December 19, 2014 | 1614 users online

Blush - Everyday Minerals - New Car Smell

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

'New Car Smell' is such a cute blush. It's a peachy/coral/pink mix that would suit many skin tones. I have a very pale complexion (cool) and this doesn't look too bright and garish. Instead it gives my face a healthy glow. It looks lovely with my freckles. Pigmentation is great - shake a little into the lid and it should be enough for both cheeks. I can detect a tiny bit of shimmer, but it's very slight. I checked in day light and it was barely noticeable.

I have the sample size and it was sitting in my makeup collection all sad and lonely. I had a sort through the other day and put it aside to throw out. I'm so glad that I decided to give it another go before binning. What was I thinking? I'm like that sometimes... too hasty to get rid. I've lost a lot of decent products that way! Oops. But yay for rescuing. :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by brownsugarncutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My order finally came in today! I've been so excited for this blush since I am in search of a peachy everyday blush. In the past, I thought that peach blushes would not look good on me and only wore pinks but recently, I changed my mind...I think peaches are more natural on me! Anyways, this blush looks like a light beige shade in the package but when swatched on my hand, it looks more like a shimmery peach shade. I am really happy with this color because it's a beautiful color with subtle shimmers. I prefer blushes with a bit of fine shimmer in them in comparison to matte shades. I can't wait to try this on my cheeks tomorrow! I will update.

UPDATE:
The pigmentation of this blush is great, just like most of the other EDM blushes. I would describe the color as a shimmery peach with a very tiny bit of pink in it. It's a very pretty shade and it looks great on my skin! The shimmers are very fine so they are not obnoxious and gives a pretty sheen where the blush is applied. I've been wearing this everyday since I got it in the mail and have found that it lasts the entire day. Yes, it does fade but I can still see it at the end of the day so it has good staying power. It looks naturally beautiful on my skin and I am very happy with this blush. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by piecesofpurple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received this color in a swap and I absolutely love it! I'm a big fan of Snuggle, which to me seems like a peachy color with a tiny hint of pink in it. When you compare Snuggle to New Car Smell, you can see that New Car Smell is the straight up peach version with a hint of coral. I was afraid it would be too orange on my very pale, warm skin (EDM's Golden Fair), so I never bought it, which is why I wanted to swap for it instead. I'm so glad I did because it's a very wearable peachy shade with just the right amount of sheen to make your cheeks look like they're glowing from within. The color is not overwhelming, which is what makes it so wearable for pale skinned women. This would be great for summer and the fall.....or all year around!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2011 7:17:00 PM More reviews by carolmuncy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is my definitive peachy/orange blush. I have a light/ neutral skin tone and it works wonderfully. It was one of the first blushes I received from EM, and it was enough to make me come back for more.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2011 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Egonise

Received this blush today, and had to try it right away. The color didn't look that appealing just by looking at it in the jar because it wasn't as "fresh" or "bright" as I expected it to be (I was expecting a bit brighter peach/coral). In the jar, it looked more muted and dull. However, the second I applied it on my cheeks,I fell in love with the color... it gave my (light/medium Asian with yellow/neural undertone) face a youthful glow, and a perfect balance of peach and pink to look fresh, healthy and pretty. It's very subtle (yet, I can see it being buildable on someone with very fair complexion) and natural, great for everyday wear, or when I want to wear smokey eyes and nude lips.
The packaging is also nice because the jar is very flat, and seems to be made out of pretty sturdy material. The only complaint I have (which will also contradict the reason I like its flat design...sorry) the top part where the powder dispenses is too shallow, and it gets a bit messy. Otherwise, I'm very pleased with this purchase, and highly recommend it to anyone who's interested in a natural looking peachy pink( more peachy/ coral than pink) blush that's semi sheer, with a bit of shimmer, for a more than reasonable price ($9.00).

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Kaspari13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I recently purchased New Car Smell and, overall, I was really pleased. It was really cheap at only $9 for a 5.5 gram jar. The website describes this blush as "A sweet peach/coral tone with a dust of sheen" which is pretty accurate. It has a great shimmer and a little goes a long way. The only reason I gave this blush a 4/5 is because I found that it had pretty significant orange tones to it. This made it a bit too dark for my light skin. On the other hand, it would look great on other skin tones. I will definitely purchase blush from Everyday Minerals again, just in another color.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2010 7:18:00 PM More reviews by angelicgirlangel

My favorite blush because it gives a wonderful glow, even though I don't like the Everyday Minerals foundation. Although it seems very orange, it goes on my NC-20 face very peachy. The shimmers were not overwhelming, and I love wearing this during the summer to make my face look healthier.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2010 5:29:00 AM More reviews by varzamov

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product because it is very buildable. It's a subtle colour on my face and I makes me look healthy.
Usually I like pink-toned blushes but this peach-colour blush is now my favourite product.
I bought the sample size and I belive it's going to last a very long time. A little goes a long way.
I belive that the only flaw of this product is it's name.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by LoveMakeUpEver2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

NC25/C3, EDM Winged butter/Butter Tan
First of all, usually I don't like blushers that has shimmer/glitter for I have extremely oily skin. Nothing is dewy/glowy on me, just oily. But this blush looks dewy on my super oily skin, and I kinda like it being not 'matte'. The color is peachy-coral which I'm really into at the moment. I look energized. The blush blends into my skin so well with EDM foundation. I just used sample I got of New Car Smell for the first time today, and I ordered full size as soon as I got chance to use the internet. The shimmer in this is not really visible, just blends into your skin to give you dewy finish. I held my mirror very close and couldn't really identify the shimmers.
The only thing I dont like about this blush is the name. Why can't this perfect peachy-coral have cuter name =P

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by angelixia07

I got this in the samples size and I really like the color. It is a light warm peachy color that works really well w/ my complexion, strong yellow undertones, NC30 and winged butter in EM. It goes on very subtle but brings a pretty shot of color great for everyday. It blends really well over my EM intensive base, not totally matte but the shimmers you see in the pot don't really show up on application. It's very similar to EM Weekend Getaway, only that the latter is completely matte.