September 22, 2014 | 1919 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Olay - Mascara + Make Up Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by tbirdveid

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product, it is one of the only makeup removers that is not greasy or oily and still takes off my mascara. I have a very hard time getting mascara off, it seems to constantly stay on my lashes and ends up under my eye for days on end. I only use it for taking off mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2013 2:12:00 AM More reviews by yoshiii

Not surprised at the low reviews. This one could not remove my eye makeup at all.

If you want to try a lotion eyemakeup remover, the Body Shop's Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover worked wayyyy better than this product. That one only has a slightly higher rating on MUA. However, I have been using it for the last few years, and I do think it works well and is worth a try.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Meh. Middle of the road. I needed to follow up with other cleansers and an acne wipe.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by aliwags09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ughhh i do NOT like this product. the concept of lotion makeup remover sounds good but it doen't remove makeup!! my normal every day lotion removes makeup better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2010 11:49:00 AM More reviews by elfriede

I can't comment on effectiveness beyond removal of heavy sunscreen, concealer, and non-waterproof eyeliner/mascara. For that, it works very well and doesn't clog my pores. The perfumey scent is unpleasant, however, I saw it at Big Lots and the price was right. EDIT: At first I had no problems with the fragrance other than simply disliking it. However, over time, I became sensitized to the fragrance (i.e., due to repeated exposure, I developed a sensitivity/allergy to the fragrance--itching, burning, rash) and had to throw it out. I'll leave it at two points because it otherwise works well, but if you have even somewhat sensitive skin, stay away.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2010 11:14:00 AM More reviews by ladyofshalott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This make up remover was just OK. But it does not work very well at all to remove my waterproof mascara. I find that my Ponds cold cream works far better at removing my make up. I also noticed that the Olay make up remover slightly irritated the skin around my eyes which I am not happy with at all. I only recommend this make up remover for light every day makeup--but do not expect it to do wonders.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by micronesa29

definitely did not remove all my waterproof revlon mascara...not reccommended for contact lense users! I got it thinking that it would be more gente than oil-based removers...not the case! quite irritating. even with vaseline I was able to remove more eye makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 2:21:00 PM More reviews by jersey815

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

omg this is the best drug store makeup remover I have used in a long itme . it takes off waterproof budge proof eyemakeup so so easy it crazy.. and gentle enough that it does not burn my eyes in the least .. I am so happy that i tried this have used many tubes since its launch in the us.. thumbs up on this one

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2010 4:10:00 AM More reviews by queenofga

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised at the low reviews for this stuff. I'm reasonably impressed. I prefer lotion-style eye makeup removers since the watery-types always irritate the skin around my eyes. I don't wear contacts, so can't comment there. I usually end up using vaseline to remove eye makeup, followed by wiping off the vaseline with a makeup wipe. I then proceeded to wash my face (as usual) with my normal cleanser which is great, but leaves me with raccoon eyes if I don't use a eye makeup remover before hand. That was too many steps if you ask me.

For this stuff, I squeezed a little bit on a cotton ball then rubbed it across my closed eye and the mascara came off pretty easily. Afterward, my eyes didn't feel dry, they didn't burn, and I didn't need to apply a light coat of vaseline around my eyes to soothe them afterwards (which is typically the case after using watery removers). I don't see how useful this product would be for removing makeup across your entire face before washing, unless you're wearing a TON of makeup or didn't have a really good cleanser, but I do appreciate it's value for removing eye makeup and lipstick, which is the reason I bought it. Next time, I'll skip the cotton ball and apply directly with my fingers which I think will work just fine. Found it for $5 at Big Lots. Not bad.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2009 11:37:00 PM More reviews by jamie11210

I wish there was a "maybe: option so bad for this on would I buy again!!!! UGHHH!!! Anyways, I like that this is a lotion, it smells very nice, and for the most part it does remove my mascara. Here are my cons: it does not remove liner very well and it does not remove my mascara completely. For what it is worth though, I do think I would re-purchase mainly because of the lotion factor.