July 29, 2014 | 1554 users online

Mascara - Neutrogena - Healthy Volume

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by ChristianChrissy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!! My 'Clump Crusher' (bright green package) went straight into the trash. Clump Crusher made my eyes water just holding the wand near my eyes!! Yikes!! ..& smelled totally chemical. Neutrogena had really no smell & delivered WAY better than expected !!! No clumps ...& 1 coat is perfect 4 daily wear (note: I am 50 & still blessed w long lashes)...& bot the dark brown mascara color (I hav med skin tone w hazel eyes & brown hair ) & this color looks totally natural (daytime wear)...& I even brush it lightly onto my brows (I like the philosophy of brows being 2 shades darker than hair)...I also was allergic to Clump Crusher & most other mascaras so will definitely repurchase !! TKS NEUTROGENA!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2014 3:46:00 AM More reviews by cardenasjess

This mascara sucks. I bought the black/brown waterproof version. I mean the brush just lures you in because it's so full and it makes you think you're going to be having some amazing volume with that thick huge brush, but don't be fooled. This is the type of mascara you have to apply a ton of coats for it to even...well...look as if you had to apply a ton of coats to your lashes. Not cool, I was very excited to try this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 4:11:00 AM More reviews by MrsSuave

This is the best volumizing mascara I've used. I already have long lashes so this is the perfect mascara to use daily( with one coat) or going out with multiple coats. I've used this mascara on and off for years now and others never seem to compare. It does give you a more natural look, but I feel it layers beautifully without clumping or flaking.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2013 8:11:00 AM More reviews by alynne522

I like the fact that this mascara has no bells and whistles. This is a great formula, except that I felt it dried out somewhat quickly. It coats my lashes the way I want it to, and makes them look full. I am blessed with long lashes, so the healthy volume title was not the reason I bought it, but it does what I want it to do. I also love the fullness of the brush. I will buy this again and only didn't give it five stars because it dried out quicker than I had hoped - but that is to be expected with drug store mascara.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

This is such an average mascara. The price is too high for a drugstore product that delivers such mediocre results. I had a big problem with it smudging and giving me raccoon eyes. I already have horrible dark circles, I don't need anything to add to darkness under my eyes. It's not the worst, but not great either. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Saimiri923

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this mascara! I'm always trying new ones, but I've been through several tubes of this one. It does a great job of thickening my lashes while keeping them separate, which is a big plus for me. The formula is on the dry side, which I like, but I don't have problems with flaking or smudging through the day. I've used both the black brown and the carbon black formulas, and I think the carbon black one is a little better, but the black brown is also great, and I've repurchased both colors.

The ONLY down side for me is that the brush is REALLY big. This helps with thickening, but I usually have little smudges of mascara along my lashline after I use it. It's not bad, and it cleans up fine with a q-tip, but it is an extra step. Hasn't stopped me from repurchasing though!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by oceanbubbles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Don't get me wrong, I love my Neutrogena products, but this Healthy Volume mascara is way below their usual quality standard. I do like the rich, dark, black color this mascara delivers, but that's about it. The packaging is nothing special at all, the brush is just a typical tester brush that is usually found at makeup counters. But I don't hold the simple packaging against Neutrogena, it's the performance that really ruined this product. This mascara couldn't hold a curl at all (in fact it made my lashes straighter, which made them look like they didn't even exist), and this mascara smudges more easily than any other mascara I've ever tried. Also, the tube dried up very quickly, which does not make this product worth the money paid for it. There's definitely something better out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by blueyes14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara!!! i have extremely long, normally thick but extremely straight lashes. It is such a struggle to find a good mascara that doesn't clump my easily-clumpable (new word here!) lashes, but also holds my curl at least a little since i hate wearing waterproof mascaras on a daily basis. So far, i have ruled out all wet mascaras, and thick mascaras. I've stuck with Covergirl Clump Crusher mascara, but i remembered using the waterproof version of this last summer, and it was a nice formula, and not thick at all. My lashes looked naturally fluttery and thick, not like i had mascara on. So, i bought this at target for about $7.29 but i had a $2 off coupon. I went straight home to try it out. I curled my lashes like normal, and put on about 2 coats. Totally separated, thick, and most importantly, CURLED lashes!!! it held the curl very nicely, and im so happy that i finally found an affordable mascara (the only other one was Dior's Diorshow) that actually makes my lashes look great, and holds the curl!! super excited, will totally repurchase(:

Edit 10/13- my tube just dried out, so I got a few months of use out of it!!! I am still very happy with this product, and I will repurchase. I have found this is a very build able mascara, and it definitely holds a curl better than most for me. I also found it keeps my lashes pretty conditioned, and it's very easy to take off at night. The only reason I bumped it down to a 4 lippie rating was because this smudges pretty easily on me. Granted, I have pretty oily eyelids but still I wish it's staying power was a bit better. Other than that though, highly recommend this mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Summersmiles

I love the way this makes my lashes look! It applies well and your eyes look like they are smiling. It does smudge but that's only if you rub your eyes. I love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by darkeyedfran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, I must say when I first purchased this product I was not at all that excited...it seemed very "meh" to me and I needed several coats to make my lashes appear. Somehow after a few uses it started to stick to my lashes better and with the first coat I would get these gorgeous fluffy natural looking lashes. I sometimes wear one coat if I want to go very natural or two coats for a more stand-out lash look. What I really love about this mascara and I was not expecting at all is for my lashes to grow....let me explain to you how phenomenal this was. I had used some demi lashes and had a bit of an accident where I maybe had too much to drink and didn't take them off properly. oops. (i'm 24, just so that no one thinks im underage or anything) This resulted in some small bald spots along my lashline. These lashes were short and horrifying and made me lose my mind. I bought this in hopes of increasing the volume of my lashes to try and ide my patches...and it's actually helped my little hairs in their journey to growing back out! It's not a drastic change, but my lashes feel thicker after using this exclusively for about 2 weeks. I don't know if this works for anyone with normal lashes but it has helped to speed along my baby lashes in their growth. Hope this review helped! I have really been enjoying this product.