November 27, 2014 | 1484 users online

Styling Products - Wella - High Hair Flat Iron Spray

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2013 1:33:00 PM More reviews by SickSexFix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm so sorry to bring down the rating for this product but it was absolute crap for me. I can't even finish the bottle. I keep trying it thinking it'll work one day but no. I think it has too much alcohol for my hair and really just dries it out!

I have thick, coarse, curly hair and this product just makes it sticky (at first) and drier after I'm done doing my hair. The ends of my hair are noticeably almost crunchy and stick together unattractively. It doesn't straighten out my curls as well as other (silicone-based) heat protectant products. My hair ends up frizzy and doesn't come out as smooth compared to other products.

It does give volume but smells strong and horrible like bug spray or cheap hairspray and I can still smell it in my hair after blow drying or flat ironing. The only pro is the packaging, I think I'll reuse the bottle if I ever get through this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 4:11:00 PM More reviews by LilLexy100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh lord, I love this stuff. Wella have recently changed the design of the bottle and I found a shop selling off the old designed bottles for under Ģ2....so I bought 5 bottles :-) That's how good it is. I usually pay full price for this at my hairdressers (my hairdresser recommended this stuff a couple of years ago and I've never looked back). I've tried many MANY! flat iron sprays and nothing comes close. This stuff makes your hair utterly beautiful and shiny and gorgeous and really does protect it from 230 degree heat. I've fried my hair before with hair straighteners and will never make that mistake again - and this spray really does help out! Seriously, forget all those cheaper flat iron sprays, get yourself to the nearest salon and splurge a bit of money on this. Even though I spray it every other day on towel dried hair, then dry my hair, then spray it again on the ends that I'm straightening, one bottle lasts a good 4 months which makes it rather economical. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2010 4:10:00 PM More reviews by azraelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I donīt straighten my hair that much anymore but everytime I do, I stick to this. I tried a few iron protectors but thisone beats them all, it DOES protect my frizzy, wavy hair and tames it down. It feels sticky at the beginning but once this dries down, you wonīt feel anything of that stickyness. Give this a try and once you did youīll never try anything else. It is a bit on the pricey side but itīs so worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2009 7:07:00 AM More reviews by ammsie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the point where I admit - I'm a bit of a slut. I spread myself around different flat-iron products like there's no tomorrow. I've been with GHD thermal spray, I've been with Matrix flat iron spray, with Kerastase Ciment Thermique, withTresemme (some one-night stands you just shouldn't own up to) and L'Oreal and Herbal Essenses and, oh, you name it, I've probably tried it. It's probably gathering dust and, dare I say it, mould in the boys bathroom (only the things I realllly love get promoted to *my* bathroom - go figure - or, for the creme de la creme - to my bedside cabinet. It's where I display the things that truly make me happy, and, I admit, beaut skincare, haircare and makeup does make me happy)

But this little beauty... ever since I laid eyes on it in the hands of my ex-hairdresser, I knew, *knew* it was to be mine. I searched for it, oh, I searched high and low. And when I found it a mere 3 weeks ago chillaxing oh-so-cool in the window of a local salon, I lunged for it with all my heart and not looked back. Not once.

You see, this is no mere mortal styling product. This is what mere mortal styling products aspire to be. It's what *you* want. It's what your GHDs want. It's what your hair wants. It's what you NEED.

My hair, once flyaway, wavy, rebelliously fine and with enough attitude to test the limits of the most resilient hairdresser, now lies silkily calm, smooth to the touch. It glistens in the sun and the most attitude it gives me is a stubborn refusal to tangle, no matter how often my boyfriend runs his fingers through it, no matter how rough I am with the hairdrier. I somewhat am infatuated with this product.

Shhh, don't tell my boyfriend.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2009 5:35:00 AM More reviews by kezz17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What can i say!! AMAZING!!
i have naturally very curly hair and this is the ONLY product after years of trying every other brand that works!
it leaves my hair feeling like ive just been to the hairdressers, makes hair soft, shiney and straight!! keeps my hair straight allday, which i love as i hate having any kinks!
seeing as my hair type i think this product would work for any hair type from wavy-curly. would reccommend i actually couldnt live without a bottle of this!

my hairdresser uses this and you can only buy it from salons, or ebay is where i get mine from!

it can be expensive, i think my local salon sells it at Ģ9 but so worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2008 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Yuufa

It works perfect for me, it really protects my hair :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2008 4:22:00 PM More reviews by doujima

the spray from the bottle is very fine, almost mist-like - feels very professional, easy to work all over. it has a light, pleasant "salon" type smell. feels a bit sticky when freshly applied, however, I let it dry before ironing and the stickiness disappeared. the ironed hair feels very sleek, soft, not stiff and looks quite shiny. it's not poker-straight however, still some waves left. (might be just my hair though. and I don't mind having bounce at all.) also, not much residue on the flat iron. good product overall - really the only good heat protection spray I've ever used (the 3 or 4 others I've tried were all so-so or just plain awful), hence the 5 lippies.