Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Powder Makeup

3.7

Talc, Isostearyl Palmitate, Silica, Calcium Silicate, Methicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Boron Nitride, Methyl Methacrylate, Crosspolymer, Polypropylene, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green

on 2/20/2015 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Estee Lauder's Double Wear line is such high quality, and their pressed powder is no exception. The powder is very finely milled, which allows me to apply it as light or heavy as I please. And maybe its the milling, but it seems to last quite a bit longer than pressed powders usually last me.

on 2/11/2015 2:46:00 PM

Why did it take me so long to find a good, blendable and the correct color compact powder? This powder is absolutely fantastic! Fresco is an amazing color, I honestly believe it would suit most fair women. It covers but doesn;t cake, is not obvious and at the same time seems luminous. I highly and strongly suggest it as an everyday powder.

on 2/7/2015 5:47:00 PM

This product was horrible on my skin. I never suffered from any break out because of a beauty product - even when as I teenager was using the cheaper stuff - and I managed to get this from a £40 luxury product. I was looking for a good coverage powder - previously have been rotating between Mac and Clinique - and the Estee Lauder representative persuaded me to buy this.

Firstly - I didn't really see any great coverage. The product just sat on my face creating batches of colour, instead of providing any good coverage.

Secondly - within days my skin broke out. It was oily beyond belief and got spots.

I stopped using this straight away but at the time I thought that maybe it was just a coincidence. I decided to give it a chance a month later and got the exact same results (really annoying as it took me a while to rebalance my skin, the first time).

Straight to the bin (along with my £40 I guess). Never buying again.

I totally love this stuff!!

on 1/1/2015 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been wearing MAC Studio Fix over different foundations since it first came out in the mid-eighties but ageing, redness and not being able to cover the broken veins around my nose led me to the EL counter at my local department store. The cosmetician there suggested I try this powder around my nose over my Double Wear concealer. Bingo! Beautiful staying power, at least four-five hours, and a perfect shade match (Fresco). I had recently started using Resilience Lift Extreme liquid foundation and the Double Wear concealer, and am incredibly pleased with the results. My skin looks flawless and still skin-like. The secret is thin, thin layers. I apply the foundation with my trusty beauty blender sponge, in a very light coat, the concealer with a tiny brush exactly where needed, as Lisa Eldridge demonstrates in her videos, and a light layer of the Double Wear Powder with a large brush. The first day I wore it, my (female) doctor said, "Wow, you look glowing!" I was sold :) The MAC powder went in the garbage! I do look young for my age (65 this month, almost no wrinkles). Most store clerks don't believe I qualify for the 55 senior discount, but I'm convinced this combo makes me look even better. I do have a few acne scars from years of breakouts, some broken veins, etc., but now that I've found such a good combination for hiding them, I'm not about to change. Yes, EL is on the high side of my normal price range, but I'm willing to pay a little more for the self-confidence it gives me. Having lived with the near-destruction of my self-esteem from hormonal acne as a teen, I'm really enjoying the compliments now.

on 10/6/2014 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this powder/foundation! When I was younger and my skin was oilier I always used MAC's Studio Fix. However, as I've gotten older and my skin became drier I had to find an alternative and this product fits the bill perfectly. It's available in a variety of shades. The texture is smooth with no dust. It wears all day. If you are going out at night you may need to touch it up but that's normal for any product. I have rosacea and it covers my redness nicely.
It's not cakey or heavy even in the high humidity summer months. The sponge allows two ways to apply heavier or smoother depending on which side you use. I will definitely re purchase. It lasts a long time and is packaged beautifully. Well worth the money.

on 6/20/2014 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I bought this on a whim to get the 7 pc free gift at Macy's. The color I was matched with was 2N2 Rattan. I liked the silky texture the first time I put it on; and that it also evened-out my skin tone, I thought. But after a few hours, oxidation has become more noticable. I went to the bathroom and saw that my face was about 2 shades darker than my neck, and the rest of my body. I also have combination skin with several dry patches on my chin (from drying out my breakouts) so the powder accentuated my dry spots. Obviously from this observation, that 2N2 was not a good colormatch for me, although it looked perfect on first application. I bought a refill in another shade 2C2 and its just ok, with the oxidation my face looked slightly tan, but better than 2N2. So color match with oxidation in mind is very, very important with this powder.  When it comes to coverage, I would say it is sheer to medium but buildable. It did not, unfortunately, cover my acne dark marks. I use wet/dry sponge. Dry sponge for oil-control, sheer look; wet sponge for a medium to buildable foundation coverage. Use with caution though, as the more you put on layers of the powder, the darker it will look when it oxidizes. Oil-control is ok, of course I prefer the dewy look. I like the compact itself, kind of classy.  I would recommed this to anybody who has perfect skin, as using this alone does not do well on covering up active, drying/healing pimples and scars.

on 6/4/2014 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this powder in pale almond and i just love it. I use it over my makeup and it gives a beautiful finish to my face. It is the perfect color for a wall-colored-girl like me and feels extremely soft and perfect on my face. Also it's not heavy and doesn't need touch-ups during the day.
The package is nice and closes very good, also it has a nice sized mirror and a small sponge hiding under it in a separate compartment, these features make it perfect for carrying around and taking it with you as you travel.
A bit expensive, just like every estee lauder product, but it's totally worth it!!

on 5/27/2014 4:44:00 PM

I love this powder and it matches my foundation perfectly giving me a flawless finish and I hardly need much! Only downside is ever since I started using it I've had a lot of break outs around my chin area - which I'm not prone to unless it's that time of the month (it's not that time). I don't know whether to put the spots down to this powder or whether it's just natural causes. I shall continue to use in the mean time and if i continue to break out I will not buy again.

on 5/11/2014 11:38:00 AM

I would never have expected to find such a good powder foundation at Estee Lauder! I had trouble finding a good match in another brand and a helpful SA matched me to Fresco in Double Wear (I'm NW15 MAC). It was a perfect match, which is pretty amazing... I usually have trouble finding a foundation that isn't too warm or too dark.

I like how this goes on. Over my sunscreen, it looks very natural and I don't need much to even out my complexion. The brush you use with this seems to make a big difference--using UD's Good Karma brush, I get good coverage that doesn't look cakey. I'd bet that using just the sponge that's included to pack it on or not buffing it out might make it look cakey.

This actually lasts all day, which is great.