August 28, 2014 | 1712 users online

Mascara - Shiseido - Majolica Majorca Lash Enamel Glamour NEO mascara [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 1:56:00 AM More reviews by samology

Did I hear that this has been discontinued?! I absolutely adored this!

I have tried plenty of other mascara on the market, L'Oreal, Maybelline, ZA, Christian Dior & even though Christian Dior's Blackout came close, Majolica Majorca's Lash Enamel Glamour NEO is still my HG.

The comb applies the formula neatly & evenly, & it doesn't clump as much as those other mascaras with brushes tend to. After curling, I use Majolica Majorca's Base, then just a coat of this & it brightens up my eyes. My lashes are short & straight, so I can really see a difference. I have attempted to layer a few coats before & was asked once if I was wearing falsies, which I wasn't. :) The curl lasts all day, & doesn't smudge!

Lastly, as for the removal process - yes, it's tougher to remove than most mascaras but I use Fancl's Mild Cleansing Oil or Biore Cleansing Oil & they do the trick without much trouble at all.

I have 2 tubes which I am currently using (one at my house, one at my fiance's house) & I hope they last me a long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 9:13:00 AM More reviews by Querida

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I LOVE THIS MASCARA. I went through 10 tubes of this. Until I heard early last year that it was DISCONTINUED. DISCONTINUED! DAMN MM!

This one REALLY HOLDS A CURL WELL, and is glossy black. I have straight, sparse Asian lashes that cannot take most (if not all) Western formula mascaras bec they tend to weigh down my lashes (even after curling). So I was very happy with this mascara.

Of coz, it is also super waterproof, which is great bec in Singapore's humid and hot weather, practically everything melts and my skin is oily. The mascara stayed put with minimal smudging, if any. And at the end of a 12 hr day out, my lashes are still curled and lifted. Removal can be a pain bec of the formula, but nothing some cleansing oil can't handle.

I am soooo sad now that the mascara is discontinued. I have just ONE tube left from my trip to Japan in 2009. I have been trying the new version of the lash enamel neo (the volume on one) and it pales in comparison. My lashes don't stay as nicely curled and the brush (if it can be called a brush) sucks!

Time to break out my LAST tube. Sadness.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by amarock

I've heard of many rave reviews on this mascara so I tracked it down at a Sasa on my last trip to Hong Kong. The formula and application of this mascara is amazing. At first I was skeptical about the comb applicator but it really made the mascara apply evenly and thoroughly through my lashes. When I applied this to my curled lashes, it actually made my lashes MORE curled as it dried (and the curl lasts all day). The formula is a bit gel-like and quite wet, so it takes longer than normal to completely dry (had a tendency to smear if I comb through too soon). This mascara gives a mix of good volume and length, but the biggest plus is the long lasting formula. The wear of the mascara is like iron - as mentioned, this mascara does not budge... nor does it want to be removed at the end of the day. The best remover I've found to get all of this mascara off is the Mary Kay eye makeup remover.

Now, why I didn't give this review 5 stars is because it seems to irritate the heck out of my eyes. Whenever I wear this, the fumes or something makes my eyes so dry and fatigued. I can't really explain it, my eyes aren't itchy or anything, but I've never reacted this way to any other mascaras, waterproof or not. Whenever I stop using this mascara, my eyes are fine. So I stopped using this for a while, and then I had an idea - what if I layered this mascara with another one? I tested this out with my Bourjois Volumizer mascara (non-waterproof formula) as the base, and then a layer of the Majolica Majorca Lash Enamel Glamour Neo - and it worked really well! This mascara helped to give more definition to the Bourjois one, and helped to waterproof it without giving my eyes any irritation. I'll use it this way until I'm finished the tube but I wouldn't re-purchase.

I bought this in Hong Kong for approx $12 CAD which isn't too expensive for a higher quality mascara (consider drugstore mascaras go for around $9 these days). I would recommend this if you have sparse lashes that can't hold a curl very well, or find that most mascaras smear on you. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 12:33:00 PM More reviews by JadeNguyen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

On my 2nd tube & already bought the 3rd one. I have tried a couple of brands including hi-end like YSL to drugstore ones like Maybelline, L'Oreal, Cover Girl (so eager to buy those when I went to US - bought at least 5 tubes after watching reviews by the make up gurus on youtube but was greatly disappointed, they all clumps badly and do hold the curve at all). Nothing can be compared to this. It holds the curves, doesn't smudge, doesn't clump at all. Very natural! Oh and it's great for an overnight at boyfriend's place cos when I wake up, it looks almost the same!

The solution for the too waterproof mascara is to use Japanese make-up remover brands. I am using Cleansing Express Eye Make Up Remover, a Japanese brand too and it can melt this mascara easily!

Overall this is perfect for Asian!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2010 8:42:00 AM More reviews by blackmumboe

My HG mascara as this is AMAZING. I have tugged and rubbed at my eye so many times and this refuses to budge! After going through tons and tons of drugstore brand mascaras which promises thicker, longer, curlier lashes, I never bought another one from them upon discovering this. I'm asian and so we are renowned to have pathetic, sparse and short lashes. The comb wand applies the product decently and helps hold the curl in place. I predominantly like it for its pigmentation and that it's SO WATERPROOF that even water doesn't make it smudge. And it lasts ALL DAY LONG without ever needing to retouch.

Japanese mascaras however have a reputation for being incredibly difficult to remove. It's impossible for me to remove it using cleansing oil as I end up rubbing and tugging my eyes just to remove the traces of mascara and that annoys me a little. Especially on days when you're absolutely exhausted and wished cleansing oil would do a once-off job. Even with eye makeup remover, it takes a while before all remnants of it is off. It is fussy to remove and even though I wished something could be done to improve their formula, I'm not complaining even if it takes me extra time to remove because this thing ROCKS.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2010 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Sizbelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is their 3rd edition, i think. Their mascara are famous for hard to remove too. Can you imagine i ever wore their mascara for swim & true its really waterproof.. haha

It comes in their signature packaging, the tube design look kinda similar to their previous collection except:They added pink for this mascara design instead of the usual Black, gold or silver.

Something worth mentioning is their new wand design, which enable you to have lengthen & volumisinf effect with one mascara. You will have to apply step 1 for lengthening follow by the step 2 for volumising. I was quite skeptical about how this will work, but it did perform both functions. with one coat of the mascara, it lengthen my lash pretty well and hold them there in shape.

with 2 coat, the result is even more visible. you can see that my lashes are seperated rather than clumping together since it mentioned volume

It does curl pretty well and stay in shape till end of the day.
    Overall:

This is another mascara from majolica majorca collection but this time combine length & volume instead of their usual practice of one mascara for lengthening & another one for volume. It does work, but the dreadful part is removing. Even though i'm using Shu Uemura cleansing oil, it took me a bit of time to remove it. But on days when you are expected to stay outdoor for sports or travelling you might want to opt for this as your lashes can stay the same throughout the day. Price wise, its quite affordable, its selling approx SGD25.90 in Singapore. I would keep this in my mascara collection in case i need to stay outdoor for long period.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 9:55:00 PM More reviews by ririan

For an asian, I have pretty long lashes to begin with, but without any cosmetic assistance, they will all point straight down. so volumising and curling power are always what I look for in a mascara. The problem with a volumising mascara is that while it thicken your lashes, it will also weigh the lashes down, and that is not pretty in my opinion.

But this mascara is different!! It volumises my lashes in a natural (not dramatic) way, and most importantly, my lashes stay curl all day long, and I mean ALL DAY LONG - from 6am to 10pm!! this is just amazing! I have easily three tubes of backup in my drawer now! This is absolutely my HG mascara!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2009 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Surreal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Holds the curl, lengthen lashes, affordable, and never smudges.

Fantastic! Wish it could volumise more though. Also kind of hard to remove :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2009 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Absolutely

I like this a lot, I can't decide between Anna Sui's Super Waterproof or this one as my favourite. Anna Sui's is more natural for the daytime since it's not so glossy.

Both have minor smudging after a long day because they're waterproof and I have oily lids (I'd rather them be waterproof than oil-proof because my eye water up when I yawn). I like the comb effect but there is too much product on the comb so you'll have to wipe some off so there is less clumping. The effects are very nice, my lashes are dark, smooth and volumized. Don't expect it to be va-va-voom huge lashes but my lashes look thicker and darker, which is what I'm looking for. I wish I bought more when I was in Hong Kong because it's much cheaper there than buying it online.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2009 5:14:00 AM More reviews by ksychan

I tried Maybelline, L'oreal, Revlon, Sephora mascaras but none quite beat this one. It's my HG mascara and I love the comb and how easy the super-jet black mascara goes on and stays on the entire day with no smudges. Easy to remove with L'oreal's eye and lip makeup remover or with Fancl clenasing oil.