Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Powder Makeup

3.7

Talc, Isostearyl Palmitate, Silica, Calcium Silicate, Methicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Boron Nitride, Methyl Methacrylate, Crosspolymer, Polypropylene, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green

I had never used an Estee Lauder product before, but I'd heard good things about their Double Wear line so I was excited to try this. My mom had purchased this powder and realized that she bought the wrong shade, so she let me have it. It's a perfect color match on me.

Although it's a powder foundation, I never use powders by themselves. I always use them to set my liquid foundations and combat shine. This stuff worked perfectly for that purpose. I use this over my BB cream or medium coverage foundation to get a little more coverage. One application is good for the day and I never have to reapply. It gives me an airbrushed look, too. I fell in love with this stuff immediately!

I love the texture of it. It's very fine milled and goes on so smooth. It comes with a sponge, but I prefer to use a kabuki brush because it gives a nicer and more even finish. I like that you can build this up to achieve fuller coverage without looking too cakey. A few other people seem to have issues with it oxidizing, but luckily I haven't had that problem and I've been using this powder for quite some time.

This is a great product! I am so happy that my mom passed this along to me instead of exchanging it, because it has become a staple of my makeup routine. It's a little pricey, but I can definitely see myself repurchasing this in the future. Now I'm curious about trying the infamous Double Wear liquid...

on 6/29/2015 3:15:00 PM

I bought this in bone which is the lightest colour available in the UK although I am shell in the liquid version. The liquid version I wore for years happily but as I have got older and my skin has dried out it has not been as successful at covering my skin. The skin on my cheeks is drier and heavy liquid foundation just coagulates there and brings the dryness to everyone's attention. I decided to try the powder. The coverage is a light to medium finish so not as heavy as the liquid. I would prefer a heavier coverage. The colour is not light enough but foundations rarely are for me. It is ideal for just patting over skin in the morning to even out skin tone and conceal minor blemishes but you still need to apply concealer. It doesn't matter if you go over an area again with the puff to improve cover as it just generally darkens the area if the powder is not a perfect colour match. I find it does not accentuate my dry patches and provides decent cover although I still need to spot conceal. It lasts all day on my face without oxidising apart from on my nose BUT my nose is such an oil well that is normal. What pleased me was it stayed on perfectly everywhere else and on my chin especially, no settling into fine lines. I wish the colour was lighter.

on 6/5/2015 12:45:00 AM

- $40 (purchased at Macy's)
- Reference Point: I usually use NC25 in MAC Studio Tech or Bare Beige08 in Bare Minerals Brightening Serum. Combination/Slightly Oily Skin
- Application Technique:Brush

1. This powder WILL OXIDIZE, was initially matched with 3W1 Tawny at the counter, walked around the mall for 1+ hours, when i returned to my car i noticed that the powder had oxidized...it looked like i had a lot of fake,orange tanner/bronzer all over my face.
2. Feels very heavy, after a few hours (2+ hours), face begins to feel very greasy
3. Color Match is vey difficult- W (warm shades) are very yellow, C (cool shades) are very pink, N (neutral shades) make skin appear ashy

* Rather expensive for a powder foundation, most likely will not re-purchase due to oxidation, difficulty with color matching, & how it feels on your skin after a few hours.

on 4/6/2015 6:58:00 AM

Pros:
- nice and handy packaging
- didn't break me out

Cons:
- 1N2 Ecru in the liquid foundation, but 1N2 Ecru powder version is WAY lighter
- sheer coverage and rubs off
- kinda chalky and cakey
- doesn't control oil long

Wouldn't really recommend this product. Kinda useless for me

on 3/9/2015 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Was so impressed with my Estée Lauder Double Wear liquid foundation that I thought of buying EL Lucidity Powder after reading all the good reviews here in MUA. I decided to check the EL counter the other day in Rustan's Shangrila only to find out that Lucidity has been discontinued here in the Philippines. The SA suggested to get the Double Wear Stay in Place Powder Makeup as summer is approaching, she reasoned this can replace the liquid foundation for a really light coverage. I got the same shade as my liquid foundation, Rattan and the next day I decided to use this. After my moisturizer, I applied this using a stippling brush and boy, was I amazed to see that in spite it being in powder form, it still gave full coverage, as in it covered my freckles and some dark spots but felt so light as if not wearing makeup at all. It even got me through dinner and a show and I still looked glowing and fresh. I tried using it as a finishing powder over the liquid foundation and it also lasted from morning to night. What can I say, I've really found winners in Estée Lauder. The only drawback to the powder is the price. You have to pay for the compact, which by the way is quite gorgeous, and the powder refill separately. Total cost is Pesos 3,500 or $78.00, which is quite a hefty price. I just would like to think that it would last a long time so I won't have to buy the refill soon.

on 2/20/2015 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Estee Lauder's Double Wear line is such high quality, and their pressed powder is no exception. The powder is very finely milled, which allows me to apply it as light or heavy as I please. And maybe its the milling, but it seems to last quite a bit longer than pressed powders usually last me.

on 2/11/2015 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Why did it take me so long to find a good, blendable and the correct color compact powder? This powder is absolutely fantastic! Fresco is an amazing color, I honestly believe it would suit most fair women. It covers but doesn;t cake, is not obvious and at the same time seems luminous. I highly and strongly suggest it as an everyday powder.

on 2/7/2015 5:47:00 PM

This product was horrible on my skin. I never suffered from any break out because of a beauty product - even when as I teenager was using the cheaper stuff - and I managed to get this from a £40 luxury product. I was looking for a good coverage powder - previously have been rotating between Mac and Clinique - and the Estee Lauder representative persuaded me to buy this.

Firstly - I didn't really see any great coverage. The product just sat on my face creating batches of colour, instead of providing any good coverage.

Secondly - within days my skin broke out. It was oily beyond belief and got spots.

I stopped using this straight away but at the time I thought that maybe it was just a coincidence. I decided to give it a chance a month later and got the exact same results (really annoying as it took me a while to rebalance my skin, the first time).

Straight to the bin (along with my £40 I guess). Never buying again.

I totally love this stuff!!

on 1/1/2015 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been wearing MAC Studio Fix over different foundations since it first came out in the mid-eighties but ageing, redness and not being able to cover the broken veins around my nose led me to the EL counter at my local department store. The cosmetician there suggested I try this powder around my nose over my Double Wear concealer. Bingo! Beautiful staying power, at least four-five hours, and a perfect shade match (Fresco). I had recently started using Resilience Lift Extreme liquid foundation and the Double Wear concealer, and am incredibly pleased with the results. My skin looks flawless and still skin-like. The secret is thin, thin layers. I apply the foundation with my trusty beauty blender sponge, in a very light coat, the concealer with a tiny brush exactly where needed, as Lisa Eldridge demonstrates in her videos, and a light layer of the Double Wear Powder with a large brush. The first day I wore it, my (female) doctor said, "Wow, you look glowing!" I was sold :) The MAC powder went in the garbage! I do look young for my age (65 this month, almost no wrinkles). Most store clerks don't believe I qualify for the 55 senior discount, but I'm convinced this combo makes me look even better. I do have a few acne scars from years of breakouts, some broken veins, etc., but now that I've found such a good combination for hiding them, I'm not about to change. Yes, EL is on the high side of my normal price range, but I'm willing to pay a little more for the self-confidence it gives me. Having lived with the near-destruction of my self-esteem from hormonal acne as a teen, I'm really enjoying the compliments now.