October 23, 2014 | 931 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder - Light

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by princess2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I haven't reviewed MAC Blot Powder yet! I'm a makeup junkie and I'm always switching things up, but this powder in my Holy Grail. I've repurchased it 3 times! For me that is HUGE! I found it when I was on my quest to find talc free powder since talc seems to break me out. I stumbled upon this pressed powder and haven't looked back. It creates the perfect matte finish without looking cakey or adding color. It's just perfect. The packaging is nothing special. It's sturdy and I've never broken one or had it come apart. It comes with a pad applicator but I usually use a giant dense EcoTools brush and get the powder on the brush and pat the powder on, not brushing but patting motion. If you are looking for a great pressed powder to mattify foundation and help set it then look no further because MAC Blot powder is fantastic and I will continue to repurchase. I think as much as drugstore makeup is these days that the cost of this isn't bad at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by CMarie92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product!! It's my favorite anti shine product. I use it everyday to finish off my makeup and keep it in my purse for touch ups through out the day. It's the absolute best at canceling out oiliness. I've had my compact for over a year and even with daily use I still have a lot left. I will continue to buy this again and again and again. HG product for sure!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Jaded81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

****
Update: I have since discarded this for the Medium shade as I find that it is too light for my skin. I would only recommend this if you have alabaster fair skin!
****

A little bit about me first - I have NC15 combination skin (extremely oily T-Zone but prone to flakes around the nose and dryness on the sides of my face).

I use a powder brush to apply this on my face, concentrating on the T Zone, where I am oiliest. I find that using a brush picks up just the right amount of product and distributes the product beautifully on the face. Apply with a light hand (gently dab the brush on the powder once or twice) as too much powder will result in cakiness, a white cast and the accentuation of any dryness. If you need more, just reapply.

I am pretty amazed at how well this controls oil. I blot a lot less frequently when I use this. Even then, I don't get half as oily as I typically do. This is coming from someone who is typically an oily shiny mess after an hour of blotting!

When I do use this to touch up, I typically blot the excess oil off first before reapplying the powder.

If you prefer a more dewy finish, dust a layer of Guerlain Meteorites (I use Teint Rose) all over the face after applying the blot powder. It will counteract the matteness from MAC Blot and instantly add a soft luminosity to the skin.

Will definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this last summer and I loved it. My skin is normal-combination and never really gets too oily, except this summer for some reason (perhaps because of my Clarins face sunscreen) my t-zone has gotten really shiny throughout the day! I first purchased Rimmel's Stay Matte blotting powder, but that stuff totally sucks...Yes it's only $4 CND, but it made my skin oilier than it originally was. I re-purchased this Mac blotting powder in Light for my NC15 skin, and I fell in love all over again. I add this as my finishing touch for my makeup, it sets my Clinique CC cream, my Mac cream blush, and my concealer. I don't really have to touch up throughout the day, but sometimes I do on my nose a little bit. It works wonders, a little tiny bit goes a long way and it's not too powdery or cakey at all, it doesn't mattify your makeup intensely, it still allows a healthy shine to show through. I like my makeup to look natural while keeping the shine at bay, this stuff totally delivers, and for $29 CND, you get a lot of product and a damn good product at that. I definitely recommend this over any other blotting powders. The compact is adorable too :p

UPDATE: I actually found a better blotting powder...Soap and Glory's One Heck of a Blot! It lasts longer, looks less powdery and the packaging is to die for. It's also cheaper. A total winner in my eyes..Adios, Mac blotting powder!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2013 3:18:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe I haven't written a review for this yet. This powder is HG status for me. My skin is whiter than a piece of paper and oilier than an oil rig, and this is the only powder I've come across that is pale enough for me AND controls oil in a noticable manner. I use the press and roll method to set my foundation with a powder puff. Lately, I've been setting my entire face with a more sheer Sonia Kashuk powder (Bare Minium) and then usuing Blot as my finishing powder. It seriously adds to the amount of time I can go without getting ridiculously oily and also adds a bit of coverage. My skin looks great whenever I wear Blot and I keep coming back to it. My skin is also very sensitive and acne prone and I've never had any issues with this in all the years I've used it. This can get a little cakey if used with too heavy of a hand, which is why I've resorted to layering it with a more sheer powder. This also looks great when dusted on with a brush. (I just prefer using powder puffs and pressing into my skin)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 6:41:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used this for a few years, several years ago, and then I started trying other brands. I don't know why... stupidity. I am back to my blot powder. It's exactly the thing one needs to sort out a shiny nose half-way through the day. It doesn't add colour or visible product. I won't stray again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Fuzzybear62

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I started using this product a year maybe two ago when i started using mac face products. Present day i am not using any foundation from mac or primer only the blot powder in light! I absolutely LOVE this stuff. I have combination/acne-prone skin and this keeps it shine free all day. I should really be using this in a different colour but i just use this as a setting powder and it works wonders. Blends well, does not dry out skin, no break outs, and i find theres no need to reapply throughout the day.Im so glad i founded this years ago. I highly recommend this to anyone who needs a blotting powder or even a setting powder!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by adamj2004

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wish there was a maybe option for buy again. I'm a loose powder kind of person for setting/blotting but the website was out of stock when I needed to order. I usually use the MUFE HD Powder but wanted to try the MAC as well. Honestly, I really prefer the MUFE but this does a good job as well.

EDIT: Not loving this very much at all. Doesn't really do much of anything. I much prefer loose setting powders. I may or may not finish this up but I definitely won't repurchase :(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2011 4:49:00 AM More reviews by Princesssmith

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this product, i have Very oils t zone and it keeps it shin free all day. I do use Clinique pore refining serum which also helps. This powder keeps my makeup in place and I absolutely LOVE it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Homegirl81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have an oily t-zone, and wanted a compact to carry around for touch ups during the day.

This stuff is great - I needn't even carry it around, since it lasts all day for me. It looks almost white in the pan, but the texture is so light, it goes onto the skin pretty much translucent. Undetectable on the skin - no powdery look or flaky finish. Doesn't alter the shade of my foundation/ TM. Photographs really nicely too.

Hasn't caused any outbreaks or anything - it really feels like there is nothing there at all!

I tend to apply with a face brush, instead of with the puff supplied, but that is just a personal preference - there is nothing wrong with the puff.

Packaging is typical MAC black compact with mirror - chic and sturdy.