November 24, 2014 | 1314 users online

Foundations - Everyday Minerals - Olive Fair

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by neontom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

If you are pale and most light colours look pink/yellow/or somehow grey on your face, go and try this tone! I'm not a person the person who understands this undertones and stuff, but this colour just fits me so well, nobody ever could notice that I wear make up, all do I have lots of red marks and pimples on my face! It really covers well, you can build it up if needed, does not cause break outs and looks like naked skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by classicgirl05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm incredibly late to the mineral makeup thing, especially when it comes to face/foundation products. The only other ones I've tried are bare minerals, which irritated my skin, and Alima, which looked oddly powdery and never 'sank in'. I've tried Olive Fair in a number of the different formulas and I've enjoyed all of them. The products themselves don't have a scent that I can detect, they are finely milled, and buff in beautifully with whichever brush I use them with over my (dried/sunk in for at least 5 min) moisturizer. My routine with this is as such; moisturizer, sometimes primer (loreal magic whatever base) , concealer under eyes and around nose and any blemishes, blush if I'm using cream/liquid/mousse blush, and then this followed by setting spray or a mist of water or whatever to take down the powdery-ness. I find that this lasts about six hours before I need to touch up and longer during the winter when my skin is drier. What I can't rave about enough is the color match, I am rather light skinned, but being of eastern european and mediterranean background I have a greenish-yellow undertone. For about a decade I figured I was 'cool toned'. As I got older I realized that my skin was irritated and the 'pinky red' was actually a product of that irritation, and I changed my skincare routine. The product of changing my skincare to a much more mild routine, coupled with allowing my hair to get back to it's natural color (level 7 dirty blonde) was life changing. As my skin calmed down the pink vanished and became warmer...my coloring now very much resembles Leelee Sobieski's (without the fake tan), if that's of any help. It was all well and good, my skin was/is in great condition, but I could not for the life of me find a foundation that was a good match. Until now.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2012 8:38:00 PM More reviews by agibeault

I tried this in matte. What a cakey mess!! I find the lighter the shade, the more cakey and blotchy it looks...it looks like i mixed zinc oxide with the powder and just smeared it on. HATE.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2010 9:42:00 AM More reviews by Tresor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Like the others have said, about time a company realized that pale girls CAN have strong yellow undertones. Our choices are usually either pinky white or porcelain white, then the shades jump to tannish beige tones, which are always too brown or orange. Milani and Rimmel have the olive shade down, but neither brand go light enough in their foundations.

Everyday Minerals hits the bullseye for me. It's a perfect match, doesn't irritate my skin, doesn't look cakey, looks natural and covers everything. I do have an oily t-zone, so I may have to reapply midday, but no big deal. It's worth it for the quality, quantity and price. I prefer the intensive formula, which sounds misleading. Despite the strong wording, this foundation still manages to let you look like you, only better. I apply with the MAC 187 brush.

UPDATE: This particular shade/formula has been discontinued. They have nothing similar enough for my needs. Moving on.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2009 10:25:00 AM More reviews by knitknit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

At last someone has realised that pale people can have an olive undertone! This is an excellent shade for those who are extremely pale with much redness (ie red nose, chin).

The intensive formula is unfortunately not quite intensive enough. It does not build well, looking cakey after two or more layers.

Packaging, as with all EM products, sucks.

Staying power is non existent, and I often have to reapply mid day. This does not leave me looking cakey, however, as most of the morning makeup has rubbed off.

Would buy again, if only for the fact that this is the only shade that has every matched me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2009 10:04:00 PM More reviews by sandymcr

just got this iteam in this color and have only used it a few times...i am Portuguese so i have light olive...yeloow skin, lol. Very hard to match foundations and so far this is my true match! Will update as i ordered 1 on intestive as i have hyper pigmentation and a matte will update too see which is better for my combo, red skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2009 4:24:00 PM More reviews by strickers

I never thought I was an olive, I only knew that countless other sample colors failed repeatedly. Linen was really close, but too pink. Perfect was too orange, Cools were too pink, Golds too yellow, Beiges looked ashy. You name it, I've tried it... on my cheek, arm, neck, face...

I was thisclose to giving up and settling for a mix of Linen and (insert random EDM base sample here.. god knows I have many of them!) but then I found Olive fair.

Finally, after all my searching, I've found my color. Of course, it's now getting to be summer, and Sweet Almond is my summer shade (one up for me from olive fair.. thank you sample sizes).

Next on the list.. conquering the formula finish! Wish me luck.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2009 2:04:00 PM More reviews by clobbergirl

The only foundation that matches my skin! I've been using this for about a year and it's perfect i tried to stray because i wanted something that was easier to touch up on the go, but nothing but this matches my skin and is affordable.
2-28-10
this, from the beginning, clogged my pores but it wasn't too bad at first so i ignored it because i loved the way this makeup looked no more pinkface! but as time went on it just got worse and worse. Now i use Almay clear complexion, this is not a perfect match either so i top it off with EM's olive fair as a setting powder and for some reason that solved the problem. For the past 2 months ... clear skin:)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2009 6:39:00 PM More reviews by KingTaco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Edit - EDM has reformulated this. The new formula has no zinc (which calms skin) and added chromium oxide greens (which breaks skin out). This stuff is really awful compared to the old formula - it looks the same, but it wears off super-quick and leaves little bumps on my face. I really loved the old formula so I'm so disappointed

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2008 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Sesheta

I got this foundation in a sample kit. I usually use Ivory in semi-matte but in the summer my skin tends to turn very sallow rather than tan. My family originally came from Georgia so I have eastern european colouring.
I've given up on fake tans but like looking like a real live person when the suns is out rather than a ghost. Most of the time I use tinted moisturiser in the summer but there are days when that makes me feel like a walking oil slick and I want something with a bit more coverage.
Well one day I was messing around with my samples and had a brainwave. I put on this as a base - it's a bit too yellow to use on it's own but when I use the Soft Bronzer to hit where the sun touches I suddenly have a beatiful tanned glow. I also add some Fresh Air blusher on the apples of my cheeks.
It's subtle. People just notice I look healthy rather than just got back from the Bahamas. I tried it this morning with the Reflections Finishing Powder in Light and I look sunny and feel confident. There are days when that feeling really takes some beating! I've finished the sample pot and now have it in the smaller size (well the sun doesn't come out that long here in Ireland so I don't always need to look sunny) but I have a feeling I will get addicted to this healthy glow and need a bigger pot.