September 19, 2014 | 1478 users online

Gels/Soaps - Aveeno - Positively Smooth Shower & Shave Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by fashionista96

So It was my first time shaving and I used this and I wasted a looooot. I didn't read the directions. haha. But I got it now and I love this shaving cream. It smells really good and it is gel then turns into a foamy cream that makes my armpit and legs super soft.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2009 2:34:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The consistency is a bit thick and goopy and was hard to spread evenly on my body, but overall it does offer protection from shaving and does a good job of softening my skin. My legs felt so much more smoother. It has a light smell to it and I was able to get it on sale at my local grocery outlet. Highly recoomended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2009 6:45:00 PM More reviews by AshleyD2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I love this shave cream. It is so much better than others. omg omg. will never give up this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2009 2:46:00 PM More reviews by mandicandi412

Pros: Eliminated my razor burn, lathers well with a shower pouf, a little goes a long way (my bottle has lasted 4+ months, far superior to any other shaving cream I've used, non-irritating.

Cons: Can only find it online or at ULTA, difficult to get product out of tube

I will never buy another shaving cream product again- my HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2009 1:44:00 AM More reviews by rockandrollpaperdoll

This stuff is freaking awesome. Usually I have to shave every day or I have thick stuble. I haven't shaved in the two days and there are no black hairs in sight on my legs! :) Brilliant.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2009 12:06:00 PM More reviews by RedJeanie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This body wash actually does what it claims. The Soy in it makes my body hair softer and therefore much easier to shave off. If you are lucky enough to have light soft hair to begin with then you will probably not even notice a difference. BUT if you are like me and have thick course hair it will certainly help. I love that it softens ALL of my body hair. Its awesome. It moisturizes my skin, rinses clean, makes the tone of my skin very even and creamy looking. I use exfoliating gloves to work up a good lather. Using it without those or a puff will not produce a good foam. It has a soothing scent...I can't quite describe it but its light and clean...close to cucumber but not quite. I've used it to shave and had no huge problems. Its great for traveling when you want to cut down how much you pack. I do prefer to use the Aveeno positively smooth shave gel simply because it doesn't drip and cuts down on me going over areas I have already shaved. I also use the Aveeno Positively Smooth body lotion (discontinued but I found some online) which for me is a miracle combination. It makes me look like I have average "girl" hair instead of lumber jack legs.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2009 1:53:00 AM More reviews by shamuball

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i like this! it doesn't lather up much without a pouf, but it smells nice and gives me less razor burn than when i use bar soap to shave. i don't believe its claims to "help you shave less often", but i don't think any product can do that. i'm also not sure how great it is at cleaning, but i'm usually not that dirty, so it works out ok :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2008 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Monica368

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really liked this product. It left my skin feeling soft and clean and I LOVE the fact that it is 2 in 1. To get a good lather I use one of those big holey sponge like things to work up a good lather. Worked great!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2008 2:55:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

Like the scent...that clean, fruity, citrusy Aveeno soap scent, but thats about it. It doesn't suds much, while is doesn't dry out my skin, it doesn't make my skin feel moisturized, smoother, or softer than any other body wash, and doesn't even begin to compare to my shaving oil, which completely eliminates nicks, allows for a much closer shave, and leaves my legs baby soft. Can definitely skip this one.

INGREDIENTS: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Acrylates Copolymer, Coco Glucoside, Lauryl Betaine, Sodium Benzoate, Styrene Acrylate Copolymer, Fragrance, Polyquaternium 7, Mineral Oil, Polysorbate 20, Disodium EDTA, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Polyquaternium 10, Glycine Soja Seed Extract (Soybean), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, May Contain:, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2008 6:57:00 PM More reviews by virginiachick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this product and frankly, I am surprised. Reason being is although I like the concept of having a shower gel and shave cream in one, I shied away from it because I didn't think it would be moisturizing enough and I didn't want to go around smelling like shaving lotion.

However, I finally bit the bullet because I was tired of hauling shaving cream into the shower and most every brand never prevented nicks anyway for me. (And that is with a new blade). But this product left my skin soft all over, provided enough creaminess to shave my legs with and I got NO nicks. Not a one. And it left my legs super soft too. And it doesn't smell like shaving lotion, it smells clean and fresh.

I highly recommend this product, especially in the summer since one has so shave so much. I found this at CVS, but I am sure it could be found at any drugstore.

I will be repurchasing.