April 19, 2014 | 1574 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - BeneFit Cosmetics - Makeup Remover and Brush cleaner, baby!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2005 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Supa

On the day of my senior prom... my makeup appointment got messed up so a SA at the Benefit counter offered to do my makeup. I've never used their products before, but their packaging looked very catchy/cute so I decided to give it a try. After she finished my makeup, I did not like ANYTHING she'd used... so I decided to buy the makeup remover instead. I forgot how much it was (20 something dollars as of 5 years ago)... but this product was awful. After I got home from prom, I was desperate to get out of my makeup (I wasn't used to wearing so much makeup before)... and this cleaner was a nightmare. I had to scrub my face with this to remove the foundation and it stung my eyes like crazy when I tried to remove my eye makeup. So I kept it unused for a while... then I decided to try to use it as a makeup brush cleaner... and I say it's no better than water and handsoap. Seriously not worth the bucks. Do yourself a favor and purchase a makeup remover and brush cleaner separately. Also, the lid does not close all the way for some reason and I can't take it anywhere... it spills all over my makeup bag. =(

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2004 7:10:00 PM More reviews by KidA

I only use this to clean my brushes, and for this purpose, I think it's fantastic. Previously, I was using shampoo or baby oil and these were no where near as effective. I just pour a small amount into a cup, dilute it with water, and swish my brushes around till they're clean. Removes every trace of makeup from foundation to eye shadow on my synthetic and natural haired brushes. It smells lovely too, and comes in a large bottle. I wish it was a little cheaper though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2004 8:46:00 AM More reviews by Sue_raisin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After hearing reviews on this re: eyes and skin stinging whilst using, I decided to purchase this purely for the brush cleansing purposes. As a brush cleanser this actually isn't very effective at all. I used it to clean my fndt brush and it left the fndt on them. For a brilliant, cost-effective brush cleaner, use MAC. It's 7.50 for a large bottle, but it works better than this Beneshit stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2004 6:40:00 AM More reviews by rgbygrl

I was attacted to this because of its double use. Ok, and the packaging is so fab! I love this bottle, it's just so...pretty.
Price, not bad at all, large bottle with two purposes so great value for money.
Product, the remover part was slightly above average but I wouldn't say it was any better than that. It removes my makeup but not without stinging my eyes to redness. The problem is that it doesn't sting all the time so I guess it could be if my eyes are sensitive that day it will sting...
Anyway, I really like this product as a brush cleanser, removes all traces and leaves the brushes soft and conditioned without being sticky or leaving a horrible residue.
Overall I'd buy this product again but I hope they make it a bit better for sensitive eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2004 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Portess

How much do I LOVE this product? Lots, is the answer. It gets rid of ALL my makeup without scrubbing or rubbing too hard, it does a pretty good job of clearing out my pores too. I find I only have to use a very mild cleanser afterwards, as opposed to my deep pore stuff. Irritation?? None! Best thing is, it doesn't take much of it to do the job, even for a full face of glamour makeup, so it'll last me a while.

*** UPDATE *** 9 MONTHS LATER - told you it would last me a while.. I'm still only about 1/4 the way through my bottle... VERY impressed with value for money on this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2004 6:40:00 AM More reviews by Celiacie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was curious about this double-performer, and the packaging swayed me. The scent is indistinguishable from other cleansers/removers, and it does come in a hefty (and nice looking) bottle. But its performance as makeup remover and brush cleaner is absolutely MEDIOCRE. It does an average job of taking off makeup, but leaves my skin very dry afterwards. Some of the reviews mentioned stinging eyes....I've got sensitive eyes, but curiously, it didn't burn me.

Will not be repurchasing, as I've found my Sephora makeup removers to perform MUCH better, with absolutely no irritation of any kind, and they're ever so much cheaper ($8). continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2004 10:48:00 PM More reviews by ericaberryy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

DONT BUY THIS PLEASE! I loved the packaging and the smell so I decided to give it a try. AAhhhh my poor face. I tried using it as a makeup remover and it stung my face and eyes like crazy! I thought well maybe its just a matter of getting used to it or something... well I tried it the next day and the same thing! It didnt even get rid of my makeup. I used the rest to clean my brushes. Its just not worth the price for a brush cleaner. A good & gentle makeup remover is Sephora's.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2003 12:23:00 PM More reviews by prnczmel

When I first bought this product, I thought to myself, "Ooh! A makeup remover AND a brush cleaner!". It's a great brush cleaner, but it's a horrible makeup remover. It stung my eyes like crazy. The blisslabs lid + lash wash is so much more gentler on the eyes and removes makeup with ease.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2003 8:05:00 PM More reviews by scarlettallison1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Beware! I do not have sensitive eyes, but this stuff was like putting hot sauce on my lids! I love the smell of this product and I was really hoping that it would be useful to me, however, it was a complete waste of money. I tried using the product as a makeup remover. It burned my eyes, especially in the sensitive corners. It did not remove all my eye makeup, so I was tempted to scrub. After rinsing, I still had mascara on (BeneFit) and my eyes were red and stinging. I used MR&BCB to remove my other makeup, but I still had to use a cleaner afterward! Even after a thorough rinsing, my usual eye cream burned my eye area because it had become so irritated.

I used the rest of the product as a brush cleaner, and I found it that it worked well. It cleaned brushes thoroughly, and it smelled very nice. It's way overpriced for just a brush cleaner, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2003 7:14:00 PM More reviews by tamstrat

I really do like this product. Unlike a lot of Benefit products that make promises they don't live up to this product works well. I have very sensitive eyes and this product thus far has not bothered my eyes at all. It is expensive, but the bottle is pretty big. I love the smell too. I have not been using it too long so I will have to wait and see if it causes any btreakouts.