FACE Atelier - Ultra Foundation

FACE Atelier - Ultra Foundation

Cyclomethicone, Water, Glycerin, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl Dimethicone Copolyol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Cellulose Gum, Nylon-12, Tribehenin, Lauroyl Lysine, Tristearin, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Ci77891/Titanium Dioxide, Ci77492 Ci77491 Ci77499/Iron Oxides, Mica Ci77019

on 9/7/2017 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I bought samples of this through camera ready cosmetics, and glad I tried samples first. This foundation has a very silicone-y feeling which I do not like (prefer liquidy water based formulas). When I first apply it it seems to have a sorta dry look that emphasizes my large pores. Granted as the day goes on it does look better when it mixes with my natural oils. Colors seem to run lighter than I expected.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I've seen quite a few reviews raving about this foundation so I thought I'd give it a try. This company ships out of Canada and I can't say enough good things about the customer service. I live in the US and I paid for over night shipping and received my package in 24 hours. If you go directly to their website they will let you buy samples of their foundation and I highly recommend you do this. Their shades are numbered and they don't correspond with other companies numbers. I usually wear a 30N in Chanel or Dior or Mac. I have light/medium skin that is dry and mature with fine lines. I ordered shades 2 through 6 and none of these were dark enough for me. They do sell a red, black and white as well as yellow so you can mix your own shade. Fortunately I had ordered those as well so I was able to mix up my own color. This is great if you have trouble matching your skin tone. This foundation provides light to medium coverage. It goes on very smoothly and is build-able. It sits very nicely on the skin and looks pretty natural when I applied it with a beauty blender. Here's my complaint about this foundation and maybe it's just me but this foundation does not photograph well. In all the pictures I took in the three times I used it, all my pores looked enlarged. I was surprised because I don't really have enlarged pores so I looked in the mirror and it looked fine but another selfie and again very porous looking skin. I'm a bit perplexed how a foundation could look good in person but awful in a photograph. I had a friend take a few pictures in her phone and the same thing happened. I just can't really say I'm all that crazy about this foundation. It's ok, the shades run very light and there's not a lot of range but you can mix your own shade if you really like this foundation. The sample sizes are very generous so it's well worth your effort to get some and try for yourself. I paid a dollar a sample. The wear time seems to be around 5 or 6 hours before it started to break up on my chin and nose. If you have oily skin you probably won't like this foundation because it seems thicker and creamier than most foundations. I don't normally have foundation break up on my nose but this one did, so I imagine it is full of some kind of heavy moisturizer. Like I said before, great in person, not so much in a photograph.

Im disappointed with the performance of this foundation due to the ff reasons:

1. Irritated my acne prone sensitive skin. I was expecting this would be compatible to my skin as it doesnt contain fragrance/perfume. This aggravated my acne similar to commercial foundations, no difference at all.

2. Not self setting. How can a liquid foundation be not self setting when thats one of the primary reasons we are after for. It keeps sliding off the tissue, nails, clothing

3. Not long wearing. Well because it is not self setting, it keeps transferring and so it would not be long wearing. Can be remedied by setting or pressed powder, setting spray. But wait, thats the long route for creams. This product is a liquid and shouldve avoided those lengthy steps

4. Oxides a little. As with most glycerine containing products, this also oxidizes to half shade darker. So do get testers or test with ur clients first

I guess this product is surrounded with lots of hype from the pro community and its basically designed for pros, but as for the consumer market this foundation is forgettable. There are lots of better products in sephora macys ulta mac stores and consumers who want fast base application will have to skip this one

3 stars - medium to full buildable coverage, wide range of shades with adjusters, no primer needed, not cakey, great for closeups hd compatible

I had high hopes for the Face Alelier Ultra Foundation but unfortunately this foundation was a disappointment. I applied this foundation using my clean hands and a beauty blender, both with the Face Atelier powder on top. Both times it left a greasy sheen on my face straight away but it did not get greasier as the day went on (just looked the same). It was far too dewy and oily looking for my face. I have combination skin so I prefer a demi-matte look. The texture and colour were nice though plus it did not break me out at all due to the high grade ingredients and lack of irritants. What a shame this is not suited to my skin! The product was very easy to blend. I used the colour Ivory which looks pale when you squirt it from the bottle, but changed to a darker colour on my face. The colour was a nice match for my light neutral skin. Someone with dry skin may like this foundation but it is definitely not for combination or oily. Oh well, looks like I'm back on the hunt for my Holy Grail foundation! If only they didn't discontinue the Lancome Adaptive Foundation (this was my ultimate Holy Grail)...

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Man this is a pretty foundation! I know they say no primer needed with it but I use the Hourglass Veil Primer just for a little extra hydration after moisturizer (dry as hell here). It looks skin like, can be built up without looking cakey and spreads great with a beauty blender. My hub loves the way my skin looks when I wear this.. I hate scents, this has none and it stays on all day! It's probably the most unique one I have out of my collection in the way of how it sets, lasting coverage and it seems to look better in an hour or two. Takes a while to set. If you are dry you might really like this one if you can find your shade! I am NC 30 in MAC and WHEAT matches me perfectly!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I wear the shade Honey . I am an nc40. I find the color light and ashy when set. I love how it applies. I dont use a primer under it. But it glides on really well. It feels smooth. It doesnt feel sticky although it feels like it when you see the creamy texture akin to Giorgio Armani Luminous silk ( minus the watery texture) . I love it however i just dont like the color pay off. It stays on all day and it doesnt rub off unlike Nars all day luminous or cover fx custom cover drops. It gives a nice matte finish but oil control is so so. It is okay since it dont expect much for foundations nowadays. I just wear them and im done! I dont overanalyze or whatever. I dont wanna stress my life with thinking why this why that . All good. It's fun that i get to try it .

on 9/11/2015 10:19:00 PM

I had high hopes for this foundation based on the positive reviews I read here but alas it didn't meet my expectations. I bought the sample size Ultra Foundation in No 5. Day 1: I applied Cerave body lotion on my face as my moisturizer then I used a stippling brush to apply the foundation (which btw is runny). It felt soft on my skin but I found it made my face look oily - maybe some would call it dewy but not me. By hour 4, my face was shiny I actually had to use the washroom and use a papertowel to wipe the oil off my face. (I dont usually wear make up so I had no face powder or blotting paper/tissue). I decided to give this foundation another try by changing my application technique. Day 2: I applied Cerave to half of my face only then applied foundation on my entire face using a natural sponge. The appearance and texture was only slightly better. I still had oily face by hour 4. I will keep trying different application methods and maybe put a translucent powder to set the foundation next time. I should also note that my face turned a little bit darker within a few hours of putting the foundation on. At least it wasnt orange lol. Maybe this will be better in the winter when my face is drier. For reference I am combo skin - oily on tzone but have dry cheeks.

I just received my samples and I have to say I'm in love! I have fair, combination skin with large pores around the cheek area. With this makeup my pores look smaller, I don't look oily or dry, and it looks like my skin - not a bunch of makeup. I had this on the other day and actually ran around running errands in this Oklahoma heat and although I broke out in a sweat a couple times, my makeup still looked good even after wiping the sweat away. That's never happened before!
I wear a sunscreen underneath, as well as a moisturizer and it doesn't pill up. It layers very well where you need it. I use a setting powder over it (Bare Minerals Perfecting Powder), and it lasts until I take it off at night.
I can't wait to order more, and I was glad to see the listings for the two others sights to order from here in the states instead of Canada. I plan on getting the 0++ in order to keep up with my skin getting tanner this summer. What a great idea!
The two other places that sell it online in the states are:
http://camerareadycosmetics.com/ and http://whiterabbitbeauty.com/.
It is not tested on animals - another important plus for me, and it is fragrance free and vegan.
Give it a try!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best foundation I've ever used! No primer needed, it stays on all day (lasted me 13 hours before I removed it) and it looks so natural! The best quality I love is that it isn't heavy at all! It gives that fresh dewy look and you don't even need to set it with powder. I would definitely recommend this foundation... Worth every penny!

You can purchase this foundation as a pro size (20mL and plastic container) or normal size (30mL and glass container). They both have pumps which is always a plus. The foundation has quite a liquid-y consistency, but don't be fooled, it is gives you more coverage than you would think. The great thing about this foundation, is it is so easy to build from a very light coverage to moderately heavy coverage with out caking. The reason this is, is because it is silicone based. Silicone based foundations are great but you have to know what products are compatible with it otherwise it will not work in your favour. Make sure you use a silicone based concealer with it (example- makeup forever full coverage concealer) if you are blending the two together so they mix seamlessly. And DO NOT use a primer, even if it is silicone based, it will not work, stick with a moisturiser before use. If you won't want to buy it because you feel like you need a primer with every foundation you use, you could say this has an 'inbuilt primer' in it because it is silicone based and it will last for the whole day. I read some people were upset because it leaves an oily or too dewy look on the skin. This foundation I find is ok on all skin types, you just have to set it! Even just set it with a powder in the t-zone to avoid that oily shine but keep the rest of your skin dewy. It truly is a great foundation that you can easily keep light or amp up.