July 28, 2014 | 2235 users online

Pressed Powders - E.L.F. - Studio Translucent Mattifying Powder

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by jennihop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. It really keeps my very oily skin matte. Great packaging. It looks more like high end than cheap makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by dqzhuzi

Personally I don't like it that much because its quality of powder...I applied it as setting powder with a powder brush and the powder itself started looking a bit...not very nice anyway. I have combination skin and live in a not that warm country so this powder has a ok level of oil control, and it's not translucent. It has a color which doesn't fit my yellow tone skin. Since I'm Asian so after applying it, my face has a little extra grey. So I won't buy this one again and I already threw it away since I have other drugstore products which works much better on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 1:17:00 AM More reviews by abb1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my absolute HG setting powder! For the price ($3), there is absolutely nothing better. Now granted, I've only ever tried one other setting powder so I can't compare it to many other powders, but I have no need to. This will forever be my go to setting powder! It keeps my makeup looking smooth and matte all day. One application will keep my foundation looking smooth for 4-6 hours. LOVE THIS!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 4:43:00 AM More reviews by alh011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Another great ELF product! Bought this on iherb for a few dollars. It's not quite what I'd describe as translucent, but I'm fair so it applies well. I've bought other ELF powders and I find even the lightest colours are darker than usual.

This applies well, but ditch the applicator and use an ELF powder brush! The packaging is a little cheap, however it is a cheap item so I can't complain. It folds up to be quite compact and fits in handbag/pocket nicely.

keeps my face looking matte without being powdery for many hours. Would definitely re-purchase. In fact I think I'll order myself a spare!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by diosmar82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This is a great little powder. for 3 dollars it's super cheap and works well to keep the oilies away.

The sponge that comes with it gets dirty quick and becomes puffier preventing the compact to close properly, so I just use a brush to apply and discard the sponge.

I love the big mirror!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Lizpaola25

This is ok. Not good or bad. I will most likely not buy again because it made me break out a few times. Other then that, it's a good setting powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by aknakano

Whether you use this to touch up your makeup mid-day or use it in the morning as part of your routine, I feel that the application has a lot to do with the results you get with this product.

I'm not a huge fan of sponge applicators for any face product, and I already knew this when I got this product. I tried using the sponge applicator that came with this powder just to see. I wasn't a fan of how much product it picked up, and how easily it could smear the makeup that was already on my face. I found that if I picked up too much with the sponge, I would either look like a vampiric cake (I'm not terribly interested in channeling the Edward look), or it would rub off the makeup that was already on my skin. I especially do not recommend using the sponge applicator if you have uneven skin and/or fine hairs, as the powder will get stuck.

Then I tried again with the powder brush from ELF Studio line. Now, this is how I apply the powder. Although the brush seems like it is much bigger and fluffier than the sponge (and so precision could be lacking), I have much better control with the brush in both picking up an appropriate amount of product, and applying it smoothly and evenly.

I have combo oil/normal skin, with particular problems in my T-zone. I live in a coastal city, so the coastal breezes, mist, and occasional hot days can bring out the oil slick. I thought the product itself did its job fairly well, once applied with a brush. Though I can see that having a sponge applicator could make this product a potentially great to-go touchup product, I would much prefer that the more product was included in lieu of the sponge.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by argutara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have oily skin. I was using Laura Gellar Matte Maker ($24 at Ulta) and found this one at a drugstore. Decided to try it for $3. WELL WORTH THE PRICE. I won't pay $24 again, that's for sure! However I use a soft brush instead of the sponge.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by ajb426

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I like this powder. It's only $3. It mattifies my skin well and it lasts for a long time. However, it can be a little cakey, and the package gets messy inside (although the packaging itself is good quality) but I guess that's just what powders do - get messy. I usually apply this with the little sponge that's included; I know I shouldn't, but I don't own a good powder brush right now and the sponge is fine. Press, don't swipe, with it though, because swiping will take off your foundation.
I recommend -- especially because this is paraben-free. Some of the other top drugstore powders (I can't afford high-end nor do I really want to pay that much) contain parabens and I try to stay away from those ingredients if I possibly can.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2013 2:31:00 AM More reviews by Caleeesi

Regardless of how light handed I was and which brush I used while applying this powder, it made my skin look incredibly cakey and just terrible. The only good thing about this stuff is the packaging. I've purchased E.L.F products in the past but this was a total waste of $3