E.L.F. Studio Translucent Mattifying Powder-- ALL SHADES

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Mica, Talc, Zinc Stearate, Titanium Dioxide, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Nylon-12, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, MAY CONTAIN Iron Oxides (CI 77491 CI 77492)

on 6/25/2015 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This powder is great for blotting on oily areas. I'm very fair, and the powder looks scarily dark on the sponge, but if I just dab it on with the sponge it doesn't make my skin look orange. I got it on sale 40% off, so it was an amazing value. The packaging feels sturdy and it comes with a nice mirror.

on 4/7/2015 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i bought this accidentally online because i think it's good.
It's just a drugstore ordinary pressed powder, nothing special about it. My skin is pale, and this pressed powder do nothing with it.
It's just didn't blend as good as other drugstore's pressed powder, and i hate the super tiny-mini powder spons, it's hard to put the powder on my face, and the packaging can be categorized "mini & thin size"

This powder just do nothing to your complexion.

on 2/10/2015 5:30:00 PM

I looooove this powder!! I have very oily skin and this powder does the job! I mean, its not a Blot Powder (M.A.C) but its a very good and cheap option. Would definitely buy again :)

on 2/6/2015 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Overall good product from elf. I keep this in work for touch ups a few times a day. Doesnt make you cakey if you just pat it on shiny areas. Good packaging considering the price. Its something worth having on hand.

on 2/6/2015 3:02:00 PM

I got this product for free when E.L.F. Accidentally mailed me someone else's order. I tried the powder which coincidentally is the first powder I ever tried. I first tried using it with a brush but wayyyy too much product was left even after tapping the brush and I tried over a few days with a lighter hand but always the powder was visible and looked cakey. If you use the sponge applicator it is wayyy better and applies well and for me does the job and keeps the oil away all day. Unfortunately it makes my face paler so I stopped using it all over my face and only in the areas that get oily which happens to be areas you would normally highlight. So in a weird way this product helps me highlights my face in all the right places and keep the oil away. I would not recommend this product to someone with oily skin but this is just right for my combo skin. It will cling to dry patches though so moisturizer well. I won't repurchase again but hey it was free. This product does make me think I need powder in my makeup routine now but once the three that were mailed to me are gone I'll try a different brand. Although that may be a long while from now because I've been using it for about a week and it seems like it'll last me a year for one compact! A little goes a long way and it helps blur imperfections a bit.

on 1/26/2015 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Not great but not that bad.
It did mattify as any powder will but it did not control oil.
It also is not very translucent. it will leave a light cast on the skin that does not look natural.
I think it would be best for light skin tones.

on 1/19/2015 5:07:00 PM

I bought this to carry in my bag as a blotter. It's a great size and I like the packaging, but it's not translucent. I'm very pale and it has an orangey cast to it. I also find it applies a bit patchily. Disappointing.

on 1/12/2015 4:09:00 AM

This works well to blot oil, is small enough to fit in small bags, and has a mirror. I bought the yellow toned product and it's not obviously yellow, seems translucent to me.

on 12/6/2014 10:41:00 PM

I expected to really like this, given the reputation of E.L.F. products, but... no. It's cheap, but I don't really like paying ANY money for something unusable. Calling this 'translucent' is a joke. I'm quite pale, so colors are VERY visible against my skin, and this stuff is straight-up orange. Ruined the color-match of the foundation I was wearing. Tried it once and threw it in the reject pile.

on 12/3/2014 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

For a cheap drugstore product, this powder have a very low rating on ewg and I really appreciate that. I only get oily around my nose and this really help keep it matt. It's not a true transparent powder because I still see a little light cast of the powder but you can barely notice it (unless you reslly stare at it. Overall, I really like this powder. I would recommend it for those who is not too oily.