December 21, 2014 | 1112 users online

Eye Shadow - Lancome - Ombre Absolue Radiant Smoothing - Erika F 113

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by ilovejp

One of if not my favourite eyeshadow that I've ever owned. That's quite a statement but it is beyond gorgeous. It's an olivey, silvery but gold at the same time, pewtery shadow and it's amazing on my skin tone and with my eye colour (green/hazel). It's so nice! I would highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by mizzcindy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

So I got this after reading numerous raving reviews about this little pot of e/s, mostly out of curiousity. We can buy this everywhere in the Netherlands, but I've never been a big fan of Lancome e/s.
To me, it looked like a really pretty and extremely sparkly silvery green, it reminded me of MAC Smoke and Diamonds (LOVE) and also Chanel's Epatant. These colours are totally up my alley, so I didn't hesitated to buy it, even though I didn't think it was all that different from what I already owned.
I actually forgot about this but then when I was in a hurry one morning (being a mum of three toddles I'm always in a hurry) I slapped this on my lids, put on some mascara and blush and left it at that.
When I drove my kids to daycare, I almost crashed into another car just because I couldn't stop staring at my eyes in the back mirror and the effect this e/s had on my eyes. And I tell you, I am really not a person who loves looking at herself, especially in the morning with just a few hours of sleep, so this says a lot!
The colour of this very hard to describe... greenish, goldish, silvery shimmery (pewter maybe) e/s makes my eyes pop and almost bright green. I have blue/ grey eyes with tiny brown specks which can make them look green when wearing certain colours, but I've never seen this huge transforming effect.
Also, the shimmer doesn't make my eyes look wrinkled or old, even though I'm thirty-something (well... actually almost-forty) and gravity starts to have an effect on my features. But this makes my eyes shine and diffuses the light in a way that my first wrinkles are almost invisible. Yay, I actually look younger!
It's in the same colour family and as sparkly as Chanel's Epatant but darker and therefor easier for me to wear. Smoke and Diamonds turned out to be more brown and purple and I am very happy that this is really a unique colour.
Because it's so sparkly maybe some of you find this more appropriate for evenings, but I love this so much on me so I wear this all the time.
As for packaging and texture: nice packaging, I love the little rose imprint. The powder is very smooth, good colour payoff and great to apply. No need for a primer, etc.
This is great e/s and the colour is phenomenal, at least I think it is. I'd defenitely buy this again because I this is HG for me!!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Luxe and gorgeous antique gold-taupe-olive metallic shimmer. Pigmented and creamy, easy to work with, looks great and lasts well without primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2010 9:31:00 PM More reviews by msdurden08

I bought it in Jeweled Aubergine and I just love it. You can use the eyeshadows wet and the pigments are very intense. They're sparkly without being too glittery and flattering on my skintone even though I can't normally wear anything with reddish undertones. They're longlasting and blending easily. My favorite powder eyeshadow that I've found so far.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2010 5:37:00 AM More reviews by wonderbuy

I find the hype surrounding this to be just that. This is a very sparkly plantinum. I find the mineral powders from various internet cosmetic companies to be far better in texture and colour. There is no multi-dimensional effect, it only has a slight taupe tint. It is not complex by any means and you can get the effect plus a lot more from numerous shadows from about face, meow, etc. Without primer there is serious fall out and I find the formula too gritty. It isn’t smooth or creamy like many pigments or shadows that I own. I prefer MAC smoke and diamonds which is finer in texture and not glitter filled.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2009 3:19:00 PM More reviews by trew

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous Unique eyeshadow, wet look shimming platinum shade with a hint of olive green. Classy and noticable but not screaming Glittery.

Less olive than the loreal dupe- dazzling khaki and a deeper more intense wet look shade.

I like this on the outer v in a smokey eye or on top of a neutral taupe eye to transform it into a nighttime look.

It will work with cool or warm tones.

Applies like silk but does need a primer- i have hooded eyelids -not particularly greasy and on bare lids this has only about 4 hours staying power on me. But over UDPP its lovely.

The texture is a LITTLE on the soft side and i was expecting it to be a touch firmer because if i use the sponge or a firm brush the shadow crumbles easily and as such this will get used up quite quickly- texture is very similar to that of shiseidos majolica majorcas single ES.

Square black container with the lancome gold flower in the corner, decent mirror in the lid for an eyeshadow the sponge apllicator is far to harsh for tis soft buttery shadow and makes it crumble.
Would buy again but is my most expensive eyeshadow.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2008 1:34:00 PM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Erika F, on me, is a glittery dupe of Shu Uemura ME Brown 851, although the Shu is ever so slightly more taupe. On me, Erika F is a greyish taupe with a smidge of green. I am normally scared of the slightly green colors as they wash out the green in my eyes. However, I do love the color (just as I do love the Shu) and think it looks great as a wash. Like other reviewers have said, you can do Erika F cool or warm, I have done both and both look great. If you are into glitter you can also dress Erika F. up or down. For those of you who cannot get Erika F, or if you don't like obvious glitter, I do recommend the Shu. I will buy this again for the drama and versatility. I only have one complaint: this powder has no staying power whatsoever without an eyeshadow base or paint underneath, and I don't have particularly oily eyelids, which is why I only give it four lippies (the Shu is much better in this regard). I have worn BB Aqua cream shadow under this to turn it grey, and Shu Uemura cream shadow in Suou to turn it brown. Finally, if you have UDPP or another primer, this is a great liner. I actually like the way it lines better than the Shu and it adds just a smidge of drama to my everyday look without being ott.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2008 4:12:00 PM More reviews by cyndiinphilly

This color is just stunning. Deceivably simple in the pan, it is very complex on the eye. You can use it with warm colors (retrospect) and it plays warm or use it with cool (clue) and it goes that way. Beautiful texture and lasting ability. Hope we get it in the US

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2008 6:38:00 PM More reviews by mcorreia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Wow!! Never found a pressed e/s with such texture, gives sort of wet look that I'm truly in love with. The silvery shimmer particles aren't chunky or overpowering all, much on the contrary, they give an extremely elegant look. The eye shadow is self-sufficient on its own, i just added a brownbone highlighter with similar texture (Bare Escentual Celestine).
Regarding color i agree with the "grey/olivey/silverish" description already made by previous reviewers for the Colorfocus version of this!!
In Europe its reference goes by #133-G40
Up-Date: after a fellow mua-er recommendation, i tried MAC Plumage e/s as liner paired with Erika F. (kept the black khôl application in the water line) and i must say the result is amazing!
continued >>