April 19, 2014 | 1042 users online

Concealers - Elizabeth Arden - Flawless Finish Maximum Coverage Concealer

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 4:07:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased the shade 01 Fair and surprisingly this concealer is too dark for my complexion, for reference I'm a MAC NC15 or Matchmaster shade 1. The formula is creamy, yellow toned, and sets to a matte powdery finish. Definitely not what I would consider full coverage, but more medium and this does tend settle into fine lines. Decent product that I can't use, but will gift it to a friend with a darker complexion to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2009 2:53:00 PM More reviews by gracilejenn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this concealer! It's the only thing I've found to cover up my undereye circles. My only problem with it is that later in the day it settles into fine lines, but it's easy to fix. I definitely recommend this concealer and would repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2008 10:24:00 PM More reviews by roroluca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Though I'm not too happy that there are only 4 shades of this and I'm a combination of Light & Medium, I was amazed that this did not cake under my eyes at all! I've tried Neutrogena 3-in-1 concealer and NARS concealer and while the latter certainly was full coverage, no matter how little I used under my eyes, it ALWAYS caked and looked incredibly fake. I was so disappointed and disheartened I would never find an HG concealer, but this one comes pretty darn close. I would've given it 5 stars if it was a little cheaper, it is pricey at $20. Also, I find that the concealer package I bought is a little "stiff" and not that easy to open but I LOVE the creamy formula and its almost opaque coverage.

EDIT: Reduced from 4->2 stars. I don't know why but no matter how much creamy eye cream I use, this dries up and emphasizes the fine lines. I guess even though the rest of my face is ridiculously oily, my extremely dry under eyes need liquid concealer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2008 5:18:00 PM More reviews by illeyad

I am so impressed with the concealing power in this product! I have been using this product for a month now and my skin has never appeared better (well…until I take my make up off).

I have sensitive acne prone skin, and thus far this product has not caused any irritation. When I first tried it, I was disappointed because it looked a little blotchy against my skin. It certainly covered my troubled spots, however it made them seem more obvious because it also erased my pores leaving a funny discoloured effect. It was than I realised that this product can not be worn on its own. This is meant to be worn under a foundation. To create a ‘flawless finish’ I apply a small dab of this over any areas on my skin that I want concealed. Than I use my concealer brush and apply loose powder over the concealer. Finally I take my regular face brush and apply my facial powder over my face. If I have learned anything, a 10 minute morning face does not exist for those who have acne or flaws in their skin they want to conceal, it takes work and effort. I am still in awe when I finish my makeup and look at a much better and fresher face. This stuff really does the trick!

I would like to note now that this product is a little expensive at $23- which would not be so bad, if not for the .05oz/1.5g of product you get in return for the price. It loses a lipstick because the product does not last long, I already had hit pan after only two weeks of use.

UPDATE: As much as I like this product, I will not likely repurchase because I feel there are simillar concealers out there for the same price but twice as much product because this one does not last in the container. I do not want to repurchase every 6 weeks.