Barry M Liquid Eyeliner

4.2

on 8/6/2015 7:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

A good basic eyeliner. It's not as black as I'd like it to be but honestly I don't think anyone can tell the difference. It's relatively long lasting but it won't hold up in heavy rain etc. And by the end of the night it is a little smudged. But you can't beat the price!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

good basic eyeliner. I have the black. it can go on streaky, and can smudge very slightly but not as much as other eyeliners in this price range. lasts all day, applies easily - doesn't take too much effort to get my eyes to match. good for chunky cat eyes, no good for smaller ones. a great true black. over all a good product.

on 1/7/2015 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I have this in black and think it's a really great eyeliner! I'm just about to stock up on a bunch more on asos because it seems to be the only place I can get them delivered to Australia, and I'm scared they'll sell out. (That great!)

I thought that maybe the felt tip would disintegrate like other felt tip liners do, but so far so good! (I'll update this if it does start to do that.)

The staying power is pretty great. I don't have oily eyelids so this stays on pretty much all day, unless I'm rubbing my eyes or something.

The pigmentation is also impressive - just make sure you shake it before applying! I wasn't doing that for a while and thought the colour was disappointing, but then I realised it has one of those little shaker ball things inside. Shook it, and the pigmentation was great.

The only problem is that it does sting upon application. But for the price and how good this is, I'm okay with that.

on 12/25/2014 3:05:00 PM

I normally find liquid eyeliners tricky to work with, I can never get that perfect straight line. This is probably the best one I've tried, as even if I get any kinks in my line, I find them easy to correct. I think this liner is a great value for money and definitely worth a try.

on 11/25/2013 3:51:00 PM

My favourite liquid eyeliner - feels lovely on lids and very good value for money. I've been using this for years! It doesn't give you that stretched/pinched feeling on your eyelids that some brands have. I've tried the black, purple and gold. The black is very deep and rich, true to the colour of the packaging. The purple and gold colours didn't show up much on my lids, but I have quite thin veiny eyelids so that might be why. I would definitely recommend the black colour.

on 5/27/2013 7:46:00 AM

The best liquid liner I've found! It goes on nicely- pretty matte black- although the brush is completely rigid so you have to be careful with it. It stays quite well- for at least a few hours, even under false lashes- but it tends to bleed on my oily skin. If I'm warm or my eyelids have gone a bit oily, this eyeliner is hellish to fix. It goes all over the crease of my eyes and just looks horrible, even with an eye primer. However, it's still the best I've tried and if I keep an eye on it it works a treat. The packaging is lovely too and the lettering doesn't rub off and look all gross after being in a makeup bag for a while like other products. It also lasts a good amount of time, even with everyday wear. I would second the reviewer who said it can burn though- don't apply this to cracked or irritated lids as it can sting. Then again, that would apply to any liquid liner. Overall, I would definitely recommend!

on 4/10/2013 4:21:00 PM

I got the silver one for christmas and then later decided to buy the black one as i really liked the texture and application but just...not in silver. it is very easy to use as the tip is a stiff short brush so application is very controlled. the colour is quite solid and goes on evenly. it dries very very quickly so is suitable for when you're in a hurry.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had a gift voucher, so I decided to try these out in Electric Blue and Black. They apply really nicely, I love the applicator style because it's super easy to use for those who aren't that experienced with liquid eyeliner and the pigmentation of both the colours was great- both were matte colours, not shiny, which I liked.
However, the eyeliners definitely had some pretty serious problems. First of all, as soon as I applied it, it started burning til it had dried. This was really uncomfortable and made me worry about what it was doing to my skin. Secondly, it had no staying power. I'm not sure how the other reviewers found it long-lasting because if you even touched it gently it would smudge. When it dried, it kind of turned to powder that would go everywhere at the slightest touch.

Overall, I really loved how they looked when applied but the staying power was terrible and I was always worrying my eyes looked like a mess, so I wouldn't re-buy it.

on 7/9/2012 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

use this everyday and i love it! does sometimes smudge if i'm rushing around on a hot day, but much less than some other liquid eyeliners i've tried (:

on 4/7/2012 8:47:00 PM

I LOVE Barry M's Liquid eyeliner. I use it in Black almost every day. I love the felt-tip style applicator as I find them much easier to use that brush style applicators.
The colour doesn't appear shiny, which I prefer over eyeliners that have a 'wet look', and I find it is easily blendable should I want to create a smokier look. With two layers this is blackest black. It stays put and doesn't migrate, I put it on in the morning and twelve hours later it will still be exactly where I put it. Definitely one of my HG eyeliners. At just over 4 it's amazing quality and great value!

Top Rated Barry M Products