with a fluffy powder brush. For more coverage, I have used it with a denser brush like a kabuki. I have also applied this lightly over tinted moisturizer. it does give me a matte look, but without making it too dry I which it made my skin itch. I work long hours (10+) and it doesn't need much touch up. I can also wear this powder foundation with primer or none. I highly recommended this, as there are so many uses to it. It also give you a lot of product (19 grams).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by barrylin

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this product !!
I have very dry, sensitive skin, but despite that, my skin, in general, is very nice (people are always commenting on how nice my skin is - good genes, I guess). But I do have some areas of redness, especially around my nose. I never wore foundation of any kind until the past few years, and even then wore it very sparingly. Because my skin is dry, I used a liquid foundation, but I never really felt like they were doing anything for me (I tried both Clinique Redness Solutions and Borghese Hydro-Minerali Creme Finish Makeup). Then I saw the add for Lancome Dual Finish makeup, and decided to give it a try (plus, I thought that being able to carry it around with me to reapply as needed was a bonus). Wow !! I am absolutely loving the way it makes my skin look !! It looks completely natural, it does NOT dry out my skin, it LASTS, and completely covers any redness. I am so happy that I decided to try this wonderful product !!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by bellatrixstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Terrific powder for oily skin. I swear by Lancome. It is the same quality as Chanel, but is a little less expensive. I really love this powder because it can be light or medium coverage. It looks natural and feels light weight. It controls oil well. If I use it on bare skin it lasts 5 hours, but with a primer it lasts 6 to 7. I only have to blot a few times with this powder. It is also easy to build on. I put it on in the am and then in the pm I dust more on and it still looks fresh and clean, never cakey or chalky. It's a hefty price tag but it does last a while. I use it over foundation or by itself and it looks great either way. I also use it dry and wet, but know that it looks one shade darker when applied wet. That is something to consider when trying on and purchasing. The smell of the powder is very old fashioned a.k.a. old lady makeup from the 60's. The ingredients and fragrance create a very powdery smell that reminds one of their granny but it fades away in a minute. This is just as good as the dual Chanel powder or the M.U.F. dual powder. It also has a more natural finish.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder looks so nice on. Beautiful finish, doesn't look cakey. Really lovely. Lasts pretty well. My only problem is that the first ingredient is talc and my skin itches all over when I use it. I used it several times to make sure and it definitely was the culprit. I'm never sure how to rate a good product that just doesn't work for me, so I gave it 4. I've gone through a lot of powders trying to find one that works, I'm currently trying Laura Mercier mineral pressed powder. We'll see. My other failures (off the top of my head) include MAC MSFN, MUFE pro finish powder, and Coty airspun,

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2013 6:17:00 AM More reviews by FlawedAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Background: I am NW10 with serious pinky undertones and dry skin. Matte Porcelaine Delicate I is ideal for my skin tone, though Matte Porcelaine I works, this shade would be better suited to N5-10 (no pink or yellow undertones, very pale and neutral). This is actually made to be a powder foundation in consistency and application (it can be used with a wet sponge or dry). However, I use it as more of a power touch-up powder for my purse makeup bag. I don't do day touch-ups with my regular liquid or loose powder foundation (waaay to inconvenient and messy), so I wanted a powder compact that gives me some serious coverage when my foundation inevitably begins to wane. At 36, I have some skin damage, redness and general uneven tone which I like to conceal, but I just can't bring myself to do a full foundation re-do midday! Anyway, this powder offers excellent coverage and is an easy retouch over both liquid and loose powder foundation. The included puff makes for easy application. Even applied heavily it looks soft, matte and natural. It does not look "off" when used over my regular foundations either. The coverage is quite seamless in fact. The variety of shades are excellent (27), and good shade match makes a difference in the natural look of this product. It has no mineral ingredients, so it photographs very well as there are no light reflecting properties. How does it work with dry, mature skin? Surprisingly well! Though the finish isn't moisturizing or that ever elusive "dewy," it doesn't accentuate fine lines, flakes or dullness. Love it very much as a purse makeup go-to, however, sadly I won't be repurchasing. After I've sung this powder's praises you may ask why. Answer: The fragrance! Ack the fragrance! It is really strong. I can deal with a little fragrance. For example, I find the scent in my MUFE Liquid Lift noticeable at first, but totally fine (some people can't stand it). My Guerlain powders, so famously perfumed, don't bother me like the fragranced version of the Dual Finish. Man oh man, this stuff is migraine inducing. I have read a few reviews that actually list the scent as one of this product's attractions. Well, fragrance is a subjective thing. But how to describe? It is heavy in the way that a lot of older "classic" perfumes are. Think scented dusting powders from days of yore. Except it is on your face. Your nose to be specific. For a while, I simply solved the problem by getting the FF version of my powder, but it has become increasingly difficult to find my shade anywhere, even from the Lancome website. So I gave up after a migraine inducing attempt at the scented version. I am currently awaiting my MUFE Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation in 115 Pink Ivory as a replacement. Other issues: The Lancome dual finish packaging is a slim classic black compact that looks nice, but does not accommodate room for a sponge if you choose the wet application method. Other than that, at $38.00 this is an excellent quality and value product (will last easily a year with daily use) if you can find the FF version or happen to like the smell.
Update: Lancome USA has officially confirmed with that the FF version is DCed.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Nameena

This is my favorite powder foundation! I use it all the time : ) Its very silky and gives plenty of coverage, you can get light-full coverage with this depending on the ways you apply it. I personally use a puff for a medium coverage or use it as a setting powder with a powder brush if im wearing a foundation!

I am about nc5 (dead of winter - nc10 (summer) and I was matched with the lightest shade "matte porcelaine I" and its a really good match! It says its a "cool" shade online but Its more neutral in my opinion.

I tend to lean more on the dryer side of combination so this might not work well with oily girls because there is mineral oil in this foundation. But its great if you need a little extra hydration without looking powdery.

Pros:
Many shades (great color match)
LOTS of product (.67oz), great deal for your $$
Great for dry-dry/combination skin
doesnt clog my pores
sleek, beautiful packaging

cons:
May not work well with oily skins
Fragrance might be irritating to some