July 24, 2014 | 1891 users online

Moisturizers - RoC - Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Daily Moisturizer

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by erincollard

This doesn't work at all. I read a good review in a magazine (yes, I know, magazine are almost as bad as getting advice at Ulta) so I bought it. My skin broke out like crazy. When I called customer service (they couldn't have been nicer) they said it isn't formulated for your nose or chin so I stopped applying it there. Next I stopped applying it to my forehead or cheeks because they were breaking out. This pretty much just left my eyes, which was okay since I'm smiley and that's where my wrinkles are.

I hadn't yet noticed any difference in so I did a test. For four months, I put this ROC on the skin around one eye and I put Vaseline or nothing on the skin around my other eye. After four months: no difference. Either Vaseline is good or this is terrible.

But still I kept this product because it wasn't cheap and for all I knew it was doing something. It burns my eyes so I'm crazy about it, but then it started to separate. Now when I squeeze the tube, first I get clear oozy stuff then I get white stuff. I just threw the whole tube away today. I am super cheap so it was hard, but it does nothing so far as I can tell except burn my eyes. Customer service offered my money back when I called after the horrible break out, which was nice. I wish I had taken them up on their offer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2014 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I saw the RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Daily Moisturizer and its night-time counterpart at Costco in a two pack set for around $20. I thought I would try it out - what a mistake:( I have pretty resilient skin with minimal breakouts this product gave me acne that is painful, difficult to get rid of and real inflamed. I tried to stick with it thinking maybe my skin was just purging some impurities or that it was just coincidence but I can't ignore this any longer, I've used almost a whole tube but I'm tossing it all out today. I have three cystic-like pimples, at the moment, one above my eyebrow one on the ear side of the top of my cheekbone and one on my chin. They all hurt like hell:( PLEASE do not waste your money or time on this product - I normally would say that YMMV but after seeing so many other poor reviews I'm thinking this product is just a dud. Do yourself a favor and pass it up without thinking twice, I truly can't say one good thing about this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by meligonlan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It broke me out and my skin looked dull.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

I got this because someone in some magazine was just raving about it. I had sloooowly gone through one tube. I spot treated with it mostly and maybe once or twice I had put a light coating all over my face with no issues. The 2nd tube I once again just did spot treating like on my laugh lines and forehead. It has taken awhile to get through this 2nd tube like the 1st. The smell of this cream is just too unpleasant/overpowering and the formula so very greasy and uncomfortable even with my dry skin issues. It made me not reach for it much. Well trying to use it up faster because it is pricey for d/s skin care I slathered on a nice layer. MISTAKE!! Moments later my skin started itching and burning and an angry rash starting cropping up on my right upper cheek. I had to wash it off! What happened???!!!!! That was the last straw at my go at this product. It smells awful, feels too greasy even for my dry skin issues and being someone who rarely has a reaction to anything that was scary. Sorry RoC. I will stick with Olay Regenerist fragrance free thank you very much!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 9:15:00 AM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got this in a set with the night cream and the eye cream at Costco. I used it for a couple of weeks and stopped as I thought it was giving me cystic acne on my cheeks and chin. I was also experiencing a scaly area on my neck that I attributed to a glycolic toner. Anyway, I used it here and there to use up the tube, but not with any consistency. I recently used it for 10 days straight and ended up with the scaly patch on my neck again. Same as the last time I used it consistently. I never had a patch like that, except the two times I used this product. It didn't break me out again, but maybe my oilier skin on my face protected me from the drying out that happened on my neck. It's too bad. I like the idea of 30 spf and the retinol, but it is simultaneously greasy and drying and doesn't improve the look of my skin at all. Tube packaging is nice, small, compact, hygienic, but the screw-on cap is a sort of annoying shape and it often flipped out of my hand when I was trying to screw it back on the tube. Flip top might be better.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by lovemacnc30

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was given this day moisturizer along with the eye cream and night cream from a johnson & johnson rep. I finally decide to open this moisturizer to use this morning and finally took off my makeup after about 10 hour of wear. It was very greasy and turn my face into an oil slick. Don't use if you have oily skin. The most horrible thing is that i got all this tiny breakout on my forehead and cheek areas. I have no problems with the other products but definitely NO to this day moisturizer!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Chuckers

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros: This moisturizer has an SPF of 30 and it is thick which is fine for the winter months in the NE, but will be too thick for summer. I have sensitive skin and did not have any breakouts or irritation.
Cons: Expensive product given the lack of any difference in skin texture or tone. Need to leave it on for a few minutes before putting on makeup (to absorb). Will keep looking for combo SPF moisturizer that absorbs quickly, doesn't irritate, but gives good texture to mature skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2011 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Principesa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was using Neutrogena Anti-Wrinkle for years but I had a good coupon for this so I tried it. Should have listened to the reviews here! This product gave me greasy skin, pilled up under make-up and enlarged the appearance of pores. It took me a while to realize it was actually making me look older! It is hard to believe a product can do exactly the opposite of what is advertised and still be on the market. I went back to Neutrogena and the appearance of my skin improved immediately. Would not recommend this glop to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2010 10:08:00 PM More reviews by sammygirllly

well my mom bought me the olay deep moisturizing and after a couple of months i noticed no difference in my face. after about 5 months in use of that one my mom brought me this one. the RoC retinol correxion and she told me it was expensive. i could say it was the exact same effect as olay-useless. all i know is that i've heard many other face cream's original formala has been changed and they're all crap. :P

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by DianaBlackbird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the fact that it has a good SPF 30 so there is no need for an extra sunscreen. Its also oil free which is a plus for me because I have oily skin and tend to break out from time to time. I wear this under my primer and foundation. So far I've noticed that my skin looks dewy and not dry. I've also noticed that my skin looks smooth and rested, but my smile lines are not filled in and I can still notice them. UPDATE- I've been using this a little over a week now. My skin really does feel soft- the softest I've felt it in recent years. I also noticed my skin isnt as oily as it tends to get half way through the day. No break outs what so ever. Still laugh lines look noticable though. Will update later on. UPDATE- Did nothing for me whats so ever other than make a hole in my wallet. I can buy a regular lotion for a quarter of the price that moisturizes without being duped that it makes frown lines disappear! Very dissapointed.