April 18, 2014 | 1850 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Lumene - Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover for Eyes and Lips

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2014 8:31:00 AM More reviews by Solfire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It does the job. I use it to remove waterproof mascara and brow gel.

My only complaint is that it can be harsh for those with sensitive skin. The first time I tried it I felt a slight burning sensation on my eyelids for a few seconds. When I woke up the next day my left eyelid was irritated and red. That only happened after my first use though. I've continued to use it and it hasn't happened again.

Overall an okay product because it does what its supposed to, but not really suitable for those of us with really sensitive eye areas. It's not likely that I'll buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 3:23:00 AM More reviews by pictureperfect09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow, what a godsend this is! I don't think I could ask for a better eye makeup remover.

There's not a single product I use this doesn't wipe away with ease, and I use a lot of waterproof or long-wearing formulas. I don't need to scrub my cotton ball around my eye trying to get every last bit like with other drugstore formulas (looking at you, Neutrogena). Not sure why so many people refer to Neutrogena as a dupe for Bi-Facil; It is nowhere near as easy to remove. Lumene is more like it. My favorite thing about this is it doesn't leave a greasy residue! That's the one thing I dislike most about Bi-Facil.
So considering it doesn't have that downside or high price, Lumene is perfection!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by lashandbrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Removes Covergirl waterproof mascaras.

Bi-facil dupe.

I've used both. Just saying.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 8:34:00 AM More reviews by brieirishmeg

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Works great on waterproof mascara, low price and gentle on skin. Not greasy.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by aquasense

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I've used many different types of waterproof eye makeup removers. And this one is nothing special.

cons: This product stings my eyes, makes my mascara flake off when removing instead of melting it off. doesn't efficiently remove all my mascara off, even some smudging after i wash my face. dries out the skin around my eyes.

Pros: no oily residue, cheap, non-leaky packaging, small opening to control amount of product you dispense.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by ohdrdoctor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

It's been a long time since I've used a traditional eye makeup remover. I've used Lancome and Clinique successfully in the past before graduating to cold cream and coconut oil in an effort to pamper my skin. To be honest, non of these things worked nearly as well as Lumene. It can be a bit oily but I use a gentle face wash to remove any residue. Fantastic!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by rb1313

I'm thinking of returning my bottle - like some of the reviewers have stated, it BURNS!
Great price, and it does the job of removing my eye makeup, but for me, the burning sensation isn't worth it.

I also had trouble of keeping the two liquids mixed. It separates immediately. At first I thought the burning sensation must be because I didn't shake it well enough, but even after a good 30 seconds of shaking (yes, I counted) it started separating as soon as I set my bottle down, and it still burned my eyes :(
Too bad it didn't work out for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by LexValter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So far I really like this product, it takes off eye makeup easily without a problem and doesn't dry out the skin around my eyes, which is a problem I have with most waterproof eye makeup removers. Some other reviewers say that it burns their eyes or clouds their vision, but I haven't noticed anything like that. The only complaint I have is I'm not a big fan of the packaging, it feels very cheap and I'd worry about it spilling if I ever brought it on a trip with me. It's also not available in a lot of drugstores, I was only able to find it online, although the local Ulta carried it until recently.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by mink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought it based on the high rating on MUA and the number of good reviews, but I'm very disappointed to say this product absolutely did not work for me. I shook the bottle before each use as per the directions, but it was completely ineffective in removing even the most basic eye makeup (not even waterproof) and I *always* had to follow up with another product to get all the makeup off. I gave it a real chance and used up half the bottle (intermittently, since it really tried my patience), but today I tossed the rest of the product down the sink. Maybe I got a defective product? I would give it zero lippies if I could.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by BellaNotte

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't imagine ever using anything else ever again. This stuff, in my opinion, works better than Bi-Facils, is less oily than Bi Facils, and is a third of the cost. It doesn't irritate my eyes in the least and is fast and effective. I'd never heard of it before, I just picked it up on a whim at Ulta a couple weeks ago. So glad I did!