April 19, 2014 | 1597 users online

Powder - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Powder Makeup

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by karencilla9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm very disappointed with this product. It looks cakey on me and settles into fine lines. After an hour my skin look oily as hell!!! I have combo skin but this product makes me look even oilier, I hate it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by lilyrose93

I really wanted to like this product because I use the double wear foundation and absolutely love it but it just does not work for me. I love having full coverage and like the matte look but this powder made me look cakey! The more I put on throughout the day the worse it looked. Also the color is darker than the double wear liquid foundation. I wear Sand in the liquid and in the powder foundation it is about a shade darker. It does seem to have really good staying power but I just could not get over how cakey and off the color was. It almost made my face look dirty! I have a yellow skin tone and the powder just was not a match for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 8:24:00 PM More reviews by thaonlylakergirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Who knew I'd find what I've been looking for at the Estee Lauder counter?! Any dark-skinned African-American woman can attest to the extreme difficulty with finding makeup that doesn't turn ashy or gray on our skin. Well this is one. The shade Rich Mahgonay matches my skin tone perfectly; you literally can not see it on my skin. It also does not oxidize or turn dark. It's not great at controlling oil so I can't give it a perfect rating, but I will settle for the perfect color match and no oxidizing. Oh it's pricey...almost $40 but I would repurchase this because it looks natural and like you're not wearing anything.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2014 6:31:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

I bought this as a stopgap measure, it is never the best way to buy foundation but I really needed something and was limited to what the airport duty-free had to offer. Well.

It is not a bad powder foundation. The powder is smooth and gives good coverage, I would say medium. It is very matte and can look heavy I think an exact colour match is really key with this product. This is where I went wrong. I got shade 2N2, which looked neutral with warmer undertones, compared to the other shades which were clearly pink. However on my skin it "reads" more pinkish (I am light yellow/olive).

The other negatives I would say are that it emphasises wrinkles around my eyes (I think due to its heavy and matte texture), and it does not control oil well although it claims to. I put it on in the morning before I go to work, and by mid-morning I already have a shiny t-zone.

It was also very expensive. The compact is nice, but clunky. All in all I would not buy this product again but it might suit others with more neutral/pink skin tones and wish for a heavier powder with a matte finish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Savvy890

This was a little pricey around the $40 range. Although, the quality of the product is amazing. It makes my face look super smooth and covers well. No complaints there. I would recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by moreyuna

I didn't expected this powder as a pure powder WITHOUT foundation on it. I let the SA give some trial look, she put 1N1 (ivory nude) and 1N2 (ecru) on me; as you know the counter's light very bright so sometimes I wrong to pick the right shades; every SA always give me their lightest shades which I'm not match at all. The powder itself completely amazing; very smooth, very silky, and very pigmented. It also had a very good oil control, after 4 hours my face didn't oily at all (if you combined this with double wear fdt, it will last longer and last flawless). I choose 3W1 (tawny); the SA already told me that this shade will make my face a little bit darker. Next day, I tried this powder to go to office, and everybody said my face looks VERY NATURAL like I’m not wearing any makeup. It 100% perfectly match my skin tone.
Cons:
Very pricey, they sell the powder and the pact separately, so you have to pay extras.

Pros:
- I love Estee Lauder because they have many color range especially for Asian women that have warm-yellow undertones.
- Very natural-satin finish look, it didn't give you matte or dewy finish look, but it just so damn natural, that’s all.
- Buildable coverage.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 7:14:00 AM More reviews by soleil_kitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I was in London about six weeks ago I suddenly broke out really bad. Worst break-out in years, probably. So, short of a foundation (usually I just use a blotting powder), I went to an Estee Lauder counter & bought this on a whim. I remembered having the Double Wear Liquid foundation years ago which I was very happy with but I chose to go with the powder make-up this time instead. I'm a MAC NC15 & was matched 1N1 Ivory Nude which was a nice fit. It looked natural, the coverage was perfect, not dry or powdery but just on the right side of dewy. I liked it a lot! Now here's the problem: I have a very oily T-zone. Very. Very. And unfortunately "Double Wear" meant nothing on my skin. After two hours my nose & chin looked awful. I had to blot constantly afterwards, like every hour or so. By the end of a eight hour working day the powder started to melt off my skin and that just looked very unfortunate, to put it mildly. Meanwhile I have put it aside. Maybe it would work during winter; I really don't know. In my opinion this powder foundation would be great for people with dry to very dry skin. I give it two lippies for the beautiful colour & finish because that just looks great when applied. But really, as a foundation that's got "Double wear stay in place" in its name I expect oil control for at least 4 hours? I know I need to blot, don't get me wrong but not after two hours already. Very unhappy with this. A classic mispurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by pohollybear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recently purchased this in Cool Bone, the same shade of Double Wear liquid that I use every day. I was told by the assistant to buy the powder in the same shade, but this is NOT the same colour at all! As soon as I applied this powder over my foundation, it was a ghastly orange shade and I actually had to go and remove all of my makeup and start again. A very expensive mistake. I would recommend that you try this powder in the store rather than buying your normal DW shade, especially at the price of £29 a pop. I would love to be able to review this powder's texture, lasting power, etc. but I can't stand the sight of it on my face and would not wear it out in public. Considering that Cool Bone is the lightest shade available here (other than translucent), it's incredibly dark and I'm so disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by Blondebeauty2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best powder I've ever used. I've used it for many years, I always come back to it cause nothing can compare. It doesn't settle into fine lines or pores. It doesn't clog ur pores or make u break out. It's just amazing & I'll always buy it! Blows Mac's skin finish out of the water :D

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 6:58:00 AM More reviews by Shh23

I like this for when I can't be bothered to do a full foundation routine. I use it over top of liquid foundation to set it using either a powder brush or the smooth side of the sponge it comes with. I used it over my liquid foundation for my wedding and it lasted all day. It can build up a little around nose if I get sweaty but its not too bad. Great for touch ups during day and shine and redness control.