October 30, 2014 | 1636 users online

Fragrance - Juicy Couture - Dirty English

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2010 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Bassclef

I bought this because of my initial impression of cedar. I love the scent of cedar wood and this fragrance has a great dose of it. Also leather and spice (cardamom and caraway) predominantly featured. It wears fairly close to the skin, and the lasting power could be better. Bought for me (a female), but I'll spritz it on my man and it might migrate to his house.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Gretchen76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Fake woods note and incense sticks mixed with rubbing alcohol. The scent never evolved- never got any hint of leather or spice. Nothing "dirty" about it- just annoying as it lasts for hours. It's going back to the store.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2010 2:11:00 AM More reviews by BEjunkie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This fragrance is one of many that I have purchased for my husband in the time that we have been together. This cologne is so different from the others he owns (Givenchy Play, Clinique Happy Man, Polo Double Black, Kenneth Cole Black, etc) in that this cologne is straight up SEX in a bottle. I have to almost limit him on how often he can wear this stuff because it smells so good to me that I am practically pawing at him the minute he sprays it on**!
The bottle itself in sexy, the leather strap and silverish charm that dangles is a nice touch, he's even said so himself. It definitely stands out on the dresser amongst the others because it is so decorative and also resembles the deep rich color of a bottle of brandy. Bottom line: this stuff is fantastic. Will totally purchase again!
**Disclaimer: Your results may vary. ;)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2009 5:41:00 PM More reviews by tessture

This is as tested on female skin. Woody, spicy and warm, lovely sexy and someone used the word 'brash' which would qualify. Unfortunately, dry down robs it of much of the complex notes and ends up as a woody vetiver-ish scent with only a tiny touch of that rich leather-spice that it started with so much promise. Still, while my DH doesn't much care for it, I really enjoyed the onset of hot spicy woods.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2009 3:25:00 PM More reviews by melissa1986

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My BF cannot stand my obsession with Juicy Couture but while i was checking out Viva La Juicy i got him to try out Dirty English.
He absolutely loved it which suprised me as usually he's pretend he didnt just because of the Juicy name LOL. We walked around the shopping centre smelling of his & her's and i could not stop smelling him.
When we first got together he would wear Boss - Elements which is no longer avaliable!! SHOCK.
I bought him D.E for Xmas and he was really chuffed, he actually sprays it all the time.
What i love about the scent is it is so masculine. I hate the stereotypical citrusy boy scents you smell on guys these days and to have found a aftershave i love on him as much as Elements makes me happy ;-)
It makes me think of dark, boozy sexy nights! Love it

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2008 4:30:00 AM More reviews by annabellegan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

The oxymoron of a bad boy name grabbed me. Thankfully the scent lives up to its impertinent moniker and isn't gaggingly Abercrombie. Jacob Black personifies Dirty English to the hilt...young, brash and dangerous.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 2:54:00 PM More reviews by BlackAmberMoon

This is the kind of men's fragrance I like - spicy woods, slightly sweet, masculine (my favorite for men is London by Burberry). I hope this starts a new trend away from the citrus/ozone scents that dominate the men's market today. Love the cool bottle, too. I guess I like my English Dirty. ;-)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2008 9:17:00 PM More reviews by shaesquared

Hmm, what a delicious scent! My friend always wears this and I constantly hug him just to smell it! I'm terrible with describing notes, but it was a rather, woody, leather-y scenty. Definitely HOT.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2008 8:53:00 AM More reviews by proximitythe53rd

This stuff smells awesome.
Dirty English is not too masculine for a women to wear, if she likes it as much as I do. I find it to be a very magnetizing, woody fragrance. The most stand-out notes in Dirty English are definitely the woods, I smell sandalwood and cedar, among others. Especially the top notes are lightly peppered, and there's a bit of sweetness do the base notes.
Forget the packaging, and the target market, this is my father's new signature fragrance, and I'm hoping to secure a sample for my DH soon. My dad fell in love with this because after my mother got him a sample at Sephora, he wore it to a dinner party, and got tons of compliments. One woman wouldn't leave him alone until he told her what fragrance he was wearing. There are no soapy or harsh notes in this composition, and it doesn't fall into the traps that so many recent men's fragrances have - smelling abrasive, or unpleasant, just because they're for men.
If they ever make a mini (preferably roll-on) of Dirty English like they do of the other Juicy Couture fragrance, I'll buy it in a heartbeat for myself. Until then .. well I don't need a whole bottle, and I don't need to usurp my dad's new signature fragrance :)
I will say that I think Dirty English is a great accomplishment, and it stands out to me at least as more "special" than the JC for women (which I do also like).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2008 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Alibear8

I LOVE this cologne. I walked past a display for it at the mall, and was bored so I walked over and checked it out because I had never seen it before. I spritzed a couple of tester strips, stuck them in my purse and went about my day. Well all day long every time I opened or closed my purse I kept getting whiffs of this cologne. It was a while before I remembered about the tester strips I put in there - needless to say, I was hooked on this smell! The cologne is a bit intense at first, but give it a couple of minutes and the cologne is intoxicating. It smells very clean, sexy, masculine and classic. I'd love to spray it on everything I own just so I could keep smelling it all day. I'm not sure about the bottle design, it's very similar to the women's juicy couture - and it's a little on the expensive side - but overall, a fantastic cologne, I'm a huge fan!