August 20, 2014 | 1071 users online

Powder - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Powder Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by hippiexchic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim to get the 7 pc free gift at Macy's. The color I was matched with was 2N2 Rattan. I liked the silky texture the first time I put it on; and that it also evened-out my skin tone, I thought. But after a few hours, oxidation has become more noticable. I went to the bathroom and saw that my face was about 2 shades darker than my neck, and the rest of my body. I also have combination skin with several dry patches on my chin (from drying out my breakouts) so the powder accentuated my dry spots. Obviously from this observation, that 2N2 was not a good colormatch for me, although it looked perfect on first application. I bought a refill in another shade 2C2 and its just ok, with the oxidation my face looked slightly tan, but better than 2N2. So color match with oxidation in mind is very, very important with this powder.  When it comes to coverage, I would say it is sheer to medium but buildable. It did not, unfortunately, cover my acne dark marks. I use wet/dry sponge. Dry sponge for oil-control, sheer look; wet sponge for a medium to buildable foundation coverage. Use with caution though, as the more you put on layers of the powder, the darker it will look when it oxidizes. Oil-control is ok, of course I prefer the dewy look. I like the compact itself, kind of classy.  I would recommed this to anybody who has perfect skin, as using this alone does not do well on covering up active, drying/healing pimples and scars.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by BahattA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this powder in pale almond and i just love it. I use it over my makeup and it gives a beautiful finish to my face. It is the perfect color for a wall-colored-girl like me and feels extremely soft and perfect on my face. Also it's not heavy and doesn't need touch-ups during the day.
The package is nice and closes very good, also it has a nice sized mirror and a small sponge hiding under it in a separate compartment, these features make it perfect for carrying around and taking it with you as you travel.
A bit expensive, just like every estee lauder product, but it's totally worth it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Zoe8x

I love this powder and it matches my foundation perfectly giving me a flawless finish and I hardly need much! Only downside is ever since I started using it I've had a lot of break outs around my chin area - which I'm not prone to unless it's that time of the month (it's not that time). I don't know whether to put the spots down to this powder or whether it's just natural causes. I shall continue to use in the mean time and if i continue to break out I will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by CoonieR

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I would never have expected to find such a good powder foundation at Estee Lauder! I had trouble finding a good match in another brand and a helpful SA matched me to Fresco in Double Wear (I'm NW15 MAC). It was a perfect match, which is pretty amazing... I usually have trouble finding a foundation that isn't too warm or too dark.

I like how this goes on. Over my sunscreen, it looks very natural and I don't need much to even out my complexion. The brush you use with this seems to make a big difference--using UD's Good Karma brush, I get good coverage that doesn't look cakey. I'd bet that using just the sponge that's included to pack it on or not buffing it out might make it look cakey.

This actually lasts all day, which is great.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by karencilla9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm very disappointed with this product. It looks cakey on me and settles into fine lines. After an hour my skin look oily as hell!!! I have combo skin but this product makes me look even oilier, I hate it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by lilyrose93

I really wanted to like this product because I use the double wear foundation and absolutely love it but it just does not work for me. I love having full coverage and like the matte look but this powder made me look cakey! The more I put on throughout the day the worse it looked. Also the color is darker than the double wear liquid foundation. I wear Sand in the liquid and in the powder foundation it is about a shade darker. It does seem to have really good staying power but I just could not get over how cakey and off the color was. It almost made my face look dirty! I have a yellow skin tone and the powder just was not a match for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2014 8:24:00 PM More reviews by thaonlylakergirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Who knew I'd find what I've been looking for at the Estee Lauder counter?! Any dark-skinned African-American woman can attest to the extreme difficulty with finding makeup that doesn't turn ashy or gray on our skin. Well this is one. The shade Rich Mahgonay matches my skin tone perfectly; you literally can not see it on my skin. It also does not oxidize or turn dark. It's not great at controlling oil so I can't give it a perfect rating, but I will settle for the perfect color match and no oxidizing. Oh it's pricey...almost $40 but I would repurchase this because it looks natural and like you're not wearing anything.

UPDATE-I still like it but it makes my face shiny, more shiny than when I wear nothing or other powders. Also I am noticing the shade I purchased is a little too dark but the next shade up is too light.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2014 6:31:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

I bought this as a stopgap measure, it is never the best way to buy foundation but I really needed something and was limited to what the airport duty-free had to offer. Well.

It is not a bad powder foundation. The powder is smooth and gives good coverage, I would say medium. It is very matte and can look heavy I think an exact colour match is really key with this product. This is where I went wrong. I got shade 2N2, which looked neutral with warmer undertones, compared to the other shades which were clearly pink. However on my skin it "reads" more pinkish (I am light yellow/olive).

The other negatives I would say are that it emphasises wrinkles around my eyes (I think due to its heavy and matte texture), and it does not control oil well although it claims to. I put it on in the morning before I go to work, and by mid-morning I already have a shiny t-zone.

It was also very expensive. The compact is nice, but clunky. All in all I would not buy this product again but it might suit others with more neutral/pink skin tones and wish for a heavier powder with a matte finish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Savvy890

This was a little pricey around the $40 range. Although, the quality of the product is amazing. It makes my face look super smooth and covers well. No complaints there. I would recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by moreyuna

I didn't expected this powder as a pure powder WITHOUT foundation on it. I let the SA give some trial look, she put 1N1 (ivory nude) and 1N2 (ecru) on me; as you know the counter's light very bright so sometimes I wrong to pick the right shades; every SA always give me their lightest shades which I'm not match at all. The powder itself completely amazing; very smooth, very silky, and very pigmented. It also had a very good oil control, after 4 hours my face didn't oily at all (if you combined this with double wear fdt, it will last longer and last flawless). I choose 3W1 (tawny); the SA already told me that this shade will make my face a little bit darker. Next day, I tried this powder to go to office, and everybody said my face looks VERY NATURAL like I’m not wearing any makeup. It 100% perfectly match my skin tone.
Cons:
Very pricey, they sell the powder and the pact separately, so you have to pay extras.

Pros:
- I love Estee Lauder because they have many color range especially for Asian women that have warm-yellow undertones.
- Very natural-satin finish look, it didn't give you matte or dewy finish look, but it just so damn natural, that’s all.
- Buildable coverage.