September 17, 2014 | 1985 users online

Lip Treatments - Yes To Carrots - lip butter

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2014 8:33:00 AM More reviews by happinessinpink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I get through lip balms very quickly and each time I finish one, I tend to like to pick up a new one to test out. The last two lip balms I used were the Burt's Bees Nourishing Lip Balm With Mango Butter and the People For Plants Organic Lip Balm - Pink Grapefruit And Sweet Fennel. I actually liked both of these a lot and I was kind of expecting the Yes To Carrots one to be similar. (It wasn't.) I purchased the Pomegranate one.
Even though I don't hate the product, I honestly can't think of any significant pros whilst I can come up with many cons without even thinking too hard about it. These were a few things that I noticed, some straight away and some after a little while.
- The texture was very waxy and thick (maybe this is a characteristic of lip butters - I'm not totally sure but nevertheless), It felt quite heavy on the lips when I first applied it and just sat on my lips for the first half an hour or so.
- Normally with lip balms, I apply quite a lot in one go and it's usually fine and they'll usually just slide across but not with this one. Because of it's thick texture, it built up a lot when I did this and, and this is the worst part, it left a horrible white cast on my lips. I happened to have been in a bathroom when I decided to whip this out on the day I bought it so when I looked in the mirror and saw what it looked like, I kind of took my finger and blended it and took a bit off and it looked pretty decent from there but I just can't be doing that all the time in public.
- The packaging wasn't horrible but one thing that bothers me is the fact that when you twist the lip balm up to use it, it doesn't really go back down when you try and twist it down. It just stays in the same spot and you really just have to push it with your finger or back against your lips to get it back down.
- I also thought that because it was so thick and heavy it might do well for night time and whilst it didn't dry out my lips in particular, it certainly wasn't any better than my Burt's Bees or anything else that was a lot less thick and a lot more comfortable on the lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 5:38:00 AM More reviews by EstrellaJoy

After discovering that many (actually most) of the beauty products I use are from companies that test on animals (or have parents companies that test on animals), I went in search for a lip balm to replace all of my Nivea's, Cover Girl's etc.

I found this at a local Priceline shop in Australia - luckily there was a 40% off sale because the price is quite high for a lipbalm. But don't get me wrong, I'll be definitely up for paying extra in the future.

I love this blend, and got the lime (green) flavour. Not sticky, not overbearing, long-lasting, I couldn't ask for anything more. I love how this lipbalm keeps my lips soft for such a long time. It really was worth buying. Plus I love the quirky brand ... and CRUELTY FREE? Yes sir, this is definitely the brand for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by giggles292

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A CRUELTY FREE lip balm that in't expensive, moisturizes my lips, is all natural, paraben free and smells/tastes great....YES TO CARROTS (in carrot)....YES PLEASE!!!!! I love this lip butter and once I run out of my other 6,937,847 other chapsticks (including EOS) this will be the one I'm most likely to rebuy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 6:47:00 PM More reviews by ShazboTastic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this. Good value for money in Sephora. Hydrating. No artificial ingredients or fake smells. In a stick for hygienic application.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by shoeboxoftrees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I saw this product at Target listed at $2.99 with a $2.00 off coupon attached. I figured that since I am always looking for a good lip balm that I'd give it a go for $0.99. I got the pomegranate scent/flavor with spf 15. I was intrigued with the ovular packaging that supposedly fits into your pocket without creating that unsightly lip balm bulge that occurs when wearing jeans or other more fitted pants with pockets.

Scent: smells vaguely of pomegranates, slightly sweet, but that scent is overpowered with a scent of some sort of oil. I have found that a lot of natural/organic lip balms have this scent to them, so that did not bother me.

Packaging: It is slim and does fit into your pocket, but the flattened balm was more difficult to apply evenly than a round tube of balm. I found that I had to go in at each lip at many different angles to get the product on, whereas a round tube could be maneuvered without lifting off the lips at all.

I used the product all of that afternoon. I did not notice much of a difference in how moisturized my lips were even after reapplying quite often. I figured that maybe it was being rubbed off by eating/drinking/talking so I applied a good layer to my lips before going to bed to see how it would fare overnight.

Oh my goodness, what a bad idea. I woke up the next morning to find that my lips were so dry that the top layer of skin ALL OVER my lips was dry, peeling, crusty, and stiff. It felt like I had a facial mask on my lips. I tried to exfoliate them a bit, but the dead skin came off leaving raw, bleeding lip skin behind. This was a week ago and I still am having peeling issues.

For reference, my favorite lip balm/treatments are the Jack Black lip balm and the Dermstore brand lip quench (surprisingly amazing, and came free with my purchase).

For a natural alternative with a tint, the Pacifica color quench jumbo lip tints are moisturizing enough that I can wear them all day, and the color pay-off is great with the darker shades such as blood orange (this one smells a bit weird) and sugared fig (smells like spiced sweet fig, and is perfect for this time of year) . I can't wear lipstick because it is too drying, and these give me color without the dryness.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by MagicalUnicorn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this balm yesterday and have been using it the whole time. I love it!

I have it in Melon, but it's colorless which I really like. The scent is not very strong, but enough to smell it a bit when you put it on. Really nice scent though.

The balm itself is great! It's really soft and feels great on your lips. The texture is a bit waxy but not too much, just fine. I think it's very moisturizing as well, since it has only natural ingrediƫnt and all types of natural oils in it, which is so much better than all those chemical crap that drug stores sometimes sell.

The balm sits on your lips for about 45 minutes, which is not very long, but I don't mind re-applying. And it's also a good sign that the oils actually go into your lips, right?

The package is cute and nice and works fine. I wouldn't buy it for the cuteness of the package, but oh well. That's not really what it's about. It has changed though, it's not the same package anymore as on the picture (the label is colored instead of white). *EDIT: I'VE UPLOADED A NEW PICTURE*

I really recommend this balm for everyone with dry lips. It's just a really nice lip balm and it's fully natural, so you can be sure you're not putting chemicals on your lips which only makes them worse.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2013 6:29:00 AM More reviews by JaneChemi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have the melon one and the carrot one. they're an OK lip balm but they are no better than plain ol' chapstick. it feels soft but waxy. it isn't particularly moisturizing, it only sits on top. it also melts really easily so that's inconvenient. i can't take it with me so now i just use it before bed. when i wake up its long gone though.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 5:59:00 AM More reviews by tmacskin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I use the Melon. This is the best I've found since Chapstick's Botanical line was discontinued earilier in 2013, but I do wish it were longer lasting. Very softening and not at all waxy like Burt's Bees' signature line. It just doesn't last very long.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by 1Drama

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product. I have gotten it a couple of times and I am going to get more so I have a nice little stash. People rave about Baby Lips and EOS but they really should rave about these. It's natural like EOS with few chemicals (unlike Baby Lips) and it's not tested on animals as well as it is organic. It isn't very expensive and while it has a slightly waxy feel, it does absorb nicely. In the winter I get really dry skin right above my upper lip and most lip balms or lotion make this dry, sensitive skin burn but this doesn't.

It has a light smell but it isn't overpowering and it doesn't have a flavor. I highly recommend this and while it doesn't work for everyone, it is cheap enough for a trial.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Em19001

I love this product so much. It keeps my lips so much more hydrated and soft than other brands. I just love how it felt going on my lips. I would definitely recommend this to someone who had dry, chapped lips.