December 17, 2014 | 1737 users online

Makeup Brushes - Essence of Beauty - Foundation Brush

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2013 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Blove94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is the first foundation brush I got and I'm still using it because it's still in pretty good condition. (Been about 2 years). The price wasn't too bad and you can buy it at local drugstores. This brush is okay for beginners. It does give good coverage and and streaking is minimal but there is some and that's why I'm switching to a new brush (sigma f80). It doesn't give you a airbrushed finish whatsoever! It's a pretty strong brush but it's kind of hard to wash because foundations goes everywhere and I use the revlon colorstay which is known to be super hard to take off because it STAYS on your skin. So I guess it's an alright brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This brush didn't work out for me. It doesn't apply as well as my Sephora brushes. This brush applied streaky and didn't give me the "airbrushed" look I am used to. I returned this brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by whoremoans

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I know that most people prefer a stippling brush to a foundation brush, but I'd take this foundation brush any day over anything.

I use my foundation brush with MAC foundation and I dampen the brush before applying.

Though upon the first couple of strokes the brush looks like it will streak, it produces an airbrushed look every time.

I love this brush and would compare it to the MAC 190.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by patriciabain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this foundation brush as well as a few of the other brushes from essence of beauty because they are so cheap at the drugstore. It works very well with the cream foundation that I use in the winter and cleans up pretty well, too. The bristles don't fall out too much, either, which is nice. The reason I give it a 3 is because the black part the holds the brush separate from the white handle. And this isn't a random occurance, because it happened on the double-ended blush & powder brush I have from them, too. If you're looking for cheap brushes, I'd consider e.l.f. I have some of their brushes, which are dirt cheap, and they have held up very well for ages.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by pastelliazzurro

I love this brush! I heard such good things about it, so I went to CVS and I thought I would give it a try. I love the design of the brush and the hairs are so soft; it looks and feels like a department store brush. I got mine for $10. It blends my foundation nicely and it works for different types of foundation. It's also very easy to clean. I will definitely repurchase; I need another one to hold me over when I am cleaning the other one so that I don't go without it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Tigereyez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the large two toned one. I love this foundation brush! It's larger than standard brushes which makes the application process faster. Although the brush is big it's easy to manipulate because the end of the bristles are tapered which makes getting into corners of the nose and eyes easy with just the twist of the hand. The brush is oh so soft but sturdy enough to get the job done. I have had no fall out even after cleaning. I would purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by rottenbanana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Great brush for a low price. Works very well for blending foundation. I usually squirt out a pea-sized amount of foundation and spread it on my nose, under eyes, forehead, cheeks and chin. Then go back and blend with this brush. However I think the brush I purchased was bogus. Based on other people's reviews I believe this is rare. After washing a couple times the bristles started to come out in chunks when I used it. I might purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

**I am reviewing the Synthetic Foundation Brush** What first drew me to purchasing this foundation brush after I own so many, is that it is very large. Much larger than any of the other standard foundation brushes I own. The bristles are very soft and it's very easy to use. I can finish my face much quicker with this brush because of its large size.. and I can still get into small areas with the tips because it's a fairly flat brush. I love this brush for applying powder over my foundation as well!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by whisper

[review is for the two-toned bristle brush, sold by itself] I bought this brush w/the intention of using it to apply my liquid foundation (duh, right?) but sadly it did a mediocre job at best. The bristles are very soft and the brush itself (as a whole) is nicely sized, though in my opinion the head is a bit too large and therefore not precise (had to tilt it on its side to get in between my brows and on the temple region, as well as for blending down the jawline). I will say that it appears to be fairly well made, especially considering the price. The bristles, while soft, are not densely packed at all, which is another way of saying that the brush head is far too flimsy and thus splays out too much the second it makes contact w/your skin. This of course leads to streaky, uneven application and why I cannot recommend it for liquid foundation. It being so soft, however (and inexpensive), I found a great use for this brush, and that is applying homemade facial masks. It works beautifully for this purpose! (Obviously streaking is not an issue here.) So I do like it for that. I've had it for a little over a year and have washed it countless times. The first couple of washes, it returned back to its original form, but subsequent washes led to frayed 'flyaway' bristles all over the place (which have only gotten worse the longer I've owned it). The bristles separate and 'piece' together in little clumps when dry, which is a clear sign of subpar quality bristles/brush head construction. (Again though, not really an issue for the purpose this brush serves me.) The handle meanwhile has remained firmly secure all this time no loosening whatsoever. In the end I like this brush for 'painting' on face masks; however I wouldn't recommend this foundation brush because, although affordable and apparently of overall good (enough) quality, it simply performs its intended purpose so poorly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2011 10:26:00 AM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

VERY IMPRESSIVE ;) I purchased the duo-color bristle one (sold separately for around $12.00). First, this looks different than other foundation brushes I've used in the past. The EOB brush is dense, larger and the bristles aren't uniform - they stagger in length. Secondly, I found that the construction of bristles made foundation applicaton flawless and I experienced no streaking (Mega Plus). The handle on the brush is very sturdy and easy to hold giving you control. Also, I notice that I'm using less product by using this brush and not my fingers. My technique is to squirt a small dot on the brush and using quick short strokes blending and buffing the foundation one section of my face to another. The results are non-cakey and flawless. I know how expensive brushes can be and when I spotted this @ CVS I was very excited. The cashier looked at me puzzled when I bought this and said "$12.00 for this? This is expensive." I told her, "Actually it's a steal!"