October 2, 2014 | 899 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Perricone - Advanced Eye Area Therapy

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2014 1:29:00 PM More reviews by rtydlacka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually loved this product. I have searched for many years for an eye cream that gets rid of mild crepiness under the eye and minimal crow's feet and could never find one that actually worked. I wanted a product that actually would help reverse the appearance of aging, not just mask it with momentary tautness that eventually fades within an hour of applying it.
This eye therapy was exactly what I have been looking for. I had crepiness under my eyes. That is now completely gone after using this product for about a month. I have now been using the Advanced Eye Area Therapy for about 6 months and my under eye area looks incredible. I am so happy with this product.

I will say this, for those that are posting reviews after only using a product for a month or less, I am sorely disappointed. Anyone who has any common sense should know that you didn't get wrinkles overnight and you aren't going to get rid of them overnight by using a product. Giving a product a bad review because you didn't get "immediate" results is in my opinion unfair. If you want immediate results, then visit a plastic surgeon.

Also, for the reviewer who stated they had difficulties with the pump and the product spilling out upon inserting it.... I would have to say this was user error. Make sure the product is settled and at the bottom of the container before inserting the pump. If it's been laying on its side then it may push out when you insert the pump. However, with that said, I would just be happy that you aren't receiving a product that is half empty. At least they are filling the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Nashtunes

I am shocked by the bad reviews. I have been in an endless search for an eye cream that works. I'm sensitive, but I've had zero bad reaction to this And zero stinging. It hydrates and really helped with crepey look and fine lines and puffiness. I use at night because I prefer a cream with some cosmetic light filters during the day (like Dior). I have no complaints with any of me perricone products and in fact have used them almost exclusively for six months now.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Sonjawhite2005

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yikes - I bought the sample box 3 days ago from Amazon. Woke up this morning with large, red, painful, ITCHING welts all over my face/cheeks, forehead, neck (everywhere I applied the regime). Eyelids were almost swollen shut. I followed the instructions to a 'T', applying it sparingly. I look like a swarm of bees has stung my face. Hope these welts and itching/redness go away soon. Don't know which of the 4 products did this and don't plan to find out. I had to go to work looking like this! I shall not buy more.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by ng2die4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am bummed by the bad reviews-- I actually love the product so far, maybe they reformulated? I have sensative eyes and had no reaction to this product. Got it for my undereyes (fine wrinkles) and it looks much better 2 weeks into use. Also you need tiny bit so the bottle will last about 6 months. Since I had other products for $50-70 lasting only 3 month, I consider it good cost per use ratio. SA at Sephora gave huge sample and I purchased after 2 weeks of using it. Makes a great under concealer base. i use Bobby brown concealer that is perfect when it comes to shade but hard to spread. This eye cream is the best for it, concealer glides on smoothly. Actually this is the first review i am writing for an eye cream, i wasn't impressed with anything I used before (dermalogica, P.Thomas Roth, Murad, Kinerase to name a few) I don't have a huge problem in the undereye area (bags, dark circles) but, hopefully, this cream will help me to avoid it in the future. It also helps with the puffuness that I statrted to notice in the morning (age is age no matter how good you look--) I read about this cream on Paula Begun beautipedia. I am nor her devotee and don't take her recommendations all the time but she was saying that this cream is one if the best perricone formulas. i am glad I tried.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by agmack324

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this yesterday, went home, read the reviews here, and said to self "Self, what have I done?" I thought... if only there were a Makeup Alley app for my iPhone, I wouldn't have made this mistake at Sephora. Turns out said app exists and now I have it. Lesson One.

Lesson Two: If you're even going to bother trying this, make note of the packaging. What you get is a box which contains a bottle with a screw off cap and a separate pump. Do not attempt to insert the pump into the bottle. You will waste at least $20 worth of this eyecream because it will come exploding out the top. I don't think the pump is usable until you're probably 1/3 way through the bottle. Not that I can imagine using this product for that long anyway...

Lesson Three: the product itself. In the store this felt wonderful on my hand with no irritation at all. At home and on freshly cleaned face this burned like the dickens for about five minutes. The burning subsided, and I was willing to take it indefinitely if I felt like the product delivered some amazing and rather instantaneous result. But it didnt. And the skin under my eyes looked like crap again this morning. Just not worth it. Who knows, maybe if you dealt with the burning day and night for months on end you'd wake up one day looking like you're nine years old again... but I'm not waiting around for that to happen. For $100, my eye cream needs to show me results NOW.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2011 11:42:00 AM More reviews by ammasprajna

I too had an unfortunate reaction to this product. The sales associate at Sephora gave me a generous sample of this pricey eye cream and I was thrilled to come home with what must've been $30 worth of a $95 luxury product. Couldn't wait to try it yesterday. Sadly, within minutes of dabbing a tiny amount to my under-eye area I felt a burning, stinging sensation and went to look in the mirror. The skin where I'd applied the eye cream was quickly turning red and blotchy. I washed it off right away, but all day the reaction continued and even this morning my under-eye skin is still swollen and red, like little welts.

I do have somewhat sensitive skin and have reacted poorly to a couple of other products in the past (Ole Hendriksen's Protect The Truth and The Body Shop's Vitamin C Serum), but I haven't been able to identify the irritant. I wish I knew what it was!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by nychellemm1

I decided to try the Perricone Advanced Eye Area Therapy after the beauty consultant at Sephora recommended it as the best eye cream. I should first mention that I have been using this product for three days - day and night. Each time I have used it, I have felt a stinging sensation which I was not pleased about at all. I also noticed a red spot on the eye/check bone on both sides that were not there before. I thought at first that it was coming from my moisturizer but then I realized this morning as I was putting on the eye therapy that the eye cream falls on that area a bit too. I have decided to stop using this product. I have not been using this product long enough to say whether it reduces dark circles, puffiness or wrinkles. I just don't like the stinging sensation and am already skeptical after reading the reviews with the others with the same issue. Thankfully, I purchased this at Sephora. The saleslady told me I could try this product and return it if I did not like it. That is exactly what I am going to do. The search continues. I think I am going to try the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye complex next since I have a sample. We'll see how that goes...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2010 5:53:00 PM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I'm so glad it's not just me whose eyes burned from this product. I don't usually have such strong reactions to products but I had to wash it off immediately and flush the area for a few minutes before I felt better. I cannot recall a product that has actually caused me so much pain.

I'm going to stick with my Cold Plasma. It's much softer and gentler. Yeah, it's a lot more money but it's worth it. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2010 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Prissbella

This product burnt my eye area like NO other out there. I just don't feel like I should have to go to bed with my eye area on fire. I used it twice and returned it. I do not recommend anyone wasting the ton of money it costs on this one. OUCH.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2010 5:43:00 AM More reviews by Michaelangelo22

AEFUL AWFUL AWFUL! within 30 seconds of putting this crap on, my eyes start burning and itching. Had to rinse it off right away. Dont waste your money on this one. Too risky that you might get an irritation from it.