August 21, 2014 | 1039 users online

Eye Shadow - Chanel - Ombre D'Eau Fluid Iridescent Eyeshadow - 70 Rivage

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by mariedanae

un super produit de base pour les paupières, parfait pour fixer une poudre de même teinte, pour une tenue du matin au soir! dommage de ne plus le trouver dans les parfumerie!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 12:57:00 AM More reviews by Catloveschanel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Since I turned 50 I am noticing wrinkles, in the inside corner of my lids. I don't like wearing any shiny eyeshadow now. I am paranoid. This eyeshadow smooths out every wrinkle and makes my eyelids look normal, like they used to.

Rivage is the color of light washed faded blue jeans, but it fades out on contact to a very light silvery/blue with no glitter spots. "Iridescent" does not translate to Flourescent. It's very subtle, yet luminiscent. It's not full of sparklies, yet it is. It is the color of my eyes when I wear light blue. When I wear gray, it looks gray. It's just fabulous. I have tried a bunch of eyeshadows, but none of them work. I also wear Chanel Teint Creme Bronzer on my crease, and it is the only thing that stays and doesn't bring out my wrinkles. (I got it for a bronzer a couple summers ago. It is way too dark for my face.)

So I was helping Claire find something to wear for her New York trip and I forgot that I had quit smoking and I was running through Nordstroms to have a cigarette and I stopped at the Chanel counter and instantly got sucked in! I forgot about smoking while I looked through the foundations, and bought this little eye shadow instead of smoking.

Must be shaken, not stirred.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2008 8:19:00 AM More reviews by effloresce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

***THIS REVIEW CONTAINS PICTURES, CLICK 'CONTINUED TO VIEW***

These fluid eyeshadows by Chanel are dual phase - a layer of pigment/colour and a layer of clear liquid. It comes in a small square shaped frosted glass bottle that allows you to see the amount of product you have left without any fingerprints being left on it. The cap is black and has the Chanel logo in white on the top while the applicator is an angled sponge tip.

To use, shake the bottle and apply with the applicator. I find that using it alone on the lid without any base seems to work the best; when I applied it over UDPP, the fluid shadow went on patchily and unevenly. I usually apply with the applicator and smoothe it out with either my finger or a flat paddle shaped brush.

Rivage appears silvery with a hint of blue in the tube, but that is mostly due to the frosted glass container, I think. When swatched, it is actually a very shimmery silvered gun-metal grey. I think this would work better at night if worn alone because it is very shimmery and slightly glittery. However, you can also use this as a base colour of sorts and brush a powder shadow or pigment over a layer of Rivage. NARS Night Fairy (a lavender with lots of gold shimmer) is particularly gorgeous over Rivage - the end colour was a duochrome silvered-grey with none of the glitter evident at all. This would also work very well with other silvers and blacks for a smoky eye. :) I didn't notice any creasing without a base, though I don't have very oily lids and only wore it out for a few hours. I also had no eye irritation at all and I usually have very sensitive eyes and wear contact lenses.

All in all, I'm very pleased with the product - great quality, decent amount of product (6g/ 0.2 fl oz) and although the price is a little steep, it IS Chanel and you require very little product each time round so it will last a long time. I'd definitely repurchase and am looking for a more day-friendly shade!

continued >>