July 30, 2014 | 1994 users online

Lip Treatments - Yes To Carrots - lip butter

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by giggles292

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A CRUELTY FREE lip balm that in't expensive, moisturizes my lips, is all natural, paraben free and smells/tastes great....YES TO CARROTS (in carrot)....YES PLEASE!!!!! I love this lip butter and once I run out of my other 6,937,847 other chapsticks (including EOS) this will be the one I'm most likely to rebuy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 6:47:00 PM More reviews by ShazboTastic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this. Good value for money in Sephora. Hydrating. No artificial ingredients or fake smells. In a stick for hygienic application.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by shoeboxoftrees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I saw this product at Target listed at $2.99 with a $2.00 off coupon attached. I figured that since I am always looking for a good lip balm that I'd give it a go for $0.99. I got the pomegranate scent/flavor with spf 15. I was intrigued with the ovular packaging that supposedly fits into your pocket without creating that unsightly lip balm bulge that occurs when wearing jeans or other more fitted pants with pockets.

Scent: smells vaguely of pomegranates, slightly sweet, but that scent is overpowered with a scent of some sort of oil. I have found that a lot of natural/organic lip balms have this scent to them, so that did not bother me.

Packaging: It is slim and does fit into your pocket, but the flattened balm was more difficult to apply evenly than a round tube of balm. I found that I had to go in at each lip at many different angles to get the product on, whereas a round tube could be maneuvered without lifting off the lips at all.

I used the product all of that afternoon. I did not notice much of a difference in how moisturized my lips were even after reapplying quite often. I figured that maybe it was being rubbed off by eating/drinking/talking so I applied a good layer to my lips before going to bed to see how it would fare overnight.

Oh my goodness, what a bad idea. I woke up the next morning to find that my lips were so dry that the top layer of skin ALL OVER my lips was dry, peeling, crusty, and stiff. It felt like I had a facial mask on my lips. I tried to exfoliate them a bit, but the dead skin came off leaving raw, bleeding lip skin behind. This was a week ago and I still am having peeling issues.

For reference, my favorite lip balm/treatments are the Jack Black lip balm and the Dermstore brand lip quench (surprisingly amazing, and came free with my purchase).

For a natural alternative with a tint, the Pacifica color quench jumbo lip tints are moisturizing enough that I can wear them all day, and the color pay-off is great with the darker shades such as blood orange (this one smells a bit weird) and sugared fig (smells like spiced sweet fig, and is perfect for this time of year) . I can't wear lipstick because it is too drying, and these give me color without the dryness.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by MagicalUnicorn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this balm yesterday and have been using it the whole time. I love it!

I have it in Melon, but it's colorless which I really like. The scent is not very strong, but enough to smell it a bit when you put it on. Really nice scent though.

The balm itself is great! It's really soft and feels great on your lips. The texture is a bit waxy but not too much, just fine. I think it's very moisturizing as well, since it has only natural ingrediƫnt and all types of natural oils in it, which is so much better than all those chemical crap that drug stores sometimes sell.

The balm sits on your lips for about 45 minutes, which is not very long, but I don't mind re-applying. And it's also a good sign that the oils actually go into your lips, right?

The package is cute and nice and works fine. I wouldn't buy it for the cuteness of the package, but oh well. That's not really what it's about. It has changed though, it's not the same package anymore as on the picture (the label is colored instead of white). *EDIT: I'VE UPLOADED A NEW PICTURE*

I really recommend this balm for everyone with dry lips. It's just a really nice lip balm and it's fully natural, so you can be sure you're not putting chemicals on your lips which only makes them worse.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2013 6:29:00 AM More reviews by JaneChemi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have the melon one and the carrot one. they're an OK lip balm but they are no better than plain ol' chapstick. it feels soft but waxy. it isn't particularly moisturizing, it only sits on top. it also melts really easily so that's inconvenient. i can't take it with me so now i just use it before bed. when i wake up its long gone though.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 5:59:00 AM More reviews by tmacskin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I use the Melon. This is the best I've found since Chapstick's Botanical line was discontinued earilier in 2013, but I do wish it were longer lasting. Very softening and not at all waxy like Burt's Bees' signature line. It just doesn't last very long.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by 1Drama

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product. I have gotten it a couple of times and I am going to get more so I have a nice little stash. People rave about Baby Lips and EOS but they really should rave about these. It's natural like EOS with few chemicals (unlike Baby Lips) and it's not tested on animals as well as it is organic. It isn't very expensive and while it has a slightly waxy feel, it does absorb nicely. In the winter I get really dry skin right above my upper lip and most lip balms or lotion make this dry, sensitive skin burn but this doesn't.

It has a light smell but it isn't overpowering and it doesn't have a flavor. I highly recommend this and while it doesn't work for everyone, it is cheap enough for a trial.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Em19001

I love this product so much. It keeps my lips so much more hydrated and soft than other brands. I just love how it felt going on my lips. I would definitely recommend this to someone who had dry, chapped lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by aquaprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got the mint one and I don't really like it. It actually dries my lips out instead of moisturizes it. The texture is nice though, it is slippery and thin, but wears away easily. Also. The one I have, the cap is really hard to pull of, it took awhile for it to loosen. Overall I won't re buy since it dries my lips out.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by ClassyMinx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought some of these online after reading such great reviews. I have to say I feel like they're not worth all the hype. I have melon, citrus and carrot and do not particularly like any of them. I find the formula to be fake feeling, thick, waxy, and sticky. It does not soak into my lips but sits on top. I know they're advertised as being organic and all natural but they smell fake to me. My least favourite it the carrot one. I quite like the smell of the melon one and would use this if it was not for the formula. The packaging is cute and compact and I like that its i a wind up stick rather an a pot. I will be "gifting" these to my 11yo niece.