September 23, 2014 | 1762 users online

Moisturizers - Dr. Alkaitis - Nourishing Treatment Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by JudiWickham

This is one of my favorite all round oils. In that you can use it on your hair, scalp, body and face (not around eyes for me though). It has a lovely soothing herbal scent and pure ingredients. I tend to use it more in the summer, than winter. Although it is an oil, it is a lighter oil. I need something a little richer in the winter, but still use it here and there. Particularly on the ends of my hair to smooth and nourish. Although this is around $80 for a bottle, you get four ounces. Most oil blends like this, come in a 1oz bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2013 5:58:00 AM More reviews by Reemyn

I tried a sample last summer, it was enough for weeks. Oh, I only wish they would sell samples separately here in Europe too. I would try over and over again, because I really can't decide whether I need this in my life or not. My skin gets easily bored of products, weird, hah?

I LOOOVE
- the smell! It is strong, herbal, but I find it really calming.
- the texture, of course it's oily but still light.
- that it plumps up my skin, leaving a dewy glow behind.
- that it makes my skin really smooth and soft!

Not sure if this is enough for dehydrated skin though.

I hate the price. Now I'm trying different oils and I keep experimenting. Maybe I'll buy a big bottle one day.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by kookielovins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This oil has made my skin the softest its ever been. However, my husband and I are not a fan of the strong scent or the outrageous price tag. I bought the large bottle at retail price and it lasted me only a little over a month. I would apply this oil all over my body before bed only because I would not want to go out in public with this strong scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 10:17:00 AM More reviews by pixielu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful oil. I really love the integrity of this brand. I initially bought this oil for my body as I'm pregnat and it's meant to be great for preventing stretch marks. Anyway it was a pleasure to use and very effective, however oddly it wasn't quite moisturising enough for my back, which admittedly has been weirdly dry, thanks to the pregnancy hormones, which was a bit disappointing. However what I did love is that this is suitable to use on the face and although the oil is expensive if you are using it on your body, as a facial oil it is very economical and left my skin feeling very soft. Highly recommend. Also the scent is gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

One of my all time favorite face oils ever. It smells amazingly good and keeps my face super supple and moisturized without a shine. I also use it on my hands and hair. If you are looking into trying a face oil, this oil is a great place to start. I use it throughout the day during the winter time to keep my skin from drying out from the heated indoor air. I can't believe how soft it leaves my skin. It's super delicious and doesn't cause me any breakouts.
UPDATE: HG!!! A "can't live without" product for me! If you use face oils you must at least try this oil out. It is amazing and has done wonders for my skin :) This stuff will most def. fade out scars or hyperpigmentation over time. My skin is suuuper clear, supple, smooth, glowy and pretty. I use this stuff morning and night and my skin loves it. This whole line has been the best thing i've ever done for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by zmajeed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I also purchased the nourishing treatment oil based on the reviews here. One caveat: I am skeptical of skin products because in my experience, eating well (particularly avoiding all dairy - I cannot underscore this enough) has been the only real solution towards clear, glowing skin. I feel that products can support overall diet changes, but aren't solutions in and of themselves. So here goes:

This works. I recently had a painful second degree burn on my palm, and applied this daily to the affected area. It healed in under a week, whereas this type of burn generally takes 7-14 days to heal. I also apply this to my face as a moisturizer at night, after exfoliating. The aroma is deeply soothing and helps lull me off to sleep. My facial skin has been soft and moisturized every day so far this winter, which has never happend with other products.

If you need a serum that moisturizers, destresses, is multi-purpose, and rapidly heals major skin problems, I highly recommend this! Futurenatural.com is a fabulous shop to purchase from, and I believe they still have 4 oz. bottles at the original $60 price tag.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by skyeblu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this product based SOLELY on the reviews from this site, and I was not disappointed!! I rub a bit between my fingers, press it into my face, undereye area, and neck, and wake up with glowing skin. I love using oils and this is my new favorite - effective, easily absorbed, and doesn't have that super "natural"-in-a-bad-way smell that makes your partner not want to sleep with your stinky oily face nearby! Very gentle and calming for my wacky, combination, kinda red, kinda dry, kinda blemished, kinda aging skin : )

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by z1e2b3r4

Miracle oil. I've used this oil along with the cleanser and soothing gel for 10 days and my acne has completely cleared up and scarring has faded tremendously. I have oily skin so only use this at night. I tried using it during the day and my face was so greasy by mid day. Instead I use the Soothing Gel along with Tata Harper's Rebuilding Moisture cream during the day and no more greasy skin by noon!
My husband has also been using this oil on his face for the past 3 days and his skin is so much softer and less red from shaving. Also, I got a ton of blisters on my hands the other day (forgot much needed gloves for exercise class) and used this oil on my hands that night. By morning the blisters were completely gone and skin was healed. Amazingly versatile product!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2011 5:53:00 AM More reviews by maskarra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This works wonders for my combo (oilier side), sensitive & acne prone skin. I use it as night moisturiser and body oil after shower- also as scalp treatment when its itchy. Leaves my dehydrated skin moist and supple. Doesn't make my skin reactive (unlike Avene's cold cream!). Love that it's so pure & 100% raw - to top it of its got a really nice sweet herbal smell. Been using it for about 2.5 months and there's still a lot left.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by surferchick2

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not sure about the review below about the St John's wort making everyone happy? Hopefully no one is turned off by and think it is somewhat psychologically altering as a topical, rather than ingested, that has a slew of other oils also from someone that seemed to not have even tried it. It amazingly heals the skin. This is a wonderful combination of raw oils. I really didn't think I'd ever want to put 'oil' on my combo skin (on the oily side) until I started reading more about cold pressed and essential oils. I originally bought the trial kit and thought the herbal toner and/or smoothing gel would suit me because of the aloe and witch hazel. I almost disregarded the nourishing oil completely since it just seemed too much oil...I put it on at night, and it absorbs into my skin easily. If I have any kind of irritation or breakouts, their gone by morning! I even put some of it on an allergy rash I most likely got from an antibiotic and the nourishing oil was the remedy. You need such a little bit, my one ounce trial bottle is still over half full even though I purchased it about a month ago. I could probably use this during the day, but haven't tested it on a full day of work yet. I've been using his herbal toner that does well as a daytime moisturizer when my skin tends to get oilier. Im also alternating night's with my GoW retinol treatment and mandelic acid, so after waiting about 30 minutes after application, I put on the nourishing oil, and my skin is flawless when I wake up. It's definitely a keeper. I wish it came in a 2 oz bottle though. A little goes a long way, and I'd rather replenish with a fresh bottle more frequently, even though the shelf life is a year.
**update...Ouch...looks like it just went from 60.00 to 80.00 for the 4 oz bottle. It's still not a bad deal considering it's such an effective combo of raw oils, but it's still a chunk to spend that just got bigger. 2nd update 6/26/2013: I can't believe I'm still using this. Very very few products are truly holy grails that i use for more than a year. This product is that good. Im still on my first large bottle, but I usually use it on my face and you don't need much. If I have a patch of dry skin anywhere else, then I just rub some of this oil on and it works great also.