September 23, 2014 | 1836 users online

Palettes - Becca - Sateen Palette (Holiday 2007)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2008 7:23:00 PM More reviews by KathleenS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a gorgeous palette of neutral eye colors that are perfect for me - I am fair and blue-eyed. The formulations are very smooth and blend well. I would definitely buy it again but doubt I will ever run out - does anyone ever really run out of eyeshadow??? I bought it to take on a trip and it will be perfect for that. The darkest color will work for a night-time look and the other lighter colors will work well for days.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2008 6:43:00 PM More reviews by cyndiinphilly

I have to say I love this palette. It is the cooler of the two (Velveteen being warmer). Four great shadows and one cake e/l. At first, I didn't think the eyeliner really went with the shadows, but it does complement them well. Shadows are very smooth, go on nicely and are fairly long lasting. $55, which is a good price considering becca shadows retail for $24 each. The brush that's included is decent also

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2008 12:45:00 PM More reviews by sixxmum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this palette. Love it. For reference, I'm fair skinned, neutral with a slight lean toward __________ (I've been told warm and I've been told cool). The colors in this palette are mostly cool, with the exception of one of the shadows and the liner.

These shadows have a wonderful texture and just the right amount of sheen. I don't feel like a disco ball wearing them, but they aren't overly matte. The pigmentation is great. Becca shadows seem a little soft to me, so you do need to take care with your brush not to cause divets or lots of extra shadow powder floating around.

I only have 2 small complaints. First, the liner color has a good amount of red/orange undertone to it, so I don't find myself reaching for it often, but it's good paired with the right things (though not so much the other colors in the palette). Second, the packaging isn't my favorite. I don't love the Becca color scheme, but that is my problem. My issue with this palette is that the plastic gets wonky easily. The way mine was packaged in shipping, it arrived with a slight bend in the palette lid that made it refuse to snap fully. I was able to rebend it by putting hair ties around it, but I think it bends a bit easily which could be a problem.

I'm sure it will take me approximately forever to use this up, but if I ever did, I would want another.

Sateen is the top palette here:
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2008 10:43:00 AM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This a really beautiful palette of gorgeous neutrals! It is not inexpensive @ $55.00 but if you divided that by the 5 colors inside, it comes to $11 apiece and you can spend that one one color, even @ drugstore prices. I like this palette because it can be used for both an everyday neutral eye, or a smokey nightime eye depending on the combination of the colors you use. This includes Tussah, which I purchased on its own during the Sephora Becca Sale frenzy and it's included in this palette.

I also like it, dare I say, because these colors make my blue eyes pop and they are really nice for us more "mature" MUAers. This palette is a very sophisticated and ladylike palette as opposed to some of the more vivid ones out there and you can create a soft eye because these colors don't have a ton of glitter or shimmer, just a nice soft glow. You want a pretty doe eye, get this kit.

I will repurchase colors individually because this kit is LE.

Oh, and there shipping was super quick, I live in PA.

BECCA’s Sateen Palette includes a range of lush colours for soft, smoky eyes. With four Eye Colour Powders (Shimmer and Demi Matt) and one rich brown Compact Eyeliner, creating a refined, yet opulent look is easy. A convenient dual-ended liner/shadow brush is included for flawless application.

The Sateen Palette contains:

Eye Colour Powder (Demi-Matt) in Chantilly (lavender infused cream)
Eye Colour Powder (Shimmer) in Lamè (silver-mauve shimmer)
Eye Colour Powder (Demi-Matt) in Tweed (warm burnished brown)
Eye Colour Powder (Shimmer) in Tussah (antique gold)

Compact Eyeliner in Bambi (brown)
Dual-Ended liner/shadow brush

INGREDIENTS ARE:
Eye Colour Powder Ingredients: Talc, Mica, Zea Mays (Zea Mays (Corn) Starch), Synthetic Wax, Octyl Palmitate, Magnesium Stearate, Silica and may contain: [+/- Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Ultramarines CI 77007, Carmine CI 75470, Chromium Oxide CI 77288, Ferric Ferrocyanide CI 77510, Bismuth Oxychloride CI 77163, Mica]

Compact Eyeliner Ingredients: Eye Liner Compact: Talc, Kaolin, PVP, Aqua (Water), Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecanol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Laneth-40, Glyceryl Stearate, Ricinus Communis (Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Ricinoleate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax), Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax), Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Microcristallina Cera (Microcrystalline Wax), Cetyl Alcohol, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben and may contain: [+/- Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Ultramarines CI 77007, Ferric Ferrocyanide CI 77510].

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2008 7:35:00 PM More reviews by glossedup

************CLICK 'CONTINUED' FOR PRODUCT PICTURES AND SWATCH**********

Sateen is one of the limited edition palettes for Holiday 2007, retailing for $49USD/75AUD until the price increase in early 2008, at which point it increased to $55USD/90AUD. There's a bit of a pattern I went through with this palette - look at it longingly, agonize, try and scrape together money, fail to get it, rinse and repeat.

Finally, I got it - and it's everything I had hoped it would be. The colours are lush and buttery, and gosh, it's just so pretty :) I love it to bits and bits and bits. The colours are: Chantilly, Lamè, Tweed, Tussah and cake eyeliner in Bambi. The colours don't work together in this palette *as* well as the Velveteen, but it is gorgeous nonetheless. My favourite combo is probably Tussah on the lid, Chantilly on the browbone and inner corner with Lamè in the crease and a slick of black liner.

Becca retails for $42AUD/$24USD for a SINGLE shadow, and all the shadows in this palette are full size (all 1g/0.03oz). The liner is 1g/0.03oz too, and is meant to be used wet. Separately, the liner comes with a waterproofing liquid but I find that it sets well without sealant and doesn't smudge.

The outer packaging is classic Becca - slightly NARS-like plastic, and the inside is silver chrome with a decent sized mirror. Hard to keep clean but classy and really nice :D The brush that comes with is quite functional, I find the liner end especially nice.

I would definitely repurchase if I ever ran out! It's LE though so get yours quick.

I am NC25 (Studio Fix), C3 (MAC Face & Body), 30 (Chanel), 2 (MUFE Face & Body, winter) & OC02 (Lunasol Intellectual Powder foundation, winter)

Swatched in cool light. continued >>

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No