December 21, 2014 | 1789 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Iridescent Pressed Powder - Belightful

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by amyers2

As far as highlighters this stuff is the jam!
- - -
Pros - golden pink pressed powder highlights. long lasting. the product itself will never run out. gives a soft glow (when applied correctly!). Comes with mirror in the compact.
- - -
Cons - Glitter. Overkill. Also - $$.
- - -
Overall - this is a fun product definitely meant for nights out or casual parties. I use a little bit in the corner of my eyes (tear duct) and it makes them seem bigger. I also sometimes use a soft sweep of it across my cheekbones. Like another user I tap my blush brush into it and then blow on the top to get the excess glitter off. It then gives cheeks a healthy glow. Again: use this product lightly unless you want to look like a disco ball.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by jillheartsmakeup

This is a great product! I have medium coloured skin, sort of olivey, and this looks really nice on my skin-tone. It's a pink base with bronze-gold sparkles. I don't recommend patting this all over the face, because that might be a bit much. I use this product on my cheekbones and under my eyebrows as a highlight. It looks so pretty at nightime or on a summer night! I really love this! And you get a whole containter, it's gunna last forever so it's worth the money. Thanks MAC for this wonderful product :)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by 04riiaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love MAC's Iridescent Loose Powder, so I decided to give the pressed one a try. But I did not like it as much.
Waaay too glittery for me. For something I do not use at all, CAD27$ was not worth it. I will definitely be swapping it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2009 3:43:00 AM More reviews by atbmeg

Pretty good, nothing to rave about. I use it here and there. I do not buy a lot of highlighters so I have no comparison to go by

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Gothoria

the main reason y I got this product was that it was mt first MAC iridescent, & I've heard many good reviews about MAC's iridescents so i was pretty exceited, here is my review:
***Winner Points
- the color is gr8 and it gives a nice glow under the sun especially f ur tanned.
- good for parties or wheneva u want glitter on ur face.
***Downsides:
- it has big amount of glitters in it, so f u hate glitter on ur face dnt get it.
- f u suffer from big pores stay away from it as it'll tend 2 make ur pores look bigger.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2009 8:50:00 PM More reviews by evangelz

I really do not like this highlighter. It makes my pore look so large, I thought i 'd need some wall putty to fill it up. And I don't even have large pores to begin with.. I plan to swap this away, send me a message if you want to swap, I won't be picky at all.. :P

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2008 2:04:00 PM More reviews by InlovewithSmashbox

I am really happy with this highlighter. I thought at first I was going to hate it because of all of the glitter. I learned that if you blow on the brush before you put it on your face, you get rid of a lot of the glitter. Then you are left with a nice glowing look. I brush it on my cheeks, my nose and just a little all over. I have gotten so many compliments since I started using it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2008 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Venividibitchy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this in the FAFI-pressed-variety, and though the packaging is quite cute, I was a bit disappointed in the product itself.

The finish is more glittery than shimmery, and doesn't provide much of a highlight on my NW15/20ish skin. It barely shows up at all. I bet that it would look nice over a very matte blush (and may even make a very dark blush more subtle and natural), but I could see how it could easily bring you into the realm of disco-queen, if you layer it over something more refractive.

I also find that the mill of the powder is loose, despite it being pressed, so the compact itself (and my cosmetic area/shirt) was an absolute mess after use. Your mileage in this aspect may vary, seeing as I could've gotten a "dud" from the CCO.

All in all, it caused my sensitive skin no adverse skin reactions, lasted all day, and will be put to good use -- I simply had different expectations.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2008 1:55:00 PM More reviews by love2buymakeup

I love this highlighting powder. It is a very nice goldy color. I use it more for night or the summer, but it gives a very nice shimmer

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2008 12:25:00 AM More reviews by elsier

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a pretty old-gold bronze (more gold than bronze really) color that I can use lightly as a blush. I'm thinking it'll look even better in the summer. If you're naturally tan all year round this would make an excellent bronzer. The packaging is cute, but not particularly sturdy. I dropped this powder, while it was still in it's box, and the product in the pan had chipped a little bit. This makes me think it would be too fragile and messy to carry around in your bag. I wouldn't purchase this one again even if it was available in the future just because of the flimsy packaging. Having said that I am thinking of picking up the pink version, Sassed Up, or maybe just trading this one in. It would make a better winter blush on me.