Everyday Minerals Swimming Pool

4.5

Not tested on animals

This is one of their new blush shades. I would compare it to Nick Nack only it has some brown or tan pigment to it, so it's sort of a pinky brown shade. Very natural looking. No shimmer. I have light skin and it gives a nice natural flush to my face. My other favorites are Apple and Nick Nack.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I adore this blush! I've long since learned to disregard the swatches on the everyday minerals website, so far, NONE of the swatches for the colors I've picked resembled the colors they were representing in real life. Consequently, I just randomly pick a color and hope it works. This one was picked in just such a manner and I was floored when I actually received it. It is darker than the swatch; a sort of peachy mauve with some tan that looks absolutely gorgeous. It is hard to describe, and my description doesn't do it justice, but I loved the way it looked when I brushed it on. Like the rest of EM's blushes, this one is highly pigmented, so you need to use only a little and apply it with a light hand. Also like the rest of the EM products, the jars have to be kept upright at all times, or else you'll get a ton of product all over your lap, counter, vanity, etc. when you open it (I really wish EM would use jars where you can block the sifter, as you can with a canister of talc). As I got this as part of a set, this was really cheap. EM does provide great deals.

Well, I never pay any attention to online swatches, but the descriptions on EM's site are usually better than this -- I don't see "pinky-mauve" anywhere in this pot, which looks more like a bronzer with some pink/red undertones. It's a very warm-toned colour and much too dark for this PPP. It could be a great colour for someone with light-medium skin who wants a matte bronzer with a little more colour to it than plain brown, but it's completely wrong for me, so it's going back.

I was extremely surprised to see this color when I first got it because I was expecting a pinky mauve as described on the EM Website--like a light version of Plum Dust. I even emailed one of you MUAers to make sure I had gotten the right color, lol!
It turns out that Swimming Pool is more of a brown-toned pinky-peach instead with a matte finish although I do notice a little bit of a sheen when applied. It's not quite as warm and light as Weekend Getaway, but is in the same color family (on me, anyway). Because of this color's brown tones, this does make a good summer blush as it imparts a sunkissed, almost bronzer look--but with some color.
Also note that when I was trying to find the mauve tones, I wanted to see what this color looked like wet: it did turn quite a bit darker and I could sort of see some mauve in it although, to me, it still had the rich earthier tones. I also noticed a very light pink sheen as an overtone to it. continued >>

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I can't wait until Everyday Minerals witches back to showing the REAL product and not just the color swatches because this color is much darker than on their website and have more brown in it than one would expect.

I really like it, but I've been mixing in some of the Light Pink shade (as that shade is too light for me) and trying to get a nice, light pinkish/brown shade that's not TOO light. I prefer Apple, however. I got this with the intention of getting a lighter, natural looking pink shade. I might try Soft Touch next but I would love to try Siesta.

I love this color for a natural look. I spent the whole summer at the pool, and I can honestly say this is almost the exact same color of my sun kissed cheeks. Only I'm starting to lose that color, so this is a nice way to bring it back, and I don't have to go into the sun... very nice natural color, used quiet often.

I have to agree with the reviewers below that this looks nothing like the swatch shown on the website. Far from being a mauve-pink or whatever, it's actually a matte neutral brown with hints of rose. It gives a nice healthy sun-kissed sort of glow, and would probably work really well as a contour shade. I don't reach for it much though because i prefer blushes with more pink/red. I wouldn't repurchase since my small sample jar will probably last my whole life, but i can see this working for many people, particularly blush-averse ones! :P

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I bought this in full size and I was quite disappointed on how the color showed on me was not flattering - Light Olive/with yellowish tone (NC20). I love EDM blushes and I still keep using it for over-all face color to perk-me up in the morning.

A color which I describe as muted brownish red-mauve but it appears to be dull when apply it alone and can be ashy brown look when apply to much on the cheeks. As suggested you can apply as a contour blush and all over face color and it looks great when apply on the lips!

I agree with the other reviewers, this is nothing like described on EMs webpage, but I still love it! I don't use this as a blush, but as a bronzer and it works wonderfully. I have PPP skin (EMs fairly light) and it gives me a beautiful sunkissed look that is more natural than most bronzers I've tried. I love the fact that it's mineralmakeup and can be use all over without clogging my pores. The color is darker than Soft Bronzer, but lighter than the Everyday Bronzer so for me it's perfect. Will definately repurchase a full size as I got this as a part of my free sample kit. A new HG for me !

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I'm shocked that this has so many bad reviews! But of course a blush is going to look very different on different skin tones. I am EDM Cool Medium Summer foundation for reference and I LOVE this blush! It's the shade I've been looking for for a subtle sun kissed-rosy cheek natural look. I love that it's not super pigmented so you can start light and slowly build color until it's the perfect blended, natural look. I recommend trying this blush, if it's not for you you're only out $4 shipping on the free sample kit! And you could probably swap it for another shade you want to try. But I bet you'll want to keep it :)

Popular Blush Products