April 16, 2014 | 965 users online

Bronzers - Physicians Formula - Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Bronzer

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

This did not show up on my skin at all (NC25). . it looked like regular pressed powder, not bronzer. I couldn't even use it for contouring. It does also have a weird smell like others have mentioned in the reviews. Even my husband smelled the compact and when I asked him to describe the scent he said "a baby change bag. . or changing room smell - like talc and disinfecting wipes. . and not the lemon disinfecting ones!!" - yes that was his exact quote as I typed this. it's not a strong smell but you can definitely smell it on the brush when you apply it.

In all honesty, most make-up tends to have some mild smell or fragrance, and I can look past some minor issues occasionally when the product works. But this just doesn't. I wish it did show up on my skin because PF makes some excellent powders and this one looks cute, has nice packaging and is reasonably priced. I think if you are very pale this may work for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by hanali20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love that this is organic and i love the way they packaged this product. it is a nice matte finish bronzer that can easly be used to contour with. its a nice compact with leaves on it and a little brush inside that is honestly useless. the thing is, it has a funky smell. maybe its just mine or maybe it just bothers me more than it does to others. or maybe it could be the result of being an organic product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Jennifckerrr

*CRUELTY FREE!

Absolutely recommend.
If you want a natural-looking, matte bronzer to contour, this product is for you.
If you're going to use a fluffy brush to swipe this all over your face, you will look like you've been in the mud. This is not a product for all over face use. Choose a shimmery bronzer.

I love this product. The ingredients are natural, and it is affordable. I've been using Benefit's Hoola for years and stumbled upon this bronzer during a quick drugstore run before hopping on a plane to Asia. I've been wanting to find a dupe for Hoola for a long time because I use bronzers like a mad woman and run out SO fast. All the other bronzers I tried are either shimmery or orange-y.

Tested in the nasty Asian summer climate, stayed on my face all day long, through the sweat and heat. I haven't really been using Physician's stuff but I definitely will purchase more products if they all have the same great quality as this bronzer.

According to Physician's site: 100% Free of Harsh Chemicals. 100% Free of Synthetic Preservatives. 100% Free of Parabens. 100% Free of GMO's. 100% Free of Synthetic Colors. 100% Free of Synthetic Fragrances. 100% Cruelty Free.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by kate10662

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I am fairly pale, so wear bronzer everyday. I am also trying to switch to more natural cosmetics, so wanted to try this bronzer. I really like it. I have the shade for light skin. It is pigmented, easy enough to blend, and the color adds a glow to my face without looking too dark. The packaging is cute, although a bit bulky and not too durable. As a comparison, I think this bronzer is a bit lighter and more orange toned than NYC sunny, and the Organic Wear is more pigmented and easy to get on your brush. Mine does not smell at all, so I'm thinking some other reviewers might have an older formulation or an expired product. Overall, I would definitely repurchase this.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by tzeyien89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first Physicians Formula product I have ever owned. I saw this at TKMaxx and I was so excited as Physicians formula is not widely available here in the UK.I used a contour brush and brushed it on my hand to see how well the product comes out and its more like a highlighter...it gives a nice warm glow to the skin without it looking too shimmery.
HOWEVER, as great and blendable the product is...
it smells!
OMG. I have a thing for smelling products and this has a stench to it...I don't think I could put it on my face so close to my nose. I did read the negative comments on this product here and alot of people have said they don't like the smell. Sorry physicians formula. I love the colour and texture of the product but the smell needs to be changed. If I hear the smell has changed then I will definitely repurchase. But I think Im going to sell this...or give it away. Ew. So sad it's coming out of my make up draw =( I really hope my next Physicians Formula purchase is more worth it =(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by shalineko

I LOVE this bronzer. I'm a big fan of PF's organic pressed powders, and this is no exception. The packaging is horrendous, but I that's part of the eco-friendly pitch. All I know is that this bronzer is great for contouring and adding a healthy glow--it is easy to apply as long as you aren't trying to dig your brush into the product itself. It lasts all day and doesn't have too much sparkle of shimmer. HG bronzer.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by michaelannek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The lightest shade of this bronzer is perfect for me in the winter, it just gives a nice hint of a glow to my skin to keep me from looking next-to-death when I haven't gotten any sun time. It doesn't make me break out, and I love the little brush too. The packaging did break (it's made out of cardboard), but not where it interfered with the use or preservation of the product. I've been using PF bronzers for the last 10 years, and will definitely purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2012 12:46:00 AM More reviews by samanthurrrrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have a great bronzer that I love by ELF, but I get really tan in the summer time. I wanted a bronzer that made my face look a little more tan than it was without being orangeish. This bronzer was perfect for getting me really dark without using a lot. It's also great for a matte bronzer with no orange tint and no sparkles (as you know, bronzers are loaded with shimmer) So because of it's uniqueness of no shimmer and a dark shade, I am giving it 3 out of 5 stars. However, it's not the perfect product. I absolutely dislike the packaging. The lid is very flimsy and breaks easily for being priced around $11. I've broke it at least twice, and I am careful about these sort of things. Also, if this bronzer is stored in an area without moisture... it will dry out within the course of a season. I loved it all throughout the humid summer, but once September 21st came around, it got very hard and I had to press my brush against it to really get the color out. I won't complain that much though because it helped me all summer. Hope this helps.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by 3Mookie3

This is the perfect bronzer for me. I have the medium one. It gives me a healthy glow and doesn't make me look orange. It's a bit sheer, but I'm somewhat heavy handed, so it works for me. It has the perfect amount of shimmer as well, just enough. It's also talc free and free of other harsh chemicals. Everything tends to make me break out, so I have to be really careful of what I put on my face. The only things I hated about this are the packaging and the brush. The brush is useless. It's scratchy and the bristles fall out very easily. While I appreciate the packaging being more earth friendly, it is very flimsy, and I accidentally ripped it in half. :-( I ended up purchasing and empty compact to put it in so it would have a more sturdy home. Overall, I love this product and will repurchase when I run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by lollaleelu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I saw this bronzer on sale for 75% off, so I bought it just to try it out. You have to buy the case separately. I generally think this is a good idea to reuse a case if one were to repurchase. However, this is the STINKIEST product ever. I can't even put it on my face to test it out because it is soooo stinky. I put it on my brush, and now my brush is infected with the smell. Excuse me while I go wash it immediately.