E.L.F. brightening eyeshadow quad - drama

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have & have these cute little quads in Butternut, Luxe, & Drama. I plan to go buy a bunch of backups when I order off elf's site someday. A lot of the other colors are DC well unavailable on their website so leads me to think DC. I hope they don't DC those 3! Drama is an awesome fun way to make a smoky eye esp for a beginner. I have wetnwild Unchained single/Tunnel Vision quint/Don't Steal My Thunder trio which wnw has excellent affordable smoky eye shadow palettes if Drama is unavailable to you or you don't order online. Drama quad e/s coordinate perfectly. I've been on a silver shadow kick since seeing a couple Facebook videos on smoky eyes but this is quite possibly my fave quad I own & I plan to use it til I hit pan this 1 won't be purged or go to waste. I bought the wnw, ELF & a Loreal Infallible single (liquid diamond) in hopes of finding my perf silver recently. I highly rec'd any of these if u don't want to break the bank 4 a smoky eye esp ELF USD$1!!!!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product breaks so easy! The black broke and got all over everything! They aren't good eyeshadow either. I guess they are ok for someone on a super super tight budget but you should save your dollar.

pretty good, especially for only a dollar. Elf stuff is usually pretty good, especially for a one dollar brand. This paletteis good for smokey eyes. If you really want the colors to show up, wet them and then apply, or use a primer. If you want a decent cheap primer, the elf primer is fine, unless you have very sensitive skin. Be warned: I have a friend with sensitive skin who used it and broke out on her eyelids. But it works fine for me, a basic primer. If you get a nice primer, Urban Decays primer potion is great, especially in shimmery gold Greed, which really makes these colors look way better than they really are. So, if you want a simple, easy smokey eye, this works fine. If you are a makeup guru and want a perfect, complex smokey eye, well, you probably wouldn't be buying one dollar makeup anyway.

I was really excited to buy this product because I wanted to start creating a more detailed smokey eye look. This product really let me down. The colors didn't show up well and the powder was so loose, it went everywhere! I wore it to a party and by the time I got home all the colors had faded and started to smear around my eyes! Do not buy this product!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The eyeshadows are pigmented, but they’re also powdery and messy to work with.
The staying power isn’t that great for people with oily lids, even when used with an eyeshadow primer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I was not impressed by this product at all. It has no staying power and the colors are not pigmented. The eyeshadow itself is quite flaky and just doesn't look great. Over time I would just reach for the white shade for my inner corner, but it would last for about 1 hour and then disappear. The saying, "you get what you pay for" is very true in this case.
Overall, I would not recommend.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I received this for Christmas two years ago and it has lasted me quite a while. Though, I have to be honest; I don't actually use this as eyeshadow 90% of the time, except for the white. I mostly use the dark silver and black as eyeliner, and the lighter silver almost never gets used unless I apply it with the white. Like the name says, this gives a dramatic look...provided you don't try to use the black as an eyeshadow, which won't work out well.

Wasn't pigmented at all. made me look really dull. would still continue with isadora for doing the smokey looks.

The only good shadow in this quad is the silver. The others have no pigmentation and are rally flaky and dry, the only good thing in this quad is the silver.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This quad in "Drama" is the worst e.l.f quad that I own (i also own butternut and day 2 night).

I had high expectations for this quad, especially because of the recommendation by emilynoel83, a guru i frequently watch. She said that this quad is the perfect smokey eye quad.... which it would be if the shadows were good quality. The white is probably the best color in the quad, and it is not even that pigmented. The darker gray has some pigment, but does not blend. the black does not blend AT ALL, and the silver has NO pigment WHATSOEVER. it is basically silver glitter.

I could not use this quad all together. it does not blend well, and on my eye they blend into a gray mess. it's NOT a pretty sight.

i would NOT buy this again.