August 1, 2014 | 1896 users online

Accessories - Mona Lisa Pink Soap

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Eeeeelicia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Maybe I just got a bad batch, but I honestly just cannot see what all the fuss is about! I bought an 8oz bottle of this stuff at Michael's using a 40% off coupon, so I paid about $6. But I'm planning on returning because my makeup brushes just weren't getting clean no matter how much soap I used. I was literally almost soaking each brush in it and yet still...it was like nothing was being done. So frustrating and such a waste of product. The only good thing about it is that the fragrance is pleasant. But yeah, I plan on immediately returning back to good old dishwashing soap, because that stuff actually works!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by prttybrwneyez13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to agree wholeheartedly with the previous reviewer CrimsonCountess. I'd been looking for a good brush cleaner and saw great reviews on this and decided to pick it up at my local Hobby Lobby, but I actually didn't use it until last night. At first, I was a little put off at how runny it was, but was amazed at how with just one use of the Pink Soap and running the brushes under water, how clean they became. With other shampoos or brush sprays, I'd have to try several times to clean them before the water would run clear. The biggest shock came when I reached for brushes to clean that I knew for a FACT that I hadn't used since my last brush cleaning, and saw that they were still dirty! The Pink Soap completely got out all the makeup from before. This is an excellent product that you must give a try, hands down.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by CrimsonCountess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

....and I thought my makeup brushes were clean. Unbelievable, I purchased the 4oz size from Michael's with a 40% off coupon. I figured if it didn't work then no biggie, but let me tell you - this brush cleaner/conditioner is A - MA - ZING!!! I took brushes that I just "cleaned" and used the Pink Soap, added water in a small bowl, swished them around and the water went from clear soapy to completely opaque and the color of my foundation. The water was dirty and this was from my clean brushes??!!!! I had no idea. Ladies, if you think you are getting your brushes clean, think again. I have used baby shampoo, mac brush cleaner, sephora brush cleaner, homemade brush cleaning solution, various facial cleansers, 100% alcohol, alcohol mixtures, high end, low end - you name it. For the price, (especially with a coupon) and the peace of mind knowing my brushes are actually getting clean - I am a fan for life.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Sayers

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As an artist this soap is one of the best for cleaning paint brushes as well as makeup brushes however I've also found in using this that my hands and especially my nails have improved. Pink Soap has a moisturizer in it intended to keep paint brushes from drying out but I swear it does the same for skin/nails. I use to suffer from split nails and dry cuticles but my nails look fantastic and I owe it all to Pink Soap.There is a definite scent of almonds in this so I'm guessing it's almond oil. HG!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2011 3:59:00 AM More reviews by MYCATSHADOW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I discovered this shampoo by browsing You Tube brush cleaning suggestions & tutorials because the MAC brush cleanser was just becoming too expensive for me. I stopped using the MAC cleanser & went back to baby shampoo, but I just wasn't happy with it. Baby shampoo takes longer to remove makeup from brushes than actual brush cleanser. So I started browsing You Tube for cheap & efficient makeup brush shampoos. That's when I came by a review for the Mona Lisa Pink Soap. The reviews were all EXCELLENT! I just had to go ahead & try it for myself. I ordered two 8oz bottles from amazon.com. Let me tell you... This soap is absolutely AMAZING for makeup brushes!!! A little bit goes a long way. It's highly concentreated, reasonably priced, it's a pretty pink color, it leaves your brushes immaculately clean & in tip-top shape, & it also leaves them smelling clean & fresh with a wonderful & light scent. If anyone has those "smelly" animal hair brushes, then this Pink Soap with completely take care of that problem! A 5 star product!! I highly recomend this soap if you want to give your brushes the very best care.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2009 8:45:00 PM More reviews by JRoxy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was looking for an inexpensive brush cleaner when I came across some tips by a brush company. They suggested that Mona Lisa Pink Soap is a good soap to clean makeup brushes with.

Previously I was using Baby Shampoo, but have found that my brushes were not as clean as I liked, and also noticed that they were a little dried-out, so I decided to try this. I was able to find this at Michaels Craft Store for around $9, before coupon. I just added a few drops of soap into a bowl with a little bit of water, swirled my brushes around and rinsed them out. They came out clean, my 187 was white again, and my synthetic foundation brush was white too! It rinsed out clean and quickly, and brushes seemed to dry a little faster than usual. When dry, the brushes seemed to be in good shape. I will definately repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 12:04:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

Since there is no previous review for this, I'm gonna let you folks out there in on a great secret! Mona Lisa Pink Soap is an AMAZING makeup brush cleanser! Honestly... it's the best! I know some of you already know this and have been keeping the secret to yourself, but now the cat's outta the bag! I want everyone to know because anyone with dirty makeup brushes NEEDS this product! I buy mine at Michael's Arts & Crafts, 4 oz. for under $5, and it lasts for months. I originally bought a 1 oz. bottle for under a dollar just to give it a try, and that small amount cleaned lots of brushes for many months now. (There is still some soap left in the bottle.) Now, don't get turned off thinking, "Eeeewwww... soap? Soap makes too many suds and it's hard to rinse." NO! Not at all! Not with this stuff! This is no ordinary soap! This is mild and thick and it doesn't lather like shampoos and other detergents that I previously used to clean my brushes. This is a pink liquid that literally melts the makeup off your brushes and makes them look brand new! I started using this because I had a hard time getting gel liners and MAC Liquidlast liner off of my liner brushes. It would take forever for me to work brush cleaner and baby shampoo into the fine bristles, and then I felt like I was damaging the brush from rubbing so hard. But Pink Soap has changed my life! I just squeeze a small, pearl-sized amount on the tips of my brushes... gently massage the lotion-like soap into the brush between my fingers... and watch all of the hardened material soften and wash away! Rinses easily, too! And if you don't rinse all the soap? No problem! The bottle recommends using a small amount to condition and preserve your brush bristles, so it's no big deal if you don't rinse it squeaky clean. I have been using this product for months now, and it has replaced the more pricier brush cleaners I was using from MAC & Sephora. I also used to use baby shampoo, but it was too gentle to clean effectively, would lather too much (making rinsing a chore), and it sometimes left my brush bristles too dried-out and they would splay. Pink Soap is MUCH cheaper than a bottle of MAC & Sephora brush cleansers, works better, and lasts longer, too! I have white bristle brushes (ie. MAC 239, 217, Smashbox flat eyeliner, skunk brushes, etc.) that I couldn't get some of the pigments out of no matter how much I cleaned with shampoo and brand-name makeup brush cleansers. Since I started using the Pink Soap, all of my white brushes are just that- WHITE! Clean & soft and in perfect shape! No splayed bristles, no gray or pinkish hues left on them anymore... they look just like new!

I HIGHLY recommend everyone give this brush cleaner a try! Don't be turned off because it comes from a craft store, is cheap, and was originally intended for paint brushes. I have very sensitive skin-- (VERY, trust me)-- and using the Pink Soap on my brushes has caused no allergies, sensitivities, or irritations to my skin. What I HAVE gotten from this Mona Lisa Pink Soap is cleaner brushes, more money in my wallet, and more time- since I don't have to stand over my sink scrubbing and rinsing my brushes for so long anymore. Everything about this product is a winner to me! ♥ continued >>

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No