April 17, 2014 | 1836 users online

Treatments - The Body Shop - Vitamin C Supercharged Face Serum

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

First impression: though it does have that silicone-y feel I am pretty pleased with the product's performance. Although I have used only once it did leave a good impression on me. I have oily skin but am using benzoyl peroxide here and there in order to have a blemish free face. First I applied my new moistruizer (Sans Soucis Aqua Clear Skin) which I left to sink into my skin. Then I applied this serum sparingly (<1 pump), and on top of it my new foundation (Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation). This foundation doesn't control shine at all and I start to shine after two hours of wear time. By the end of the day my skin looks horrible, like an oil slick. But, combining with these two products, although I have had a sheen, the oil control was way better with these two products than with a random moistruizer and random primer. I am really happy that it did control oil so well and that my foundation lasted longer (worn it for 10 hr!!) which encouraged me to continue to start using it on everyday basis. I recommend it for everyone who has oily or combination skin who wears foundations "for all skin types" - that don't have (any) oil control. I took one lippie off because of that silicone feel since I am not fond of it. Comparing the silicone-y feel of this serum to Benefit's Porefacional has a more moistuizing sensation and iscnot as dry as that primer. Oh, and my foundation did glide nicer! So to sum the positives: makes you foundation go on nicer, prolongs the wear time, oil control is very good, has skin benefits according to The Body Shop.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 5:24:00 AM More reviews by zeynepd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Supercharged with silicones, that is what this product is. Gives a smooth surface but the use of silicones in skincare is at best dubious. Some people with sensitive skin prefer them in some expensive products because silicones form a barrier between the skin and outside conditions. However, some others find that silicones aggravate their skin troubles, clog their pores, break them out and whatnot. I am in this second group and do not want to be given silicones when I want something relatively nourishing. In either case, Vitamin C is difficult to work with -it is difficult to keep it stabile etc.

My mother lives in a village in the Mediterranean, regularly drinks fresh orange juice and despite her 67 years behind her, she has this tremendous glow on her face, especially under her eyes so much so that I told her that she overdid her frosty highlighter:)) Maybe, ı should not be lazy and try to consume oranges instead of chemical stuff from TBS.

I'm giving this an extra point simply because it would work as a primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Shipra86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I bought this on sale, expected way too much and ended up hating it instead.
I wake up wash my face and apply this, as I thought Vitamin C and fresh scents are best if used in day time for that extra boost that wakes you up along with ur skin. And I felt it was like any other primer/serums makeup related product. It felt nth and did absolutely nothing for me. It smells like a dollar store cheap product and is such a waste of money!
I ended up using this as a face primer before I apply my make up. The pump doesn't even works well, you have to keep pumping for one teeny tiny drop! Very disappointed!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This pretty much did nothing for my skin, and I found the smell too strong.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by deanna424

This is the worst product I've ever used. It went on smoothly and gave me a nice glow. But I woke up the next morning with cystic acne- which I never get! I had a scar on my face for the longest time. Turns out this stuff I full of silicone and other things that clog your pores.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2011 10:31:00 AM More reviews by nicotine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It does not absorb well into my skin and causes my skin to clog upon consecutive use of 3 days or so. I realize it contains silicone ingredients and thus have since stopped using on my face but on my legs instead. It did nothing much - no glow or radiance on my face during that few days of constant use in daytime.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by lovetomixitup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

ok so here I am at 49, with t-zone issues, and this stuff has created 3 lovely HUGE whiteheads on my face, one on the chin and 2 by my nose.....haven't had a zit in 20 years...used it for a week and I feel like a mid-life freak.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 9:11:00 AM More reviews by WhateverPeopleSayIAm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recommended this to a smoker friend because I know that their skins need more antioxident ingredients; mostly vitamin C and/or green tea.

She's applying it every morning before the moisturiser to combat free radicals and has told me that it's worked as her skin is more hydrated and less dull.

So, this is a very nice product for people who need to take care of their skin as they're active/passive smokers.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2010 3:47:00 PM More reviews by cmleon86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've tried soooo hard to like this product, but every time I begin using it again, it breaks me out. It smells amazing ( a very light citrus smell), and might make a good primer for some people. I would not recommend it if you are acne prone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2010 10:16:00 AM More reviews by ellathetiger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I use this serum daily as a primer under my foundation. It smells wonderful, and actually does brighten my complexion. I've been using it in conjunction with other Body Shop products and my skin has really improved overall.