September 18, 2014 | 844 users online

Eye Shadow - Lancome - colour design - burnt sand

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by juliacouture

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is such a pretty gold shimmery color. I love it with a gold eye primer. Its not very matte but its very pigmented. Its a very nice lid color.

It is a bit expensive but I would recommend getting the pot before the entire palette because it is a bit expensive for the palette. The pot is cheaper.

The packaging in both the pot and the palette are good and amazing for travel. You will never have to carry around an abnormally large palette because this is an amazing everyday color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2010 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Lydia07

A very nice color for my greenish/bluish eyes. I got this in a sample and plan on purchasing more when it runs out. Its close to gold but warmer and more wearable with a tinge of brown. I also have MACs woodwinked, which I see this compared to here, but I find the colors to be very different. Woodwinked is more bronzy, which means that it looks good on me when I am tan but not when I am pale. Burnt sand works on me when I am pale also.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2009 8:04:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

very long lasting I shadow, I used a lighter color and then used this color in the crease. It lasted all day, and provide just enough color to define the eyes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2009 10:51:00 AM More reviews by mtack

Unfortunately this color did not work on my light olive skin and brown eyes. It is exactly my skin color, will work better on someone that is fair to medium, but not olive. Will stick to fillgree for my eyelids, this one brightens brown eyes beautifully.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2008 11:56:00 AM More reviews by groovinchic

This is a great color when used correctly. I'm getting the the age in which I can't really use a lot of shimmery, sparkly colors right below my brow. However, this looks great on the lid with Mochaccino as a crease color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2008 8:13:00 PM More reviews by alexei9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

the perfect medium shimmering brown shade-Burnt Sand is not quite bronze, not exactly beige...it's deep enough for me to use as a crease/lid shade but not so dark that it's too much for daytime-and certainly not too shimmery. This is what I wanted MAC's Woodwinked to be-a medium shimmering brown, but what I got with Woodwinked is strong orangey/red undertones and wayyyyy too much over the top shimmer. Burnt Sand looks good with Filigree as a highlighter on the browbone, or Gaze allover the eye as a wash with Burnt Sand used in the crease. hope they never discontinue this one....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2008 2:56:00 PM More reviews by DaniellePaul

A very yellow-based brown, with WAY too much shimmer. I had glitter all over my face. I used to like Lancome shadows because they don't irritate my skin, but I'm finding I like MAC better for color and formula.