September 21, 2014 | 951 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Kiehl's - Superbly Restorative Dry Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by scs2dd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. It absorbs pretty quickly (I recommend waiting a couple minutes after applying before getting dressed) but moisturizes wonderfully and I haven't found a lotion or cream to match it. Just a little dab makes even my dry heels soft and smooth. Even after it's soaked in, my skin appears slightly reflective sue to all the moisture-- it makes my legs look amazing, like I have them airbrushed for a photoshoot.
The smell is slightly musky and woody, so consider this aspect if you don't go for those scents; of course, it fades as the day goes on. I don't think it's very strong though because I wear perfume over it without muddling the scent.
I might transfer the oil to a spray bottle because when you pour it onto your hand/body, it tends not to drip, but to run along the edge of the spout and down the cap.
The 8-oz bottle is around $45 but it's not a bad deal, considering how little needs to be used for each application.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2012 2:08:00 AM More reviews by jpsiegal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I HATE shelling out the cash for this product. But I haven't found anything else on the market that works for my body. Turns out that my chest and back are just as picky as my face is when it comes time for moisturizers. I've been using the Lush Body Butters and BOY do those things block up my pores! This is the only thing that's been able to cure it. In addition to not making me disgustingly greasy in the summer. My whole body is prone to loads of sweating and over oil production which is HORRIBLE in the summer as it feels like I'm just going through clothes and destroying them. This is it for me. Moisture without saturating my bedsheets, or clothes? *sigh* SOLD.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely am a fan of serums/oils, etc. because I find that it helps keep my wavy hair (which sometimes can get dry) looking polished ....... after visiting my local Kiehls counter and purchasing products in their haircare line, the sales rep recommended this oil for my hair and it is one of my favorite new items ..... after washing my hair I literally only add a drop to my ends as well as use a drop when my hair is dry to refresh my waves, and am very pleased ......while this product is pricey, it is well worth the price as #1 only a small amount is needed and #2 it truly helps keep your hair looking great ....... I have not tried using this oil anywhere else other than on my hair, but am so happy with this product and how it works well on my hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by carinnemj

I'm on my second bottle of this miraculous dry oil. There's nothing better that I've found to seal in moisture, nourish itchy skin, condition hair, and leave me with a subtle woodsy scent. I use it primarily as a body moisturizer but also as a shine treatment for hair and serious hydrator for my face. Argan oil just agrees with me and I will continue to buy this because I haven't found anything cheaper that does as good a job.

Pricy at $42 for an 8 ounce plastic bottle at Nordstrom, Saks, or Kiehls.com.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 5:03:00 AM More reviews by lishlash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this oil on my frizzy, wavy (2B/C) hair. And I LOVE IT!! This has performed miracles with my hair this summer.

On a normal week, I usually let my hair air dry and then iron straight- however, in the summer this just isn't an option as spending an hour with a boiling hot piece of equipment in my hand isn't doing it for me.

Normally leaving my hair 'au naturel' is a bit hit and miss. Sometimes it looks awesome, other times its a hot mess. Well, most of the time its a hot mess, normally with 19 different products on it try and remedy this.

Enter Keihls magic oil. Using the same routine as if I were going to iron my hair (for the interested: Kerastase Bain de Force shampoo and treatment, B&B Tonic, KMS moist repair revival creme, Frederic Fekkai glossing creme), I brush all this through and add about 10 - 15 drops of the oil through my hair depending how wet it still is. I have very damaged, dry frizzy hair - so I actually use this root to tip, unlike the other reviews, concentrating on my mid lengths and ends with just a quick run over the top of my hair.

Cut to four hours later (my hair takes an AGE to dry), shiny, bouncy, defined and frizz free waves. LOVE IT. Even in New york during the current 101 heatwave - still had perfect hair.

This is definitely HG for me. Would highly reccomend grabbing a sample and trying it first as it's not cheap - but wow does it make a difference!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2009 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

In general Kiehl's products are very high quality and make sense. I've been using the skin care, oils and lotions since I was 12. I really went in the store to test perfume oils and was about to walk out when this dry oil caught me eye. The SA came right over and gave me samples, but I liked it so much I bought a bottle.

I like the idea of a dry oil, but many contain silicones, which make my sensitive skin uncomfortable - especially in winter. This oil is special because there are not silicones on the formula, but all very light, nourishing oils and perfume oils forming a subtle, "skin" scent which only lingers on the skin for a few minutes. The scent is Orange Peel, Eucalyptus and Cedar, which blends right into my every day fragrances in the woody family.

It's great right after a shower and maybe again before bed on the hands and feet to give then some care and moisture during the night. I have not used the product on my hair, although the product instructions recommend it. It's also great right after shaving to sooth the skin and keep it calm.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2009 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Listerine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this off and on as a night face treatment (since I recently had a bad reaction to LUSH face cream). I'm acne prone and I've had no problems. My skin sucks it right up. Seems good! I've been using it on my hair for a while as a treatment, I'll coat the ends and leave on while I sleep. My hair can be dry and this helps soften and add shine. As the others have said, don't use near your scalp unless you are using as a treatment and plan to wash out. Might be too heavy for fine hair. Somewhat expensive, so if you can get a sample - I'd recommend doing that prior to purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2009 4:54:00 PM More reviews by yelrihs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Amazing on hair. My hair gets really dull and dry-looking on the ends because of heat, color, and other damage, but a tiny bit of this oil rubbed between my palms first, then on the tips of my hair, makes everything look SO much better.

Be careful not to use too much, especially at the roots of your hair, because it can look greasy if used too liberally.

Also, the smell is kind of funky but tolerable.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2009 12:21:00 AM More reviews by chanteuselaur

Rather amazing on the hair. It is one of the few shine/moisturizing products for hair I have ever used that does not turn me into a grease pot. It just makes you look like you have healthy hair. It's a phenomenal product with an amazing texture. Also, it doesn't make me break out when my hair brushes my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2009 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Scazza

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

SUPERBLY RESTORATIVE ARGAN BODY LOTION
I got a sample of this lotion, my first argan product. It was a 90 degree day, I put on the lotion and regretted it, thinking how it would make me feel awful and heavy for the entire day. The next day my persistent bacne, some rough blemishes, were halfway gone and my skin was soft again! Completely unexpected, this product is special. I also appreciate that it comes in a nice big bottle for a nice price. I'm wondering if it's just the argan in this that works or the entire formulation. I've never even liked body lotions, but I'm definitely going to get this.