February 1, 2015 | 1594 users online

Powder - Lancome - Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2015 2:57:00 PM More reviews by shsee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was very excited about this product, but this product broke me out. I have very sensitive acne-prone skin therefore I am very prone to breakout.
Pro: easy to use
- work best as a setting powder than a powder alone

Cons: Fragrance
- after two hours, it create enlarge pores

The performance of this powder was not that impressive. I did not enjoy it as much as i thought I would have.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2015 5:54:00 PM More reviews by getbehindthemule

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ive tried other high end powder like Makeup Forever and Kat von D, but always come back to this one. It doesn't settle into my laugh lines and doesn't make my pores stand out at all. It feels like velvet. If my skin is being difficult i.e. acne, i wear this over a light foundation but when my skin is good this is the only foundation i need. Ive purchased this many many times despite it costing so much. Its so easy to use with such good results that i feel like its very much worth its price. Ive stopped wasting money on other powders because I've finally come to terms that this is really just the best one. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2015 5:44:00 PM More reviews by gypsyqueen1988

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product about a month ago from Sephora in Matte Neutrale II and I really love it. It has a matte finish once the powder has set. It evens out my skin tone and minimizes my pores (which I definitely need because I have oily skin). This powder has great staying power (though I have yet to test it in hot weather). The only downside I have found is that it irritates my skin if i apply it wet for more coverage. Other than that, it is completely worth the money! It makes my skin look damn near perfect! The powder doesn't sit in the fine lines that are starting to form on my face, instead it seems to make them disappear so that is also a great thing! I didn't use to like to leave the house without foundation and concealer on but now I can do it confidently with just a little of this powder :-D. Will definitely be buying again. I think the price is fair because of how a little goes a long way with this product. The outcome is pretty close to flawless.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2015 2:59:00 AM More reviews by mrspenny

Like many others, I've spent thousands on all kinds of makeup products. Interestingly enough, when I first got the dual finish, I didn't think it looked good on me. What I was doing was applying a liquid, crème or mousse type foundation (told you - I've spent a lot of $$ on makeup). I was frustrated because I thought I went a little more upscale and thought still nothing was working!

One day I decided to stop messing around with the foundations and just apply the powder. (Note: the consultants will tell you that it takes a minute for the power to set. They're right.) . What a difference. It covered over a lot of the flaws and gave my skin a much smoother look. The little red areas disappeared.

Because I'm in my 50's I'd decided to explore the skin care moisturizers. I now use a Lancôme (Renergie) moisturizer and Estee Lauder spf 50 sunscreen, the combo of which makes my skin looks even toned, then on top of that the dual finish. Let me tell you - this works. I've been consistently receiving compliments on my skin. Highly recommend.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2014 12:30:00 PM More reviews by silurian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Despite the relatively high purchase price, this is actually a good value foundation as you get a lot of product - 19g - compared to many other higher-end brands that are in the 9-11g range. It feels light and comfortable on my sensitive skin, with no itchiness or irritation. I get best results when applying this straight after moisturiser or primer while my skin is still damp. If I apply with a brush, I get smooth, even, light to medium coverage that wears well over the course of the day. Although this foundation applies matte, in a hot climate it settles to more of a natural, dewy finish which is fine for my relatively dry skin, but may not satisfy someone with a very oily t-zone.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Hoyman

I bought this powder at Macy in shade Matte Wheat ll. This is a powder foundation but I prefer using this as setting powder over my Dior Star foundation. Look amazing together. I prefer medium coverage so I don't used this powder alone. I have normal skin type together with Dior Star this last on me 8 hours of work with one touch up only. Very happy with it. The reason that I give this 4 stars because, I wish that it have separated compartment for sponge.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by irongirl9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Terrible. I couldn't get past the nauseating old-lady perfume smell - super overpowering. The powder also gets caky very easily and although I tried it with numerous foundations, it never gave me a finish I was satisfied with. Going back to Studio Fix. Sorry, Lancome.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by pattida1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Awesome! PS.....please email or FB me re: how do I post a pic? When I log in I immediately go to product review and no other options. Thanks! Patti Donnelly-Arnold or kingstonmom1960@gmail

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I really enjoyed using this product because of its multifunctioning qualities. I don't think I've ever used a Lancôme product I did not like! I primarily used this as a foundation by wetting my foundation brush and dipping it into the product. I generally don't think to use powder(ish?) foundations because I often make the assumption they won't provide the same amount of coverage as a liquid foundation. This is a great place to start experimenting since it can go on damp/wet. It can also be used as a pressed powder for touch ups throughout the day. Typically I use Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder and Pixi Flawless Finishing Powder to mattify, so far I've been using this product strictly as a foundation. I really love how this is buildable and easy to blend. There are 25 shades to choose from, so finding a match isn't a problem. Definitely check this out if you're interested in multipurpose product or are a fan of Lancôme in general!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Debmurphy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this makeup product for years when I was younger and had fallen away from it for the past 10 years. Now that I am older, and need to touch up my makeup in the afternoon, I picked up a new one and I believe it is better than ever! No caking, no gathering in the creases, and a lovely finish. Definitely a repurchase!