April 25, 2014 | 1109 users online

Hair Color - Clairol - Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2014 5:26:00 AM More reviews by Chloeluckin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this to get the brassy tones out of my hair in shade light ash blonde. It did absolutley nothing. It was crap and I would not repurchase. Plus, the comb thing on the end of the dye bottle is just not good.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Theeunborn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had picked up Perfect 10 in shade Lightest cool brown 6.5, I've been trying to get somewhere to my natural hair color for quiet sometime now, till tonight I finally got it and I'm very happy! My hair before I dyed it was ombre, which was a mistake, I didn't dye my hair ombre on purpose. So after that disaster it was redish brown and the ends were a light golden brown (what the heck, right?lol) So I stuck with it for two weeks, conditioned the poop out of my hair and pamperd it. Now my hair is pretty close to my natural hair color that I love.

The packaging, I didn't really like, it was sorta' hard to open and theres too much plastic packaging. Its nice that they give you an option of using the comb or the tip applicator, the forumla was runny so you had to work fast or you'd get it all over yourself. The smell was very strong, I couldn't really breath but its chemicals, what can you expect, right folks?! lol.

During the process my scalp was burning and itching. The conditioner that they provided you was decent. Nothing too special. All in all, I would buy this again, and I'm planning on buying another box very soon to hang onto. The prices vary depending which store you buy it from. I know at Walmart, here in Canada, its about ten bucks, which isn't too bad. But, I had picked this box dye up at a random drugstore and paid fourteen bucks. I don't mind paying alot for a box dye if it promises results, and it did.

I think for now on, I'm going to stick to Perfect 10. I'm glad I tryed it out, I was very against it before, I'll be honest! I had heard it would wreck the hell out of your hair and do nothing. My Mother whos fifty yrs old told me that she loves perfect 10 and swears by it and it workes on her stubborn grey hairs.

Another color thats VERY close to this is Nice n easy 114 Natural light ash brown. Compaire both swatches on Google and check it out. So thank you Clairol for the promising results. I will tell my family/friends about this dye if there interested in coloring their hair! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by PinkPuma

I accidentally grabbed this in a medium brown shade when I meant to grab the dark brown, so I was leary about trying it since the last dye I used only seemed to dye the crown and random strands of hair. I decided to try it since a lot of reviews claimed that it ran darker than it was supposed to and it actually did, it seems to be a dark brown. It still only really dyed the crown and random strands of hair. I think my native american heritage keeps my hair from lightening properly, but it doesn't look all that bad actually. Anyhow, the comb attachment is very messy so I took it off and used the nossle. It has a VERY strong smell that lasted even after all of it was rinsed and the conditioner was applied. I think I can still smell it even after a few days and shampoo. The color is good but it's just so messy and I don't like the strong smell so this is a never again purchase

UPDATE: The color fades very quickly

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by wheaty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bought this in Medium Ash Brown to cover the reddish color that I dyed my hair last month. Unfortunately, it did not take the red out. In fact, my hair seems to have more red highlights. Waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by yazmin77

I normally purchase the medium ash brown to get rid of my brassy tones, I applied and leave on for ten minutes and I always get a beautiful dark brown result which looks very natural and healthy, it never damages my hair and gets rid of all the brassy red and orange tones on my mid toned brown hair, a very good product and colour that I always get back to, Shame I can't find the shade.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Xzarex

So I've been a DIY person for a while now and I figured that I would try this "Prefect 10" colour since they say that the colour is completely perfect and has multiple tones. Naturally when I bleach my hair it goes orange and I usually use a simple "light ash blonde" colour and it does the trick perfectly.
Well my experience with this product was horrendous. My hair was moderately damaged from over bleaching but this product took my hair from a little frazzled to crinkled and split ends. I should have known how harsh this was just by how warm my head was. Even the colour was less then satisfactory since I did buy the ash blonde colour I was expecting my hair to NOT be golden in the end, man was I ever disappointed! Never again will I use a Clairol hair colour.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2013 7:59:00 AM More reviews by curlylaura

I used 9A Light Ash Blonde. I was hoping to match my roots to the already bleached highlights I had done at the salon and can't afford to get redone. I had previously used a standard Nice 'N Easy. Perfect 10 says it reduces red tones because it's an ash shade. Ummm, no. It brought ALL my red tones out whereas a standard Nice 'N Easy shade with the same statement doesn't. And it didn't cover my few grey hairs. I've also noticed that it's hard to find even if I wanted to try it again. I'll go back to normal Nice 'N Easy. Pretty cool that it works in 10 minutes though.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2013 7:50:00 AM More reviews by LauraJM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used this awhile ago when i prelightened my hair, i chose a medium chocolate auburn colour. I have to say that the colours from this brand are the best colours out of all the home dye brands i have tried possibly 90% of them home colour brands over the years. Nice n easy is by far the best. Now the downside... It fades very quickly BUT my hair a few years ago WAS bleached (pre-lightened) to get the jet black hair dye out that i had sported for about 10 years. So my hair was chemically treated and most people know that when you apply colour to heavily chemically treated hair there are two possible outcomes 1./ either the colour will grab like a monkey to its mother onto the chemically treated parts because it is porous (dry) and will suck up the colour like sponge OR 2./ The colour will go into the hair shaft of the chemically treated parts and fall right back out again after a few washes due to the protective layer that should seal after colouring being damaged due to things like bleaching and perming. No2 is what happened to me, before i was knowledgable on these things. So now of recent years I havent tried Perfect 10 on my hair its not been messed about with lots of chemicals since then but i must say that Perfect 10 to me is just a watered down version of the Nice n Easy original brand, it just has a few more warmer colours to choose from. Those colours are gorgeous dont get me wrong yummy chocolatey colours they do have ...but to get "the whole packege deal" go for the original Nice and Easy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

Love this! Makes my hair glossy, no damage. Works in just 10 minutes. You can really smell the ammonia at first but then when you blend it with the peroxide, it smells really nice. They give you a TON so if you have longer hair, this would be good for you. Mine is almost to my shoulders and I had way too much leftover. I probably should have only used half the kit. Next time I'll know. The only bummer is a lot of stores in my area have this on clearance. I did a live chat with Clairol and they're not discontinuing it but fewer stores are going to carry it. I wonder what the stores are going to replace this with? I'm scooping it up wherever I find it.

Right now it is winter and I like being an ash brown in the winter, for some strange reason. I'm using 5A which is a medium ash brown. It doesn't pull too dark...pretty true to the shade on the box. It's also a green ash if you were wondering. I'll go red in the summer like I always do so I should pick up a couple boxes of red too.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by jennybabex

I use this product to colour my mothers hair which has grey roots. I found this was a really good product!! even her hairdresser asked what colour was used and she regularly gets compliments on it! The directions are clear and the product is easy to use. The bottle comes with a comb making it easier to apply evenly on the hair. there is a wide variety of shades and there is plenty of product in the bottle. comes with conditioner which leaves hair super shiny.