September 17, 2014 | 1992 users online

Blush - Everyday Minerals - Wet Sand

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

Not a blush, I don't think. Looks like it's meant to be a very sparkly all-over powder (think Aromaleigh's Metamorphosis finishing powder) or highlighter. Beige with maybe the slightest peachy hint.

I have a sample size of this (and will order some once it's gone but that will take a long time) and when I want a "who, me? oh, I just rolled out of bed looking gorgeous" makeup look, I brush it lightly all over my lids, over a coat of Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel as a primer. Mascara, Coty Air Spun powder, clear lip gloss, and a little EM Dusty Miller and I'm good to go. (ETA: I had good results mixing this with pressing medium and pressing into a magnetic eyeshadow pan. It really earns it space in my little palette -- doubles as a brow highlight shade for more dramatic shadow combinations, and an eye-opening lid shade for that super natural look.)

The other thing I have used Wet Sand for is to mix with clear lip gloss to create a slightly pale, dewy, neutral gloss. I like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by gwn1187

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this product is ideal as a highlighter. I don't find it to be too 'glittery' as some reviewers have noted, because I use a tiny, tiny bit ... minerals are so pigmented that a little goes a long way! That said I wouldn't use this all over my face - I use it under my brown bone, the inner corner of my eye, and along my cheekbone. It also makes a great iridescent eyeshadow. You get a huge amount in the package, although be careful with the sifters if you travel often as I do - they can twist open and spill out onto the lid.

I have used oodles of the Everyday Minerals stuff, and while I can't always use the foundations (base) due to dry skin, I really enjoy using Wet Sand, and also Sunshine as an under-eye concealer. I think this stuff is dirt cheap compared to what you could pay for similar products, and I find it to be simple, good quality stuff. Vegan, not tested on animals, and more natural than a lot of products on the market. Plus it doesn't irritate my sensitive, acne-prone skin. I thus find it to be amazing value, especially as you can get free samples to try. The only downside, of course, is that you're ordering online and it can take a little while to find the right colour match for certain things, although this is sheer and would likely work for any skin tone. Still, highly recommend and if/when I ever run out of my full size of Wet Sand, will definitely re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2011 12:10:00 AM More reviews by piecesofpurple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I go the sample size of this... It's not a bad product, but it's just sort of "eh." I have dry skin at the moment, so I add a little bit of this to my finishing powder to add a subtle bit of glow to my skin to make it look a bit more alive and not so matte. It does have the same amount of sparkle as the sheen blushes do, as a previous reviewer stated.

So, overall, if you're fair and want to add a bit of glow, this product is versatile because it can be used as an eyeshadow, as well, and it can be worn all over the face in a light layer without affecting the color of one's foundation. But, I'll probably try another product in the future.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 7:50:00 AM More reviews by claraflo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There is sparkle in this product but not a huge amount. The colour is so sheer and it's so subtle that even when I applied it to my brow bones it was hardly noticable and the sparkles which can be seen in the jar don't show on my face. It's got about the same amount of sparkle as a sheen blush does.

To be honest this is the least effective of the three illunminators I sampled (pearl beige, wet sand, champagne). It's a lot more sheer than pearl beige with less sheen, it seems to go on pretty much clear with just the odd sparkle here and there. It actually has the least presence of all the illuminators.

This would be the product I would reach for if I were creating a sunkissed look. Pearl beige would be too solid. This would be dusted over the entire face to give the odd sparkle and very slight sheen to the skin. If you are looking for something extremely sheer with a tiny amount of glitter then wet sand is your ticket. If you are looking for a brow\cheek highlighter then go with pearl beige. The two are entirely different products.

I wouldn't purchase this again just because it fails as a bone highlighter and I don't wear beachy or sunkissed looks very often.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by agibeault

This is not a blush, its a highlighter........part of the lucent face collection, not the blush collection.

I don't like glittery highlighters.......I like more of an iridescent sheen. This would be appropriate for a club but not much else.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2010 1:02:00 AM More reviews by nudepink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very very lovely shimmer. ♥ Great for brightening up my very dull face. It looks quite natural on your skin, actually.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2009 10:22:00 AM More reviews by ChloeHollywood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's a great highlighter I use it to tone down my very pigmented brush or I use it on my cheeckbones to add some light on my face =)
I love the glow it gives...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2009 6:07:00 AM More reviews by aliawilk123

love love love, HG highlighter. I love the look, the feel, and its great at being a tad shimmer/glittery without looking way overdone. I wear the foundation in cool fair. This is a great natural looking eyeshadow too, I usually use this as a highlight for lids and brow bones and then throw a little bit of a matte brown or starry night in my crease for an everyday look. basically, this is amazing for fair skin. try it.

(you can get a sample in a sample kit. after I tried it, I never wanted to be without it again).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2009 7:28:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this highlighter! It's categorized as a blush, which I find surprising… I've been using a sample on my nose, cheekbones and browbones, and the results are great. It provides a nice natural-looking glow without too much shimmer and zero sparkle. The light transparent shade is perfect for my PP complexion. The sample will last me for ages too.

Ingredients: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2009 1:44:00 AM More reviews by actonjj

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

In the jar this looks like it would be super amazing but when you put it on, all you really see is little sparkles rather than a nice sheen. It also doesn't last very long, I put it on and 30 minutes later there was barely any sign of it. I tried a few different application techniques but none really made a difference.