September 22, 2014 | 1927 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Bath and Body Works - True Blue Spa Shea Cashmere Hand Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Cinnamon1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smells exactly like Chanel Beige.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2014 2:14:00 PM More reviews by spontmercy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I need a hand cream in the winter months when the skin on my knuckles gets really dry, to the point of cracking and flaking a little. If you're dealing with that kind of dryness, this isn't the cream for you. It'll suffice if you're just looking for a little pick-me-up for your hands, as it's more of a daily luxury than a treatment (try True Blue Spa's Super Rich Hand Cream for that). Your hands will be left silky smooth (if not entirely moisturized, as others have mentioned) and with a very faint shimmer.

I can see where the sweet vanilla frosting fragrance could be a deal-breaker for some, so I'd recommend trying it in the store before you buy. At any rate, the scent fades fairly quickly.

Over the holidays in 2013 they were selling this in a larger sized bottle with a pump, but that appears to be off the market now. I keep mine by the sink and use a little after I wash my hands. I don't think I'll be buying it again, though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

Good stuff! Super moisturizing and smells great.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Marlenejane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

You ever just use a product up once, but never repurchase it again and just reminisce about how much you loved it. This is that product. I don't know why but I used up one of these probably a year or two ago and I haven't bought one since. It's pretty fabulous! They always have those buy one get two deals at bath and body works so the price isn't so bad. It smells so good and makes your hands feel silky smooth! The only downside is that the lid is a twist on...like what. I just slathered very smooth slipperly lotion on my hands and you want me to try and twist a lid closed? JUST GIVE ME A FLIPPY CAP AND I'LL BE HAPPY

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

I grab this stuff up when I can find it on sale. It's great! It keeps my cuticles in check between removals, and my hands are soooo silky smooth after using it. And the scent? WONDERFUL!! Smells like vanilla buttercream frosting! I LOVE it! It's pricey, but if you can find it on sale, snatch it up!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by hellothere2013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Imagine putting buttercream frosting on your hands and being left with soft (and non sticky) hands. That is what this is.

Cons:
smell- Like others say, the sweet smell can be too much. So take a whiff of it and realize you will be strongly smelling like that for an hour or so.
Price- $10? Please.

Pros: I'm in love with how well it absorbs into my hands, how silky it goes on and how nice my hands look after.
No grease no oil, nothing. Just nice soft hands.
I'm addicted to using it on my hands and I tell you, I hate using moisturizers in general bc it can be greasy or just sit on top of skin.

Good for: people who want a fast absorbing moisturizer that leaves skin soft and silky.
Not for : people who can't take the smell for long periods of time(~1hr or so)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

I received a tube of this because a coworker purchased it and the scent of it gave her a migraine every time she tried to use it. I will agree this hand cream is strongly scented but it doesn't give me a headache, thankfully. Every time I use this hand creme at work, someone in the office makes a comment about the smell. It smells good but it's just too strongly scented. I love the silky feeling of this cream as it penetrates into the dry skin on my hands. It leaves my hands feeling soft and smooth but not greasy. The tube that I was gifted is about gone--I've squeezed the heck out of it. I'll even cut it open soon so that I get every little bit of this luscious cream out of the tube--it's that good. However, $10 is a bit too pricey for a 2.5 fl. oz. tube of hand cream. I doubt that I will be buying this in the future but I'd use it if someone gave it to me. Botton line: Nice scent but strong, provides good moisturization without feeling greasy and long lasting smoothing characteristics but it's too expensive for my budget.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by BrittCastsFireballs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I loathe fake sweet smells (vanilla, cupcake, sugar cookie, birthday cake). I prefer natural, earthy scents like patchouli, clove, sandlewood, and sage. However, I actually like this hand cream. It really smells like those sugar cookie candles (gag), but it tends not to completely overpower me when I apply it. I much prefer the sister cream "Shea Cashmere & Silk" because the fragrance isn't so nauseating.
This line has very little long term moisturizing effects that I can see, and I've been using this for years. I use it because I like the smooth, silky feeling I get within moments of rubbing it in. It absorbs very quickly with no residual.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2012 10:00:00 AM More reviews by LenaOfDC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this yesterday and will be exchanging it today.

It smelled ok in the store but now it's very overpowering. And someone else said it before but I'll reiterate - it softens your hands but it doesn't moisturize. My cuticles are flaking within seconds of rubbing it in and my hands still feel dry. It's like you're just coating them with a dry, velvety texture. This also leaves a light shimmer on your hands and nails which I don't like at all.

I had great results with L'occtiane hand cream but didn't care for the smell or price but it's the only thing I can find that actually keeps my cuticles and hands moisturized. Guess I'll go back to that.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Brunette4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The only hand cream I use. Absorbs very quickly, and is not greasy at all. Watch out for deals, and you can get 2 if not 3 for the price of 1...... And then you get backups :) Oh and smell......amazing!