November 28, 2014 | 1086 users online

Mascara - Ere Perez - Natural Almond Oil Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by beautifullady

I love Ere Perez! The range looks great, its affordable and instead of ruining your skin like normal make up does, this actually enhances and improves your skin and facial features. The Almond Mascara has made my lashes longer and thicker over time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2010 6:41:00 AM More reviews by TheReviewLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm going to agree with everything CallistoLuna said. Please read her review. Are you still here? OK, then. Here are my two cents: Personally I prefer an understated makeup look and this mascara is perfect for that. I have stick straight lashes and this mascara helps me hold a curl. It also does not dry hard or crunchy, does not flake, does not smudge, and it makes my lashes look slightly thicker, moderately longer, and glossy. It is everything Clinique's naturally glossy mascara should be but cheaper. It is much better than Maybelline Full and Soft waterproof mascara, which melted all over my cheeks and gave me racoon eyes. I got my Ere Perez mascara at a health food shop. I guess the only bad thing about this mascara is how difficult it is to find, not every health food shop stocks it.

Ere Perez also has some powders, bronzers, and lip products... lip tints actually, in stick form... to the naked eye they look a bit like Lipstick Queen Medieval but I'd have to test them out and report back (that will be another review).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2010 5:39:00 PM More reviews by CallistoLuna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like many MUA ladies, mascara is one of those items I'm constantly experimenting with to try and find "the One". However after more than a decade of searching and experimenting, and listing all those mascaras that have came and went would be a massive undertaking in itself. I'm also convinced that there is no such thing as "the one" mascara for any self-respecting MA lover. I'm of the opinion that one needs a mascara for everyday lashes, for party lashes, for a natural look, for a dramatic look etc...depending on the need of the moment and that owning one great mascara can't give you both a great natural look and a great drama look at the same time.
I've been using Ere Perez almond oil mascara on and off for about 3 years now. It is wonderful for building black glossy lashes with modest thickness and length. The thing that draws me back to this mascara is the creamy way in which it applies - I think because of it's waxy-almond oil base it gets brushed through the lashes like soft butter and coats them evenly. I never have to comb my lashes afterward so it doesn't break up the coat and make the lashes look feathery or roughly finished (sometimes with harder mascars I find that if you comb through to seperate you end up with a crusty looking finish on the lash and it takes away the glossy finish)
Even though this mascara is not overly dramatic in it's performance- I'd say medium thickness, length and it certainly lifts my lashes into a slight curl - It does get comments about how lovely my lashes look when I wear it. It's weird when people say that (it's happened at least a dozen times now) -I think it's because it has that natural look that is also slightly made up and I'm convinced it is because of the dark glossy look it gives my lashes, making them stand out more than they naturally would. For reference, I have long lashes that don't really have much curl but they are a light gold-brown colour naturally (being a redhead means my lashes are quite light) so mascara every/most days is essential.
The packaging of this mascara is fairly standard - it comes in a white coloured tube with an evenly bristled medium width brush (ie it's not weirdly shaped, curved or overly thin - it's a normal brush). The product itself is quite dark and has a distinct almond smell to it (if you hate marzipan, you'll really not like this) after a month or so, the product can become a little thicker but unlike some mascaras, it doesn't dry out and become unusable - in fact this added thickness makes it easier (for me) to apply. There is a waterproof formula available as well, but it works just as well as the natural one in performance (i can wear the natural one to bed and wake up not looking like a panda) save for the w/p one appling a little thinner than the natural one. Becasue it is oil based, using olive or another vegetable oil for removal is much more effective.
In conclusion, I will be buying this mascara again unless they change the formula for the worse. It is my go to mascara for a lovely luscious day look.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2008 8:35:00 AM More reviews by preciousthings

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I brought this mascara a while ago in my never ending search for the perfect mascara that would'nt irritate my eyes. On this it delivered. No irritation whatsoever.Just a little dissapointed it did'nt give me the volume i was hoping for and it did smudge a little. Apart from not irritating my eyes, i found this one to be just average.ps, dries out quickly too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2008 10:16:00 PM More reviews by rtauschke2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favourite daytime mascara. Its made of lots of natural ingredients and is non irritating. The formula is quite thick, but it doesnt clump too badly if you scrape the excess off the brush before applying. The result is very impressive - nice long defined lashes that really stand out yet still look very natural - perfect for daytime use. The colour is an intense black. It doesnt flake or smear easily and lasts all day, yet is still easy to remove with cleanser at night. Highly recommend.
Only negative is that its pretty pricey - about $28AU.
EDIT - 2 months down the track and this mascara seems to have solidified somewhat, perhaps from the colder weather? So its a bit chunky on application - still totally useable though. Plus the applicator has mysteriously bent itself into a curved shape for no apparent reason (kind of convenient actually!!).