3.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 years ago

LOVE IT only because I have oily skin. If you have dry skin you won't like this. My skin is actually really weird because in my t-zone I get really oily but I always have dry patches on my chin that are flaking and very noticeable. That's why I like using this. It's very easy to spread out on your face and it absorbs really fast. Doesn't leave my skin oily at all, but its moisturizing just enough to cover the dry patches. And most importantly it doesn't break me out :)

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

2.0

11 years ago

I used this product for about 2 years with the rest of the 3-step system. Those 3-steps did a lot to clear my face - I'm about 99% clear now, which is amazing - but my skin was always on the drier side. I bought this when I started the system, and it gave me adequate moisture, but I'd still have dry patches. About six months ago, my skin seemed to get increasingly drier. I would slather this moisturizer on, but the area around my mouth and chin still had awful flakes. If I opened my mouth too wide to eat, or rub my cheek against my pillow, those flakes would become embarrassingly apparent. Bottom line, for $20+, this is an inadequate moisturizer. Way, way, way too light. I've moved on to Purpose Dual Treatment Moisture with SPF 15, which, in one or two uses, completely cured my flakes. I no longer have to worry about my skin sloughing off.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairSilver

EyesOther

11 years ago

I got this in a kit. I really love this new and Improved Oil Free Moisture w/ SPF 15. The things I love about this moisturizer: 1. It goes really well with the 3 step system. 2. It is not shiny on my super oily skin (most sunscreens leave a shiny sticky film) 3. The only suncreen that does not break me out. 4. Its actually cooling soothing effect on the skin 5. moisturizers well, I use it everyday, it even takes away any dry patches. 6. spreads smoothly without feeling grity like their previous version which came in a pump, I have the tube version now. 7. It doesnt spread white like most sunscreens do which you have blend in. This is HG quality. Definitely my favorite right now. I have not had warmer weather in my town so I dont know if this is sweatproof.

About reviewer (1387 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Tan, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Other

11 years ago

I will not purchase this SPF 15 lotion again! I think it's a total waste of money for a moisturizer that's only a SPF 15! I think it makes me break out too.. I like the old formula better - moisturizes without looking greasy!

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBrown

12 years ago

Wasn't moisturizing, made my skin feel tight, yet look greasy (didn't even think that was possible). Will not repurchase, sorry I wasted the money on it.

About reviewer (334 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Other

12 years ago

If want a moisturizer because your skin is dry, don't get this one. I started using the generic Pro Activ cleanser/toner/repairing lotion (AcneFree) and it has done wonders for my acne. I use it on my face, neck, chest, and back. I normally don't use a moisturizer (I know, bad) but I've been extremely stressed out lately and out came the zits and cysts. The benzoyl peroxide has worked very well but dries out my skin. I can easily deal with the dry skin for clear skin though! My neck was so dry and felt so tight that it hurt to turn my head, and it started getting all flaky. I went and blew $30 on this Pro Activ moisturizer because now I am paranoid about putting anything on my skin that could make the break-out worse, and I thought this must be really good because of the brand and the price. WRONG!!! This did nothing to help with my extra dry skin. The smell is okay and the texture is fine, it rubbed in and wore well under make-up, but it sure didn't moisturize at all. If you are looking for a very light moisturizer, this could be good for you. But if you are using the Pro Activ 3 step system, then your skin is probably dried out and you need extra moisture, which you won't find in this moisturizer. Until I find anything better (if I ever do) I'll stick to my Cetaphil Non-comedogenic Moisturizing Lotion that my dermatologist recommended. It is a little more greasy than I would like, but it quenched my flaky skin in one application.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBlond

EyesGreen

12 years ago

I don't like this at all. I have really oily skin and this didn't help it that much at all. Additionally it didn't absorb into my skin. I let it sit for a good 15 minutes before starting on my foundation. When I did it just slid off my face in this disgusting, dirty, greasy film. And I had just washed my face before putting it on! Will not repurchase.

About reviewer (174 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

13 years ago

I have ridiculously oily skin and everything I use to control that dries me so sometimes I need a moisturizer. I rarely find one that doesn't break me out. This one is perfect. It feels good and works but doesn't cause break outs. Just enough moisture for me but probably not enough for dry skin. PS Keep away from eye area-it stings!

About reviewer (385 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Coarse

13 years ago

I have tried numerous moisturizers in search of the perfect SPF, Oil-free combo that doesnt promote breakouts and this one is by far the best one yet. L'oreal, Clean & Clear, etc just dont absorb as well. Plus this stuff has a little bit of a "glue" kind of smell to it, but I definitely do NOT smell the sunscreen like other moisturizers. The only thing that bothers me about this stuff is the price...its $17 a pop in the MI area and that is INSANE for such a tiny amount. Otherwise I'd say it's fantastic though.

About reviewer (45 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

15 years ago

This is the only sunscreen that does not breakout my combo, sensitive and acne prone skin. I like the texture and it works well under makeup. I just wish they made it with a higher SPF.

About reviewer (68 reviews)

Age44-55