Kiss Me Heroine Make Long & Curl Mascara Super Waterproof Black

4.3

on 5/27/2015 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This mascara is perfectly acceptable, but it didn't impress me.

It didn't lengthen my eyelashes by much, or curl them at all, and they don't look any thicker. The only perceptible difference in my lashes after applying was they were a little bit darker. It doesn't burn my eyes or smudge, but it does seem to flake a little.

The price is good, the packaging is cute, it's long-wearing and very waterproof, but the difference for me is not at all dramatic. (I like the natural look, but my eyelashes are very light and my eyes are dark, so I need a very black mascara to balance.)

Then again, I'm not in the target demographic for this particular mascara. :)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've gone through at least 6 tubes of this stuff (lasts me about 4 months with daily use) it really is my HG.

on 5/22/2015 3:40:00 AM

This mascara is my HG.
I've finished 4 tubes of it and gone through the pink (previous) and black packaging.
Holds my straight asian lashes after i've curled it, for the whole day.
I live in a year-round humid country (Singapore), this mascara doesn't budge, holds a curl and most importantly, does what it states in the packaging and with astonishingly good results at that.
If you're looking for volume, look for its counterpart; the volume & curl version, it is AS good and does what it claims.
But cons: Needs an oil-based remover and you cannot layer this mascara or it'll clump.

Tip: But I've tried layering these 2 together before- apply the volume version first and while it is still wet, apply the lengthening one, it'll blend together like a dream.

on 5/20/2015 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is a review for the Heroine Make Long and Curl Mascara in Jet Black. This is the one in the fuchsia tube with a black cap, and gold writing. I recently went on a trip to Japan and bought several tubes as gifts, as well as for myself.

First of all, the pricing was fair. It was I believe 8000 yen or around $8 for a tube. There is a regular version and a waterproof version, so I just picked the one with the blue dot and kanji on it, hoping that it meant waterproof in Japanese. It's a simple design with a slim tube. I like the packaging with the girl. It's rather cutesy.

As for the product itself, it has to be the most perfect mascara formula out there. The brush is weird though. It's a wand that curls and the mascara is goopy at the end. This mascara holds a curl all day, will not budge, gives you length, some volume, and the black is not too black or not to dull. The winning quality would be that it does not budge. At the end of a long day of work, a date, and maybe some late fun, it still looks like it is freshly applied. It is important to have a high-quality eye makeup remover. I use Neutrogena's or Mary Kay, but even with that, it can be hard to remove. I make sure to use a q-tip to apply Vaseline to my lashes to get the remaining mascara off. I wish that this mascara would be on the shelves of CVS or Walgreens, but with the wonderful internet, you can find this mascara for around 12 bucks on Amazon.

on 4/19/2015 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This review is for Heroine Make Long & Curl Super Waterproof mascara
For the first time in my life, I found a masacara that can hold my eyelash. This thing is the shiz.

My profile:
Oily lids, Sensitive eye, Long, sparse, straight down asian eyelashes.
I've tried loreal, maybelline, guerlain, kevin aucoin, clinique mascaras, none works. They all either feels heavy (makes me sleepy), melt after a couple hours, leaving me with raccoon eyes and broken fibres everywhere.

So usually, when I put on any mascara right after curling, my eyelash drops into straight line within 3 minutes. Then I had to wait till it dries up, re-curl them again, and generally end up with a semi destroyed spidery eyelash. hence why I haven't bothered with mascara for a very long time.

Well, not until a week ago when I pick up Heroine Make Long & Curl mascara.
Paired with Panasonic heated eyelash curler ( Panasonic EH-2331PP), this mascara made me stare at my eyelash all day long (I seriously never seen anything that successfully curls & hold my eyelash before).

Pros:
- Dries quickly
- Lightweight
- Waterproof and oil proof (no pandas)
- Holds your curl all day long
- The brush is smaller than western mascaras (my eyes are small & narrow)
- Doesn't clump
- Doesn't break
- Doesn't irritate my eyes
- Cheap. $12 AUD at Rakuten. Heck any drugstore mascara is at least $19 in Australia

Cons:
- Nada, its perfect

I'm able to remove it easily with Neutrogena oil free eye makeup remove & cotton pads (the oily type).
Soak the cotton pad with a little bit of the eye remover, pinch (don't pull!) for about 20-30 seconds, then release. I massaged my eyelash veeery gently with the pad to remove remaining mascara.
I'm going to get Heroine make's mascara remover though, hopefully it'll make removing even easier.

Tips for buying:
get it from Rakuten global, they are generally around $11-12 AUD. Choose sellers that will do SAL / small packet service, EMS services are rather expensive.
Or get it from sasa, but they charge about $15 plus shipping.

on 3/24/2015 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I asked my mom to bring me back some Heroine Make mascaras when she visited Taiwan (January 2015). So she brought back 2 different types of "long and curl" mascara, one of them being super waterproof and the other being super film. I think the mascara that is pictured is an old version because I've purchased that one a few years ago.

Super waterproof: tube is a dark purple metallic color with silver writing and the smooth handle of the tube is pink-silver. The formula is kind of wet with little fibers and the brush is ever so slightly curve and very small. I prefer this one as you can actually (patiently) build up the mascara and have relatively long lashes. This mascara doesn't really hold a curl well and does not give any volume at all. It is also pretty difficult to remove so use a dual-phase eye makeup remover (my favorite is by Mandom).

Super film: tube is black with gold writing and the ribbed handle of the tube is gold. I HATE THIS ONE SO MUCH!!! The brush is curved but much fatter than the waterproof version. The formula is wet but there are so many fibers in it that it feels dry. The fibers don't cling to my lashes so it's impossible to layer. And whatever amount I do get on my lashes, it tends to flake off really badly by the evening, getting into my eyes and on my contacts. This one just requires some warm water to remove it but it's messy because it breaks down into tiny pieces.

on 3/17/2015 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is my first review after a long while! I really like this mascara, I had received this as a gift and fell in love. I have somewhat long but straight lashes, and I ONLY use waterproof mascaras since regular mascaras don't hold my curl. This mascara didn't curl my lashes for me, as I'd wish - I still have to curl my lashes, but it does hold my curl, feels lightweight, and lengthens them (and it's not even waterproof). If you are looking for a mascara that gives you a dramatic lashes, this isn't for you. It gives off a more natural, clump-free, clean lash look for days where I just want to look more natural. I just apply one coat and it's enough for me. I like the curved brush and how easy it is to remove, you can use a regular/oil-free makeup remover and it just takes it all off. The packaging of the Kiss Me products are always cute too! I have just repurchased this on ebay and it is a bit pricey, but to me, it's worth it. I might try their other mascaras too!

PROS:
- Clump free
- Lengthens lashes
- Holds curl
- Clean and natural looking
- Lightweight (doesn't feel like you're wearing any mascara)
- Cute packaging

CONS:
- Pricey (around the $18 range)
- Hard to find in stores (unless you live near an Asian beauty store, you probably have to purchase online)

on 3/9/2015 7:48:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I bought this because I was suckered into the reviews of crazy long lashes. My lashes are short and fine, so I usually go for mascaras that do it all in terms of thickening and lengthening. However, I couldn't resist the siren call of long, fluttery lashes for "natural" makeup days, so I purchased this for 18.99 CAD (super pricey for me when my HG mascara is $5...). Packaging is cute and bright, and the brush looks like it works as it's a scoop shape. This does hold a curl all day and is waterproof, so no problem there. However, this mascara DID NOT lengthen my lashes any more than a regular mascara would. To compare, I have Maybelline The Falsies in waterproof and it looks the exact same as the Heroine Make. Seriously, why do I need this overpriced mascara shipped to me from overseas when I can just get something at the drugstore?

Also, this was easy to take off with baby oil, so there's that I guess...but this also transferred onto my oily eyelids if I didn't give it enough time to dry. No thanks.

on 2/7/2015 7:51:00 AM

I am honestly surprised by the good reviews here. Maybe I got a bad one? The formula is so wet that my eye lashes would droop right away. FYI, I have straight eye lashes. And I really need mascaras that can hold up the curls well. This did none of that. Interestingly enough, the Heroine Make Volume and Curl works great for me.

on 2/1/2015 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I've long been a fan of Maybelline's Full 'n Soft Mascara. In fact, It's the only mascara I used (I've bought 4-5 tubes, waterproof & regular combined) before I discovered Heroine Make. With the Full 'n Soft, I liked the results I got from the regular, but the waterproof was lacking compared to the regular formula. BUUT, that meant that I would have to look at the weather to determine if I should wear regular/waterproof mascara. Either way, it ends up smudged on my under-eye area. (Not saying that Heroine Make doesn't smudge--it does)

For $14 a tube on eBay (2x the price of Maybelline), I was hesitant to try the cult favorite, especially since it's for length (I have super long eyelashes, so I usually gravitate volumizing mascaras). But in Tokyo, where I'm living now, it's a much more reasonable 1,000. Still more expensive than the Maybelline & other mascaras, but OH SO WORTH IT!! The before/after difference is incredible & what I LOVE LOVE LOVE is its ABILITY TO HOLD MY EYELASH CURL. The application is also super easy with the curved brush, which only select mascaras have.

The ONLY COMPLAINT I have is it's slight stubbornness. I use DHC's cleansing oil (basically olive oil) to remove my make-up and it'll come off, but it is necessary to patiently scrub for a bit longer than I otherwise would.

Overall amazing product I can see myself buying over a lifetime. You'll never go back to that Maybelline sh*t ever again. The difference is so big you wouldn't believe it. There's definitely room for improvement, but this is as close to mascara perfection as you'll get.

Popular Mascaras