December 20, 2014 | 1764 users online

Pressed Powders - E.L.F. - Studio Translucent Mattifying Powder-- ALL SHADES

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by scarecrow09

I expected to really like this, given the reputation of E.L.F. products, but... no. It's cheap, but I don't really like paying ANY money for something unusable. Calling this 'translucent' is a joke. I'm quite pale, so colors are VERY visible against my skin, and this stuff is straight-up orange. Ruined the color-match of the foundation I was wearing. Tried it once and threw it in the reject pile.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by ferosferio

For a cheap drugstore product, this powder have a very low rating on ewg and I really appreciate that. I only get oily around my nose and this really help keep it matt. It's not a true transparent powder because I still see a little light cast of the powder but you can barely notice it (unless you reslly stare at it. Overall, I really like this powder. I would recommend it for those who is not too oily.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I needed something to set my foundation and for touch ups. This powder wasnít all that great. It could be because I have very oily skin. The packaging is nice and the price is awesome. I didnít see any color on the powder so I suppose it really is translucent. I wouldnít repurchase this because Iíd rather pay a little more for something that will last longer. If you donít have oily skin go for it but if you have oily skin like myself you might want to think twice before purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by WaywardDaughter

I initially bought this product in the hopes that it would replace my poorly packaged loose powder, but the fact is it just doesn't do the job as well. HOWEVER: The reason I give this 4 stars instead of 3 is that it is perfect for on-the-go oil control. My suggestion is to use a highly rated loose setting powder in the morning and then take this product with you to use as needed. Excellent price, perfect packaging, poor lasting power.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by jennihop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. It really keeps my very oily skin matte. Great packaging. It looks more like high end than cheap makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by dqzhuzi

Personally I don't like it that much because its quality of powder...I applied it as setting powder with a powder brush and the powder itself started looking a bit...not very nice anyway. I have combination skin and live in a not that warm country so this powder has a ok level of oil control, and it's not translucent. It has a color which doesn't fit my yellow tone skin. Since I'm Asian so after applying it, my face has a little extra grey. So I won't buy this one again and I already threw it away since I have other drugstore products which works much better on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 1:17:00 AM More reviews by abb1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my absolute HG setting powder! For the price ($3), there is absolutely nothing better. Now granted, I've only ever tried one other setting powder so I can't compare it to many other powders, but I have no need to. This will forever be my go to setting powder! It keeps my makeup looking smooth and matte all day. One application will keep my foundation looking smooth for 4-6 hours. LOVE THIS!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2014 4:43:00 AM More reviews by alh011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Another great ELF product! Bought this on iherb for a few dollars. It's not quite what I'd describe as translucent, but I'm fair so it applies well. I've bought other ELF powders and I find even the lightest colours are darker than usual.

This applies well, but ditch the applicator and use an ELF powder brush! The packaging is a little cheap, however it is a cheap item so I can't complain. It folds up to be quite compact and fits in handbag/pocket nicely.

keeps my face looking matte without being powdery for many hours. Would definitely re-purchase. In fact I think I'll order myself a spare!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by diosmar82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This is a great little powder. for 3 dollars it's super cheap and works well to keep the oilies away.

The sponge that comes with it gets dirty quick and becomes puffier preventing the compact to close properly, so I just use a brush to apply and discard the sponge.

I love the big mirror!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Lizpaola25

This is ok. Not good or bad. I will most likely not buy again because it made me break out a few times. Other then that, it's a good setting powder.