October 1, 2014 | 1441 users online

Eye Shadow - E.L.F. - brightening eyeshadow quad - drama

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by lucky10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product breaks so easy! The black broke and got all over everything! They aren't good eyeshadow either. I guess they are ok for someone on a super super tight budget but you should save your dollar.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by jburnett1111

pretty good, especially for only a dollar. Elf stuff is usually pretty good, especially for a one dollar brand. This paletteis good for smokey eyes. If you really want the colors to show up, wet them and then apply, or use a primer. If you want a decent cheap primer, the elf primer is fine, unless you have very sensitive skin. Be warned: I have a friend with sensitive skin who used it and broke out on her eyelids. But it works fine for me, a basic primer. If you get a nice primer, Urban Decays primer potion is great, especially in shimmery gold Greed, which really makes these colors look way better than they really are. So, if you want a simple, easy smokey eye, this works fine. If you are a makeup guru and want a perfect, complex smokey eye, well, you probably wouldn't be buying one dollar makeup anyway.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by emilyfrom605

I was really excited to buy this product because I wanted to start creating a more detailed smokey eye look. This product really let me down. The colors didn't show up well and the powder was so loose, it went everywhere! I wore it to a party and by the time I got home all the colors had faded and started to smear around my eyes! Do not buy this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by JeniRyder

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

The eyeshadows are pigmented, but they’re also powdery and messy to work with.
The staying power isn’t that great for people with oily lids, even when used with an eyeshadow primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by linh989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was not impressed by this product at all. It has no staying power and the colors are not pigmented. The eyeshadow itself is quite flaky and just doesn't look great. Over time I would just reach for the white shade for my inner corner, but it would last for about 1 hour and then disappear. The saying, "you get what you pay for" is very true in this case.
Overall, I would not recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2012 3:56:00 PM More reviews by bananachan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I received this for Christmas two years ago and it has lasted me quite a while. Though, I have to be honest; I don't actually use this as eyeshadow 90% of the time, except for the white. I mostly use the dark silver and black as eyeliner, and the lighter silver almost never gets used unless I apply it with the white. Like the name says, this gives a dramatic look...provided you don't try to use the black as an eyeshadow, which won't work out well.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by kinta80s

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Wasn't pigmented at all. made me look really dull. would still continue with isadora for doing the smokey looks.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2012 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Almaddox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The only good shadow in this quad is the silver. The others have no pigmentation and are rally flaky and dry, the only good thing in this quad is the silver.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2012 7:00:00 PM More reviews by mspaigie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This quad in "Drama" is the worst e.l.f quad that I own (i also own butternut and day 2 night).

I had high expectations for this quad, especially because of the recommendation by emilynoel83, a guru i frequently watch. She said that this quad is the perfect smokey eye quad.... which it would be if the shadows were good quality. The white is probably the best color in the quad, and it is not even that pigmented. The darker gray has some pigment, but does not blend. the black does not blend AT ALL, and the silver has NO pigment WHATSOEVER. it is basically silver glitter.

I could not use this quad all together. it does not blend well, and on my eye they blend into a gray mess. it's NOT a pretty sight.

i would NOT buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2012 5:17:00 AM More reviews by SilentPerfection

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just happened to me browsing MUA when i realized i happened to be wearing this and thought i shoud review it. I really like these shadows in all the colors ive tried. I mosly use the two greys and white over the black in this quad no complaints about the black i just dont wear black shadow often.

I have sensitive skin so anything that doesnt give me a reaction gets my vote. The price is a plus, never had a problem with the pigment level but i also use a base (my foundation covergirl aqua-smooth cream), i have heavily creased eyes and i dont have issues with smudging or transfer as long as i use the base. Like the packaging durable enough ive never had the pressed powder shatter even in my purse. The only other shadows id rate higher are bare esscentuals and almay i-color and a good part of that is that they have a much bigger color selection.