Max Factor False Lash Effect

4.1

Aqua, Acrylates Copolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Cera Carnauba, Triethanolamine, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Synthetic Wax, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Simethicone, Potassium Sorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate, EDTA, [ /- CI 77007, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499]

on 5/20/2015 7:03:00 AM

the pros is that it does make your eyelashes look some what okay, i like the more thick look so i do have to take time and add more coats
the cons are its really messy and wet, whenever i apply it i have to apply it first before eyeshadow and eyeliner which i dont really like because it goes all over my eyelid, its also impossible to remove! even with alot of makeup removers and warm water, i dont really like it and it is way to expensive and its not even that good, kind of wish i didnt buy it
sorry not sorry

on 4/14/2015 10:26:00 AM

Pros +

Looks natural
Doesn't clump
Doesn't smear off
Separates lashes well

Cons -

A bit hard to remove, even with Simple makeup-wipes + warm water

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This right here is my HG mascara.
Over the years I've purchased new ones claiming that they'll end my eyelash woes but I've always returned to Max Factors false lash effect mascara.
It plumps lashes, lengthens and extends them beautifully

I buy the original, non waterproof version which I find works the best for me. I've tried some of their other versions like the Fusion, 24hr and waterproof one but I'm always comparing them to the original and they're just never as good. Why fix what isn't broken.
I find the waterproof version clumps quite a lot and dries out so quickly.
Instead I use this along with Clarins mascara fix which not only waterproofs my lashes but conditions them as well.

The brush is nice and thick so it picks up quite a bit of product which can result in a bit of smudging and transferring later in the day if like me you have quite an oily eye area, so it's always good to wipe off any excess product when applying. But saying that, If you use it in conjunction with the Lash fix then this won't be an issue...at all.

In my opinion it's one of the best mascara on the market and I've tried and tested A LOT!

on 3/23/2015 12:09:00 AM

This has to be my favourite affordable mascara. Lengthens and adds heaps of volume but still looks super natural unless you want that dramatic look then you just have to add a few more coats. It doesn't clump and lasts all day long on me. Isn't difficult to get it off either. Will keep coming back to this!

on 3/22/2015 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love this mascara. The brush separates my lashes well and the mascara volumises and lengthens my lashes instantly. I think I need to try the waterproof version of this as my eyes water in the winter and the mascara runs. Other than that, love it!

on 2/17/2015 10:16:00 PM

I've been using it for years. Best mascara ever. It definitely has a false lash effect.

on 2/13/2015 9:42:00 AM

This is literally a must have, I first bought this mascara five wars ago and haven't used any other since, it's amazing, I'd be lost without it, it really does what it says 'false lash effect' people are forever asking me if I've got flash eyelashes on haha, great for everyday and use with Vaseline on nights out instead of having to use false lashes :)

on 1/14/2015 9:29:00 PM

I bought this mascara for the brush and I loved it! My lashes were so long and had great volume. I received lot of compliments about how good my eyes looks. I used it maybe about yea, because in drugstore I didn't find better.
BUT: I found that after some time my eyes became irritated and more sensitive. You know, redness and tears at the end of day. I tried use this mascara couple months ago, but I must throw it away.
So I do not recommend this product for sensitive eyes, although I really wish I could use it.

on 12/11/2014 10:55:00 PM

This mascara is the ill-est. I literally don't remember a time when I haven't used it. I have long eyelashes but there aren't a lot of them. FLE lifts, separates, defines and provides volume to my lashes. It doesn't flake off or run at the slightest hint of moisture or make those annoying black smudge marks on my eyelids/brow bones. Super expensive in Aus - RRP $24.95 I think, but you can find it for half price a lot of the time. It's pretty similar to Covergirl Lash Blast in my experience, which is cheaper and tends to be more readily available. However, when push comes to shove, I think I prefer False Lash Effect.

on 12/8/2014 2:17:00 AM

This is a great mascara for separating and lengthening lashes. I generally prefer more volume but if that's the case I apply two coats of this and then apply a coat of a volumizing mascara and that is perfect for me.

Popular Mascaras