Isehan Kiss Me by Isehan - Heroine Make Long

4.3

on 6/16/2015 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've used this a few times now, but after just the first use, I knew this had become my HG mascara. Blows everything else I've ever used out of the water.

Pros:
- Cute packaging (doesn't really have anything to do with product quality, but I'm a sucker for it)
- SERIOUSLY long-lasting. I wore this to a concert where I sweated like mad and had water splashed on my face and it didn't budge.
- Incredible lash definition without being clumpy or spidery. I have long lashes to begin with so this stuff really does make me look like a manga heroine, haha. If you're looking for volume or curl you'll probably be disappointed in this product (I haven't used it with an eyelash curler yet so I can't say how it holds up,) but if you just want crazy long lashes, this is for you.
- Cheaper than most higher-end mascaras. I got a double pack that came with the mascara and a makeup remover and it was still less than Lancome Definicils with shipping (and works better.)

Cons:
- This could be a good or bad thing, but this stuff does not come off without heavy-duty makeup remover, even after face washing. My Boots makeup remover basically did nothing to it, though I did have more luck with makeup removing wipes. I recommend getting the version of this product that comes with its own makeup remover if you can find it.
- Since it's a Japanese product, it can be a little more difficult to find and may take a bit longer to get to you since it usually has to ship from SE Asia. I bought mine on Ebay.

Bottom line: buy it immediately.

on 5/30/2015 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

CosDNA: http://www.cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_7e22183252.html

Official page: http://www.isehan.co.jp/heroine/items/point/mascara/1144/

Price: 1080yen

Pros:
- very long staying power
- noticeably longer lashes
- cute simple bottle with a curved brush
- this worked wonderfully for my mother-in-law; long, full, curly lashes that made her eyes look amazing

Cons:
- this was my first mascara with fibre bits so it wasn't really what I expected; personally didn't like the fibres holding so much product in the brush
- I might have gotten an older bottle or something because it was really dry and clumpy when I bought it; ended up adding a few drops of eye drops to fix it
- got some clumps in my lashes which can be fixed by going over it with a clean brush afterwards
- I didn't notice much of a curl but I have very straight and stiff lashes :( so the moral is YMMV

on 5/27/2015 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This mascara is perfectly acceptable, but it didn't impress me.

It didn't lengthen my eyelashes by much, or curl them at all, and they don't look any thicker. The only perceptible difference in my lashes after applying was they were a little bit darker. It doesn't burn my eyes or smudge, but it does seem to flake a little.

The price is good, the packaging is cute, it's long-wearing and very waterproof, but the difference for me is not at all dramatic. (I like the natural look, but my eyelashes are very light and my eyes are dark, so I need a very black mascara to balance.)

Then again, I'm not in the target demographic for this particular mascara. :)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've gone through at least 6 tubes of this stuff (lasts me about 4 months with daily use) it really is my HG.

on 5/22/2015 3:40:00 AM

This mascara is my HG.
I've finished 4 tubes of it and gone through the pink (previous) and black packaging.
Holds my straight asian lashes after i've curled it, for the whole day.
I live in a year-round humid country (Singapore), this mascara doesn't budge, holds a curl and most importantly, does what it states in the packaging and with astonishingly good results at that.
If you're looking for volume, look for its counterpart; the volume & curl version, it is AS good and does what it claims.
But cons: Needs an oil-based remover and you cannot layer this mascara or it'll clump.

Tip: But I've tried layering these 2 together before- apply the volume version first and while it is still wet, apply the lengthening one, it'll blend together like a dream.

on 5/20/2015 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is a review for the Heroine Make Long and Curl Mascara in Jet Black. This is the one in the fuchsia tube with a black cap, and gold writing. I recently went on a trip to Japan and bought several tubes as gifts, as well as for myself.

First of all, the pricing was fair. It was I believe 8000 yen or around $8 for a tube. There is a regular version and a waterproof version, so I just picked the one with the blue dot and kanji on it, hoping that it meant waterproof in Japanese. It's a simple design with a slim tube. I like the packaging with the girl. It's rather cutesy.

As for the product itself, it has to be the most perfect mascara formula out there. The brush is weird though. It's a wand that curls and the mascara is goopy at the end. This mascara holds a curl all day, will not budge, gives you length, some volume, and the black is not too black or not to dull. The winning quality would be that it does not budge. At the end of a long day of work, a date, and maybe some late fun, it still looks like it is freshly applied. It is important to have a high-quality eye makeup remover. I use Neutrogena's or Mary Kay, but even with that, it can be hard to remove. I make sure to use a q-tip to apply Vaseline to my lashes to get the remaining mascara off. I wish that this mascara would be on the shelves of CVS or Walgreens, but with the wonderful internet, you can find this mascara for around 12 bucks on Amazon.

on 4/19/2015 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This review is for Heroine Make Long & Curl Super Waterproof mascara
For the first time in my life, I found a masacara that can hold my eyelash. This thing is the shiz.

My profile:
Oily lids, Sensitive eye, Long, sparse, straight down asian eyelashes.
I've tried loreal, maybelline, guerlain, kevin aucoin, clinique mascaras, none works. They all either feels heavy (makes me sleepy), melt after a couple hours, leaving me with raccoon eyes and broken fibres everywhere.

So usually, when I put on any mascara right after curling, my eyelash drops into straight line within 3 minutes. Then I had to wait till it dries up, re-curl them again, and generally end up with a semi destroyed spidery eyelash. hence why I haven't bothered with mascara for a very long time.

Well, not until a week ago when I pick up Heroine Make Long & Curl mascara.
Paired with Panasonic heated eyelash curler ( Panasonic EH-2331PP), this mascara made me stare at my eyelash all day long (I seriously never seen anything that successfully curls & hold my eyelash before).

Pros:
- Dries quickly
- Lightweight
- Waterproof and oil proof (no pandas)
- Holds your curl all day long
- The brush is smaller than western mascaras (my eyes are small & narrow)
- Doesn't clump
- Doesn't break
- Doesn't irritate my eyes
- Cheap. $12 AUD at Rakuten. Heck any drugstore mascara is at least $19 in Australia

Cons:
- Nada, its perfect

I'm able to remove it easily with Neutrogena oil free eye makeup remove & cotton pads (the oily type).
Soak the cotton pad with a little bit of the eye remover, pinch (don't pull!) for about 20-30 seconds, then release. I massaged my eyelash veeery gently with the pad to remove remaining mascara.
I'm going to get Heroine make's mascara remover though, hopefully it'll make removing even easier.

Tips for buying:
get it from Rakuten global, they are generally around $11-12 AUD. Choose sellers that will do SAL / small packet service, EMS services are rather expensive.
Or get it from sasa, but they charge about $15 plus shipping.

on 3/24/2015 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I asked my mom to bring me back some Heroine Make mascaras when she visited Taiwan (January 2015). So she brought back 2 different types of "long and curl" mascara, one of them being super waterproof and the other being super film. I think the mascara that is pictured is an old version because I've purchased that one a few years ago.

Super waterproof: tube is a dark purple metallic color with silver writing and the smooth handle of the tube is pink-silver. The formula is kind of wet with little fibers and the brush is ever so slightly curve and very small. I prefer this one as you can actually (patiently) build up the mascara and have relatively long lashes. This mascara doesn't really hold a curl well and does not give any volume at all. It is also pretty difficult to remove so use a dual-phase eye makeup remover (my favorite is by Mandom).

Super film: tube is black with gold writing and the ribbed handle of the tube is gold. I HATE THIS ONE SO MUCH!!! The brush is curved but much fatter than the waterproof version. The formula is wet but there are so many fibers in it that it feels dry. The fibers don't cling to my lashes so it's impossible to layer. And whatever amount I do get on my lashes, it tends to flake off really badly by the evening, getting into my eyes and on my contacts. This one just requires some warm water to remove it but it's messy because it breaks down into tiny pieces.

on 3/17/2015 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is my first review after a long while! I really like this mascara, I had received this as a gift and fell in love. I have somewhat long but straight lashes, and I ONLY use waterproof mascaras since regular mascaras don't hold my curl. This mascara didn't curl my lashes for me, as I'd wish - I still have to curl my lashes, but it does hold my curl, feels lightweight, and lengthens them (and it's not even waterproof). If you are looking for a mascara that gives you a dramatic lashes, this isn't for you. It gives off a more natural, clump-free, clean lash look for days where I just want to look more natural. I just apply one coat and it's enough for me. I like the curved brush and how easy it is to remove, you can use a regular/oil-free makeup remover and it just takes it all off. The packaging of the Kiss Me products are always cute too! I have just repurchased this on ebay and it is a bit pricey, but to me, it's worth it. I might try their other mascaras too!

PROS:
- Clump free
- Lengthens lashes
- Holds curl
- Clean and natural looking
- Lightweight (doesn't feel like you're wearing any mascara)
- Cute packaging

CONS:
- Pricey (around the $18 range)
- Hard to find in stores (unless you live near an Asian beauty store, you probably have to purchase online)

on 3/9/2015 7:48:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I bought this because I was suckered into the reviews of crazy long lashes. My lashes are short and fine, so I usually go for mascaras that do it all in terms of thickening and lengthening. However, I couldn't resist the siren call of long, fluttery lashes for "natural" makeup days, so I purchased this for 18.99 CAD (super pricey for me when my HG mascara is $5...). Packaging is cute and bright, and the brush looks like it works as it's a scoop shape. This does hold a curl all day and is waterproof, so no problem there. However, this mascara DID NOT lengthen my lashes any more than a regular mascara would. To compare, I have Maybelline The Falsies in waterproof and it looks the exact same as the Heroine Make. Seriously, why do I need this overpriced mascara shipped to me from overseas when I can just get something at the drugstore?

Also, this was easy to take off with baby oil, so there's that I guess...but this also transferred onto my oily eyelids if I didn't give it enough time to dry. No thanks.