October 22, 2014 | 1931 users online

Eye Shadow - Rimmel - Colour Rush - 001 Smokey Noir

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Otterchilla

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

So, I loved this product. The package had multiple looks associated with it, you can do a simple silver eye, a white eyeshadow, a smokey eye, or a Kate Middleton look, all in one. The product's inexpensive, fun, and looks cool, and is easy to travel with. Love it!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by tango2470

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

the ratings on this product are on the OLD Rimmel smokey noir...Rimmel has renewed their line of eyeshadows...with a primer this is a really nice set of shadows. the quad includes: shimmery off white, soft silver, medium dove gray and deep charcoal, perfect for a quick smokey eye. Don't be discouraged by Rimmel's old eyeshadows which were unpigmented....they have stepped up their game :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2011 11:52:00 PM More reviews by purplesoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is not a good smokey eye palette. The colors are chalky, and while they apply nice and opaque, they run like crazy. If applied over a primer, they tend to crease and crack. I bought this with a discount from a coupon rimmel sent me, but I absolutely would not buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2011 2:42:00 PM More reviews by MzSiStarr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was one of my first DS smokey eye kits that I ever purchased. It does the job...the colors aren't overly pigmented but they all compliment each other. The colors are quite build-able so if you don't achieve the desired intensity try layering. The silver shade makes for a pretty highlight to the inner corners of your eyes. The black color is a little disappointing though but I think this is a nice quad for a novice to smokey eyes. I clicked No for buy again because I rarely use this anymore.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2010 8:24:00 PM More reviews by youcrazydiamond

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

These shadows are fairly chalky and not very pigmented. They're all very weak, dull, matte shades. Even the color that looks like a shimmer in the quad goes on matte. But that's not the worst part.The few times I used them, my eyes stung and burned so badly I actually had to go home and take my makeup off!! Never have I had a problem that severe with any eyeshadow... Those with sensitive eyes or contact lenses, I would say DEFINITELY PASS on these. They are very basic run-of-the-mill shades (black, silver grey, concrete grey, and dark grey) so you aren't missing out, and you can find far better drugstore brand shadows for the same price as these.

The only thing I found passable was the packaging. Just a simple clear-top plastic quad, but I appreciated the inclusion of a double-ended sponge tip applicator and I liked that each end had a different shape.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2010 3:25:00 AM More reviews by geishagirl47

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

i really like this colour, i fint it really good for when i want to give myself a little smoky eye and i got it for free which is always a good thing. not too bad.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 1:13:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this just for the black color, and that's really the only one I've ever used, so I can't speak for the rest... but even the black is disappointing. It is not highly pigmented at ALL and is hard to apply. Forget about trying to use it as an eyeliner. The grey colors are kind of blah to me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by valleychic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I know I'm in the minority but I really liked this quad. I find it very wearable. And the best part is that I can use all four shades. This quad consists of a matte black, a shimmery gray, a shimmery silver and a matte gray. For an everyday look, I use the shimmery silver as a base & a highlighter, the shimmery gray on the lid, the matte gray in the crease and I build it up for the outer V and I use the matte black as a liner. I don't do a smokey eye too often but when I do, this is the quad I reach for because although the colors are nicely pigmented, they come off a little light when you first apply them. I think this is a good thing because it allows me to build up the intensity. The colors apply smoothly and I have found that this quad is not as chalky as my Rimmel Smokey purple quad. Also, there is not as much fallout with smokey noir. I always use an eyeshadow base so I have no problems with the colors creasing or fading. I will buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 8:50:00 PM More reviews by chrisie

Awww,this got some bad reviews,but I actually gave it a chance & like it alot.I didn't want to go crazy trying to find the perfect *Smokey eyeshadows to achieve the look I was going for.The shadows went on really smoothly,when applying.The colors didn't fade & really liked the look~~

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2009 7:24:00 PM More reviews by sheenax3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The pigment was horrible, to get the full effect of the color you would have to apply it multiple times. There was a great deal of fallout also.