September 30, 2014 | 1853 users online

Masks - 100 Percent Pure - Purifying Seaweed Facial Mask

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I love 100 Percent Pure products generally, but this is not one of them. I'm not kidding, my bathroom stunk like this mask for days. I mixed a batch in a bowl at the bathroom sink so that I could use the medicine cabinet mirror for application. I rinsed the mask off in the bathroom sink when it was done, and obviously some of the gross goop stayed in the sink drain pipes, causing the whole room to stink for days. The mask stunk so badly on my face I thought I was going to gag, and ended up washing it off early. Thank God that I did, because my skin started breaking out almost immediately. I developed a stripe of acne-like bumps across my left cheek. Despite the price, I immediately threw the whole container away. The smell is intolerable & my skin hated it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by jenwrite

Wow. Old fish. No one exactly mentioned the "old fish" smell. And not only you, but the bathroom (the jar isn't easy ideal for application - you need a spoon - I did not realize this until later), the towel you wipe off with, etc. Maybe I got a bad batch, but it's just not worth the results. My skin just feels kind of dry and tight, and my allergies are acting up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Adore this mask! I don't have much to add on, other than I wasn't prepared for the scent. It is odd but tolerable ~ and so worth it! I have skin that tends to be drier in the winter and this deep cleans without stripping my skin. While it dries it tingles, almost feels itchy, but I don't get any irritation out of it, just glowy skin. It i a bit difficult to remove but I grab a lukewarm washcloth. I agree about adding an essential oil to help with the scent, however you get used to it. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2010 9:33:00 AM More reviews by tanyagovea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love love this mask!, its so pure that it stinks!! lol....its seaweed so you need to know what your going to be smelling! other than that it works very well, its great for acne prone skin. It leaves your skin looking so bright and clear, I am hooked on this brand!....its just a little expensive right now for me:( :)....but worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2009 6:10:00 PM More reviews by zowye2002

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like how it leaves my skin after using the product.
Cons: What I don't like it is a bit hard to remove which I am force to use my loofah sponge and cleanser to remove the remains which usually are the remains of what it seems like leaves although in the powder solution you don't see any leaves but they appear on the ingredients' list. Also the scent or smell can be over powering so it smells a like kelp not like sea smell contrary to other reviews I've read in other place. Plus it comes in a glass container, careful where you place it.
Pros: I felt tingling as it dry out, fun to apply ( if you are at peace with your inner child), the skin is more how can I say... feels more clean face is not that shiny,The product stays more time fresher than the typical mask sells everywhere due to the glass container and the powder solution( reason I said before if you at peace with your inner child you have to mix the solution one part water ( you can use rose water, orange water or which ever solution you wish, still the seaweed or kelp smell/scent beats it). 100% Natural

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2008 5:30:00 AM More reviews by ChildOfTheMoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This seaweed mask contains natural, nourishing and purifying ingredients: Organic Seaweeds (kelp, Agar Agar Bladderwrack), French Green Clay, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Vitamin C (Calcium Ascorbate) and Peppermint Leaves. My combination skin really likes the seaweed (another favourite is Aqua Marina bar by LUSH) so I was happy to find a good facial mask I can stick with.

The actual product comes in a 83g/2.9 oz glass jar and looks like finely milled soft green powder. It's supposed to be mixed with water, but I mix 2 tsp of this powder with 3 tsp Aloe Vera Jelly 99% (Lily of the Desert) to get a rich creamy paste. The smell isn't the most fantastic, because seaweed smells kinda fishy- but it's not overwhelming either. Sometimes I'll add 2 drops of rosemary essential oil for a fresh scent. I apply the green paste all over my face avoiding the eye area, and then find something to do for the next 15 minutes while the mask works its magic. The paste dries quickly and behaves a lot like a mud mask. It turns hard so try not to smile- that can hurt. This paste penetrates the pores and draws out impurities while drying.

When 15 minutes has passed I gently remove the mask using a scrub glove and lots of water. It's easier to do this in the shower than over the sink. Once the mask is off I notice some pale redness on my skin, but no irritation or burning. The redness calms down in a few minutes and my skin is left so soft with a healthy (not oily!) glow.

I finish this treatment with a spray of cold chamomile tea (which I keep refrigerated in a spray bottle, so it's cold and refreshing when used). Witch hazel-, rose- or orange blossom water also work. I find myself using this mask mostly during autumn and winter for some reason. The jar lasts long if you use 1-2 tsp per treatment.

Suitable for vegans. Biodegradable.

continued >>