October 24, 2014 | 923 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Single Eye Shadow - Lanikai

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by mialovecupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was my very first NYX eyeshadow and I was super excited to try it out. I swatched it at the store and it came off so bright and beautiful. I assumed it would look the same on my eyes. When I actually used it, though, it only looked bright and pigmented when I packed it on my eyelid. When I tried to blend, it faded right away. I had too high of expectations for this and I was a bit disappointed. As other reviewers have mentioned, it may look better a) wet, b) with a blue base coat or c) as a sheer blue. It is a great shadow colour if you would like a sheer blue but do not be mistaken by the colour it looks in the pot. I would not buy this particular colour again - first of all because I do not wear blues often and second because you get a lot of shadow (for a good price) so it will last me forever. I can't wait to try out other NYX shadows - I won't judge them based on this one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 11:52:00 PM More reviews by dtm428

I have several NYX Eye Shadow pots. This is the only one where the color is gorgeous in the pot, but terrible color transfer to the lid. No matter what I do, the color ends up uneven - even when I use a primer. Eye shadow shouldn't take this much effort to get even coverage.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2009 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Thugluvgrl187

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this e/s and was not too thrilled. It is very powdery and the pigmentation is terrible. I put on several coats and it still wasn't very visible. If you want a sheer shadow go for it otherwise refrain from purchasing this.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2009 2:41:00 AM More reviews by amz410

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love the nyx shadows, this one is not my favourite. The colour is beautiful but like other people ahve said, it is not very pigmented. However, I found that if you wet your brush slightly before applying it, and your prime your lids, you can layer it to give you quite a lot of colour. Give it a go, I think it can look pretty good when teamed up with nyx black (in the corner of the eyes) and either a shimmery white or light yellow for the inner corners.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2009 4:25:00 PM More reviews by yumcheesy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

most beautiful blue ever

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2008 2:58:00 AM More reviews by turkey2083

Great color, blends well, cheap! <3

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2008 1:11:00 PM More reviews by dbp1515

Like the other reviewers below, I think the pigmentation on this is a miss for NYX. Usually I love their eyeshadows (I have a bunch of the trios), but for some reason this one goes on more powdery and less pigmented. It can be built up by pressing the shadow onto the lid instead of sweeping it, but it is kind of a pain. I haven't applied it wet yet, so I will update if that changes anything. The color is beautiful and goes on similar to the pan color, but since the pigmentation is sorely lacking, I doubt I will buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2008 1:47:00 AM More reviews by Hillarryyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Beautiful bright blue color, not so great in applying. It takes alot of layering to even slightly appear. Waste of money, do not buy.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2008 6:58:00 PM More reviews by rosefax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of the only NYX shadows that I've had a problem with so far. It has a completely different texture than the other ones and you have to really swirl your brush around to get any product. Plus, to get it to have pretty much any color payoff I had to use a blue base, which is fine but I normally like shadows where you only have to use a colored base to get it to be brighter or enhance the color. It's a pretty color, though, a kind of light indigo, so it's worth it, but I wouldn't purchase it again.