Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Bronzer

3.3

Mica, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Kaolin, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Caprylate, Cinnamic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Hull Powder, Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Powder, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Ultramarines

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

The packaging is cute, is essentially why I purchased this at Ross on sale. Also came with the organic wear loose bronzing powder (I'll review that in another post) and was only like $9.99. I will say this is the most aweful bronzer I've found from PP, and any drugstore bronzer, at that. The bronzer itself is super hard to pick up with a brush, and even harder to swatch with your finger. When first applied, you pretty much have to layer it in order to get any color pay off. Let me get on with my #1 complaint..THIS STUFF SMELLS TERRIBLE! It's nothing like an old lady perfume terrible, more like walking around on circus grounds around the elephants and horses pens (I think you understand what I'm getting at) it smells like fresh animal droppings. This is the most disgusting smell in makeup I have ever smelled, and I have a pretty high tolerance for old lady smelling makeup. I highly suggest PP to take this off the shelf altogether, if they have not already. 0/5 for me, a waste of my money!

on 12/25/2014 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Love this bronzer, all natural and awesome! My skin never has a bad reaction or breakouts and I use it all over. Also use it to contour and as a midtone for eyeshadow too!

I have 2 of these, i prefer the one with the rose color pedals and bronze color, but both work fine for me. the smell is not the nicest. The packing is easy and b/c it's cardboard it helps to lessen the impact when you drop it on the floor so it's less likely to break. it blends okay and does not look dirty or muddy

on 5/1/2014 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this because it was one of the only non shimmery drugstore bronzers I could find. It does smell a little funny, but I only noticed it after I read the reviews and actively went and smelled it. Before that, I had not noticed. This is just too light of a bronzer to work for me and my skin is pretty light. It's like using pressed powder. If they made this in different shades, I might consider repurchasing.

on 12/15/2013 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This did not show up on my skin at all (NC25). . it looked like regular pressed powder, not bronzer. I couldn't even use it for contouring. It does also have a weird smell like others have mentioned in the reviews. Even my husband smelled the compact and when I asked him to describe the scent he said "a baby change bag. . or changing room smell - like talc and disinfecting wipes. . and not the lemon disinfecting ones!!" - yes that was his exact quote as I typed this. it's not a strong smell but you can definitely smell it on the brush when you apply it.

In all honesty, most make-up tends to have some mild smell or fragrance, and I can look past some minor issues occasionally when the product works. But this just doesn't. I wish it did show up on my skin because PF makes some excellent powders and this one looks cute, has nice packaging and is reasonably priced. I think if you are very pale this may work for you.

on 10/7/2013 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

i love that this is organic and i love the way they packaged this product. it is a nice matte finish bronzer that can easly be used to contour with. its a nice compact with leaves on it and a little brush inside that is honestly useless. the thing is, it has a funky smell. maybe its just mine or maybe it just bothers me more than it does to others. or maybe it could be the result of being an organic product.

on 8/15/2013 11:24:00 AM

*CRUELTY FREE!

Absolutely recommend.
If you want a natural-looking, matte bronzer to contour, this product is for you.
If you're going to use a fluffy brush to swipe this all over your face, you will look like you've been in the mud. This is not a product for all over face use. Choose a shimmery bronzer.

I love this product. The ingredients are natural, and it is affordable. I've been using Benefit's Hoola for years and stumbled upon this bronzer during a quick drugstore run before hopping on a plane to Asia. I've been wanting to find a dupe for Hoola for a long time because I use bronzers like a mad woman and run out SO fast. All the other bronzers I tried are either shimmery or orange-y.

Tested in the nasty Asian summer climate, stayed on my face all day long, through the sweat and heat. I haven't really been using Physician's stuff but I definitely will purchase more products if they all have the same great quality as this bronzer.

According to Physician's site: 100% Free of Harsh Chemicals. 100% Free of Synthetic Preservatives. 100% Free of Parabens. 100% Free of GMO's. 100% Free of Synthetic Colors. 100% Free of Synthetic Fragrances. 100% Cruelty Free.

on 6/28/2013 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I am fairly pale, so wear bronzer everyday. I am also trying to switch to more natural cosmetics, so wanted to try this bronzer. I really like it. I have the shade for light skin. It is pigmented, easy enough to blend, and the color adds a glow to my face without looking too dark. It also has decent staying power. The packaging is also cute, and I haven't had any issues with it falling apart, despite that it's made from cardboard. As a comparison, I think this bronzer is a bit lighter and more orange toned than NYC sunny, and the Organic Wear is more pigmented and easier to get on your brush. Mine does not smell at all. Overall, I would definitely repurchase this.

on 1/3/2013 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is the first Physicians Formula product I have ever owned. I saw this at TKMaxx and I was so excited as Physicians formula is not widely available here in the UK.I used a contour brush and brushed it on my hand to see how well the product comes out and its more like a highlighter...it gives a nice warm glow to the skin without it looking too shimmery.
HOWEVER, as great and blendable the product is...
it smells!
OMG. I have a thing for smelling products and this has a stench to it...I don't think I could put it on my face so close to my nose. I did read the negative comments on this product here and alot of people have said they don't like the smell. Sorry physicians formula. I love the colour and texture of the product but the smell needs to be changed. If I hear the smell has changed then I will definitely repurchase. But I think Im going to sell this...or give it away. Ew. So sad it's coming out of my make up draw =( I really hope my next Physicians Formula purchase is more worth it =(

on 1/1/2013 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE this bronzer. I'm a big fan of PF's organic pressed powders, and this is no exception. The packaging is horrendous, but I that's part of the eco-friendly pitch. All I know is that this bronzer is great for contouring and adding a healthy glow--it is easy to apply as long as you aren't trying to dig your brush into the product itself. It lasts all day and doesn't have too much sparkle of shimmer. HG bronzer.

Popular Bronzers