September 18, 2014 | 1669 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Lumene - Vitamin C+ Invigorating Eye Serum

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by kerli310

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Pros:
- somewhat moisturizing and cooling effect (provided that you keep the serum in the fridge);
- the roll-on makes the application of the product quite easy and comfortable.

Cons:
- you have to be immensely careful when rolling it under your eyes - the edge of the applicator (in which the little roll is fitted on) might hurt you really bad;
- in my case it did not reduce the dark circles, perhaps only lightened them a little.

I might give it another try in the future - although it did not have any dramatical effects, it did not cause any serious breakouts either.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2008 1:36:00 PM More reviews by jennipenni

I've had problems with dark circles, puffiness and overall looking very tired around my eyes. Instead of purchasing only a concealer to cover up the darkness, I wanted something that would actually treat the conditions and make them go away. As a faithful Lumene customer, I sought this out at my local CVS and got it for, what I thought was a little steep, $20.

I haven't tried keeping the serum in my fridge, so I don't know if that impacts the product's effectiveness. I have been using this for about three weeks, and I do see a difference in how my eyes look. In the mornings when I have pronounced puffiness I roll some serum on and it diminishes within minutes. My dark circles have also visibly lightened.

It's true that the roll-on applicator can dried out, so storing the tube upside down fixes that. I also have experienced a stinging sensation after applying the serum, which I think means that it's working -- it does have a lot of vitamin C in it, after all. Or it could also be that I'm applying too much.

Considering many eye treatments are very pricey and results are not guaranteed, I think this product is a strong, modestly-priced competitor among those types of treatments. I do see results from using this, and would buy it again after I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2008 8:55:00 PM More reviews by jeanlass

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Saw this at Target and thought it might be a good product for reducing my rampant under-eye puffiness. I store it in the fridge upside down so the roll-on part doesn't dry out. (Figured this out after a couple of applications where the product didn't roll on smoothly. It works nicely now.) I like the roll-on application because I can never seem to pat on eye products gently enough! I know you're supposed to "pat, not rub" but I get impatient.

Love the cooling feeling... it's definitely a soothing sensation, especially late in the afternoon on a warm day. I can't really see any major transformation in puffiness, but I've only been using it for two weeks. Dark circles look a bit lighter, though. The soothing sensation is enough for me to recommend it, it's lovely!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2008 10:33:00 PM More reviews by aaronnoah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had decent luck with another Lumene eye treatment a couple of years back (I can't remember the name of it now) so I thought I would try this when I saw that Target was now carrying "professional" products. The roll on applicator was strangely weird to use. I felt like I should be using it under my arms or something. I still needed to rub it anyway. There was a slight stinging my my eye area which is a bit disconcerting considering that they are EYES! I didn't notice any kind of moisturizing benefit (I'm not sure if there was supposed to be or not). It basically felt like I had just rolled on some water for all the benefits I felt. I was very disappointed with this product. I will be returning it the next time I'm in Target.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2008 4:35:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Lovely refreshing scent, and I also find the roll-on applicator very convenient. I kept it in a fridge and applied it in the morning. Immediately it felt quite uncomfortable and sticky. I applied a moisturizing eye cream on top of it which seemed to be a good idea. But after repeating this routine for a few days the serum began to irritate my sensitive eye area. What a shame.