July 25, 2014 | 1115 users online

Eye Primer - Mary Kay - Eye Primer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Pandahk23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this product because I have very oily eyelids & my eyeliner tends to rub of on my upper eyelids after a few hours. This did not help at all, and at times i think it just made it worse.If you have oily eyelids I do not recommend this primer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I read a review on Total Beauty about this primer so I wanted to give it a try. Unfortunately for me wheni put it on it caused my eyelids to burn snd the delicate eye area skin flaked off.... This was problematic when trying to spply eyeshadow on top of the primer. I went ahead and tried but got an uneven application and this did not last or prevent my Eyeshadow from crashing. It was possibly worse than without any primer at all

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by annieherdez

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the older version, the one that it's packed in the dark grey tube.

This was the first primer I ever tried. I have the oiliest lids ever and I have to perform a complicated eye routine to ensure that my eyeshadow lasts. When I use this primer along my usual routine (heavy coat of Vichy dermablend set with powder foundation) I find that my eyeshadow lasts about 16hrs without moving or creasing. Without the primer, my eyeshadow lasts about 8 hours.

I have used this alone, and I find that my eyeshadow lasts 5 hours before it starts to crease. When I don't wear a primer my eyeshadow creases in 2 hours so this doubles the wear time.

I would buy this again but I can't stand the aggressive ways of Mary Kay's sales women. Also, when I ran out of this the women I got this from said it would take her a month to collect all the merchandise for her clients. I won't bother to find another sales person so I purchased Too Faced's Shadow Insurance instead.

Compared to Shadow Insurance this Mary Kay primer is sub par but it may be an option if it fits your budget better than a HE product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 6:20:00 AM More reviews by BombshellChic

I got this on a whim when Leighton Meester rec'd it. And I love it. It works as well as more expensive ones. And it lasts along time.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2012 7:24:00 PM More reviews by amyfarrahfowler

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Crap. Utter crap. That's really all I can say about this product is that it's absolute crap. I tossed the tube after three uses. Yes, tossed it in the trash. My shadow creased within 2 hours and I don't have very oily lids. After 8 hours my shadow had vanished except for nasty grease lines in my creases. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by steve483

This product simply is a waste of money. It did not work for me at all, in fact, my shaddow lasts longer without this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by indemake

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Simply does not work if you have very oily skin. Does not make eye makeup last any longer than normal. Oil in skin seems to dissolve the product, this making it ineffective. Might work better if one has normal or dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2012 8:03:00 AM More reviews by kalzangdrunma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

While I prefer *not* to buy *anything* from this company, I have to say this eye primer is the best I've ever used. It's VERY expensive, BUT it also REALLY works. Recommended!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2012 2:06:00 PM More reviews by buttons723

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Works good if you have normal/dry skin, but if you have oily lids like myself, then this isn't a good primer. I have used it for a year and I thought it was good until I tried a sample of lorac's eye primer and I realized what I have been missing! It makes shadow last about 4-5 hours on me before creasing, whereas the other primer will last all day with no problems. Will not be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Shauna08

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This primer came highly recommended by a friend and it does keep eye shadow and liner put it creases terribly. I even dusted my eyelids with translucent powder and that didn't help. I won't be buying this again.